[Discussion] Naruto: The Whorl within the Spiral - Minato One-Shot!!

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Drop everything you are doing, the Minato One-Shot is here!!
Like, why are you even on this site if you are not gonna go read it? Do it now :lok::lok:

"The story of Namikaze Minato (Fourth Hokage), the winner of the world-wide popularity poll project--NARUTOP99! Just how exactly did Minato, the father of Naruto, develop a certain jutsu...?"

You must be registered for see images

Naruto X Hunter

Legendary
Kin
2,304💸
Kumi
1,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It was amazing. Minato just became my third favorite character. Which til recently had been the same since I began the series 18 years ago - Sasuke, Naruto & Kakashi. Now Sasuke, Itachi & Minato. The latter two I was always neutral on.

I'm very interested in Sasuke-Minato comparisons. The greatest teenage geniuses in the franchise. Both fought Jinchuriki, Kurama (multiple times, even in the mental plane), created legendary jutsu, advanced their predecessor's jutsu, matched Bijudama with their signature jutsu, defeated Raikage & Bee, have teleportation, fought in the Fourth World War, aimed to become Hokage, are embarrassingly superior to Naruto, & are in the top two ships in the franchise.

Speaking of that. Kishimoto was DEFINITELY inspired by Sasuke Retsuden. Which, if you read Kimura's interview, he played a big part in. Even drawing the last page. Which is reminiscent of the last page of Minato's with the couples infront of the Hokage monument.

Reactions: Michael92

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was amazing. Minato just became my third favorite character. Which til recently had been the same since I began the series 18 years ago - Sasuke, Naruto & Kakashi. Now Sasuke, Itachi & Minato. The latter two I was always neutral on.

I'm very interested in Sasuke-Minato comparisons. The greatest teenage geniuses in the franchise. Both fought Jinchuriki, Kurama (multiple times, even in the mental plane), created legendary jutsu, advanced their predecessor's jutsu, matched Bijudama with their signature jutsu, defeated Raikage & Bee, have teleportation, fought in the Fourth World War, aimed to become Hokage, are embarrassingly superior to Naruto, & are in the top two ships in the franchise.

Speaking of that. Kishimoto was DEFINITELY inspired by Sasuke Retsuden. Which, if you read Kimura's interview, he played a big part in. Even drawing the last page. Which is reminiscent of the last page of Minato's with the couples infront of the Hokage monument.
Makes you wish Kishi still did the art for Boruto, doesn't it? Or even more projects like this.
57 pages felt way too short to be honest, I would want something like this every other month xP :lok:

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was pretty good. Nice to see Kishi's art again. I love the kushina-minato dynamic and how sinister kurama was. Although, the scene with Han and Roshi contradicts the statement at the kage summit saying only Bee, Yagura, Madara and Hashirama could control a bijuu. Then again, that scene was contradicted by Yugito willingly transforming against Hidan and Kakuzu lol. I was hoping we'd get to see that jutsu, Minato was about to do in the war arc.

Reactions: Michael92

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,751💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This was pretty good. Nice to see Kishi's art again. I love the kushina-minato dynamic and how sinister kurama was. Although, the scene with Han and Roshi contradicts the statement at the kage summit saying only Bee, Yagura, Madara and Hashirama could control a bijuu. Then again, that scene was contradicted by Yugito willingly transforming against Hidan and Kakuzu lol. I was hoping we'd get to see that jutsu, Minato was about to do in the war arc.
I thought about that too, but that statement might be related to full on Biju powers, either by controlling the beast itself (like Madara, or even Obito in the Konoha village attack), full sync (like Naruto) or going full tails and still maintain it (like Bee).
Kind of seemed like Han and Roshi were able to draw out chakra avatars like Yugito and utilize Biju Bombs (can't recall if she did or just the avatar/some tails though).

On the note of using Biju Bombs, they also played with that idea in Ultimate Ninja Storm with Gaara vs Hidan.
Gaara didn't have any control really but the idea of him summoning 1 tails Shukaku's head and firing off a bomb was used here as well.

You must be registered for see medias

Near the end of the fight.

Reactions: Tantalus Thief