SQY

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With the new Thread about Narutobase getting an upgrade, I thought I'd throw in another idea to support some newcomers or generally people who wouldn't mind having this.

The Narutobase AH​

Starting off, let me get this off my mind.
It will be Easy to use, simple as that.

The Auction House idea functions like what you what think an Internet Auction House would work like, every day / week, people would update their best Avatar / Signature creations on the Auction House. People who are new to this site or people who are looking for new Avatars or any kind of GFX would be there. Giving people a chance to spend their Kumi on something, instead of making countless threads about Avatar requests etc.

The GFX would be sorted into Groups, for example:

Signatures
Profile Pictures

And in each of these Sections would be more choices, but going into genre would be getting tricky, just say you uploaded a Deidara avatar for sale, where would you put this? What if there is no genre for the specific avatar you uploaded? Simple, you put it into a different section, for example ''Other avatars''.

People can bid on each GFX or just buy it out completely with enough Kumi, when they buy it out, the GFX will be removed from the List on the Auction House, and only the person who bought it will get a spam-like message saying something along the lines of

''You have won the <GFX>, Here it is!'' <Insert Picture Here>
And for the person who made the GFX
''Your GFX has been sold, Here if your Kumi!'' <Insert Amount Here>

Here are some Pro's and Con's of this Idea

Pro's:
No Waiting time, instead of waiting on a thread for someone to make you an avatar, you could easily check the Auction House which is constantly being updated with new GFX.

Easy to use, its essentially a point and click.

Something to spend Kumi on, not everyone wants to sit there and go to their bank account to send someone < Insert Kumi here > for that cool Avatar someone made them, when the person can get the Kumi straight away. Most people don't even spend their kumi, so this could be new.

Con's:
Timing on buying etc, what if 2 people bought the same thing at the same time? What if Timing or slow website speed screwed up what you wanted? This is one of the problems.

People changing their avatar/sig etc, to much, everyone wants to be recognised on here, and changing avatars and sigs constantly will only confuse people. This is probably the most annoying one of all.

Sorting things into Categories would be extremely annoying.

This is just a Quick Idea, and I don't care if it is scrapped or just generally not bothered with, who knows, this idea could spark more ideas in the future anyway. Thank you for Reading

Last edited:

Negative Knight

Legendary
Kin
806💸
Kumi
5,938💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Generally it sounds like a good idea but it would cause a lot of unecessary problems with the current GFX System.

-A lot of people who aren't considered the "best" will find that what they love doing becomes obsolete because no-one will want the sigs and ava produced by them when they can get better work else where.

-Getting GFX is a one time thing, its like buying a TV to an extent, people don't really tend to change Sigs and Ava's that often.

-People will be pressured to work so much harder with the in flux of requests and the demanding nature of an auction that the overall quality of their work will suffer.

All these things would ruin the GFX section which is a substantial part of Naruto Base, unless a way can be found around them this suggestion could create as many pros as cons.

Last edited:

~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think the idea is good (no offence)

If people are new and want a ava they can just go to

Or if they have kumi they can make a request in one of the shop .

I just don't see it working when we already have a system going on.​

Last edited:

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The management would be hard as you'd have so many people trying to swamp the thread with their "2 and a half minute works" of crap. I don't think it's a good idea, especially since it's relying on the forum itself.

Reactions: SQY

SQY

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Generally it sounds like a good idea but it would cause a lot of unecessary problems with the current GFX System.

-A lot of people who aren't considered the "best" will find that what they love doing becomes obsolete because no-one will want the sigs and ava produced by them when they can get better work else where.

-Getting GFX is a one time thing, its like buying a TV to an extent, people don't really tend to change Sigs and Ava's that often.

-People will be pressured to work so much harder with the in flux of requests and the demanding nature of an auction that the overall quality of their work will suffer.

All these things would ruin the GFX section which is a substantial part of Naruto Base, unless a way can be found around them this suggestion could create as many pros and cons.
Yes yes, I totally agree, and I have no response to it, I just generally agree

I don't think the idea is good (no offence)

If people are new and want a ava they can just go to Lawliet Avatar dump

Or if they have kumi they can make a request in one of the shop [Sticky].

I just don't see it working when we already have a system going on.
Yeah, if you don't think its a good idea thats fine, I personally don't see it as half bad,
But the problem with the current system is, that getting an avatar as a newcomer is quite difficult and annoying, personally I just want to see a simple way of getting to things, because when I first joined, I had no idea what an Avatar Dump was, or even what an avatar shop was.

~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes yes, I totally agree, and I have no response to it, I just generally agree

Yeah, if you don't think its a good idea thats fine, I personally don't see it as half bad,
But the problem with the current system is, that getting an avatar as a newcomer is quite difficult and annoying, personally I just want to see a simple way of getting to things
Not,really I didn't have a problem when I was new and with people that make ava/sigs (such as my self) for free,along with shops the current system is alright IMO.

Last edited:

~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lol, when I first joined, I thought Render's were Avatars :sy:
lol Well thats because you were new :D

Plus if you didn't know what renders are look up the definition or ask a question.

Every new comer is going to be confuse but everything you need to know is in the forums. Not to hard once you know your way around the forums...Unless you can't read xd