Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah, a long awaited reappearance (for a few seconds, but it happens nonetheless xd). Hopefully, that aside, this proves to be a good chapter in it of itself, as short as it turned out. As always, enjoy:)

Here’s my previous chapters, for those who missed any:

Chapter 104: Divided

Ichigo and Hedero’s duel didn’t carry on long, but when shinobi are trading blows with the intent to kill, a mere fifteen minutes can seem like an eternity. During this fifteen minutes, the other three Swordsmen present, with little energy leftover from the battle that preceded this one, found themselves sewn together on the ground, a task that only costed Hedero a small burn across his forearm courtesy of Ichigo’s signature weapon. His ease in deflecting his vicious attacks only made his superior skill with his sword more apparent, which in turn caused Ichigo’s anger to flare.

Ichigo: I should’ve killed you when you said you were betraying the village, Hedero! You and the old man!

Hedero: I never betrayed them, Ichigo! They betrayed the Union! The Union’s more important than just a single village!

Ichigo: And what if we were wiped off the face of the Earth, cause that’s what's best for the Union!? Why don’t you take your head out of your ass and start looking out for your own, Hedero!?

Hedero: (He shook his head in dismay as he tried to think of something to say.) You’re still young, Ichigo. You can’t see the big picture yet.

Ichigo: (He squeezed his free hand into a fist.) All I know is that my father died for a mission that took place on the other side of the continent because of the “big picture”. I’d rather die allowing my village to go after its own ambitions than let the Union keep using it to fulfill theirs!

His allies gazed over at him as thoughts of his late father ran through his mind. Even wildflower Mikan found the sight too pitiful to mock.

Ruko: Ichigo…

Hedero did not share this same sentiment. In fact, being the son of two deceased parents himself, he saw fit to spit in his direction at the very thought of his reasoning being genuine.

Hedero: Do you have any idea how many fathers are lying dead on this battlefield because our village is trying to go after its own ambitions? If you’re gonna try justifying your stance on all this, Ichigo, can you at least not be such a goddamn hypocrite!?

He rushed him in a burst of anger, reaching out to run Nuibari through his arm and just barely running it through his sleeve. A few well-placed maneuvers allowed him to avoid being caught in an explosion as he continued swiftly and subtly running the needle-like sword through Ichigo’s shirt and pants at various points. When all was said and done, he ran the sword through a nearby tree and yanked hard, sewing him down and rendering him immobile. He proceeded to stand back and watch as Ichigo struggled in vain to yank himself free. When he finally gave up, Hedero raised his sword to finish him off, only to leap back in a fright as Ichigo waved Shibuki in front of him, unraveling a massive length of explosive scroll primed to blow if he moved any closer.

Ruko: Ichigo, no!!

Ichigo: You better stay back, Hedero! Don’t think I won’t hesitate to blow us both to hell!

Saidai: Ichigo, just give up! There’s no need to go this far!

Mikan: He’s right, Ichigo! You’re not gonna solve anything just by killing yourself!

Ichigo: All of you, shut your damn mouths!! This is my choice, so stay out of it!!

Ruko: …But it’s the wrong one.

He looked back at her when she said this, finding her with her head hung in sorrow, tearing up in spite of herself. He gritted his teeth and looked back at Hedero, but turned back to her a second later, torn between upholding his threat and surrendering to the Union to appease his friends. Hedero saw this and lowered his sword, but when he stepped forward to console him, Ichigo mistook his mercy for a move and swung his sword forward, bringing the scroll with it.

Ruko: NOOO!!!

He closed his eyes, thinking it would numb the pain brought forth by the explosion. For a moment, he thought the trick worked, but his next deep breath quickly disproved this. When he opened his eyes again, he stared dumbstruck at his scroll laying on the ground, severed and diced into uselessness. The perpetrator, none other than Rounin, standing before Niyo and the rest of Airon’s samurai unit. He gazed down at Ichigo, anger in his eyes, but surprisingly no animosity.

Rounin: She’s right, son. The young should never be allowed to die in the name of the old…and certainly not the dead.

Ichigo took a moment to catch his breath, his life having just been spared, before allowing Rounin’s words to plague his thoughts. His father was a talented swordsman in his right, though not enough to claim one of the spots held by Ichigo’s predecessors, hardened by a father who’d been scarred by the previous war and found it fit to take his anger out on his family. Despite this, or maybe because of it, he grew into a loving husband who refused to show the same treatment to his wife or their only child. His biggest inspiration as a young Academy student, the news of his death was the first true taste of tragedy Ichigo ever experienced, the singular event that shaped his body and mind into what they were today – a member of the Seven Swordsman of the Mist, who hated the Union with a passion in spite of what he knew his father would think of it. In his eyes, the war against the Union was the ultimate act of revenge – and to hear that the cause wasn’t worth devoting his life to was more than he could bear.

Ichigo: Stop telling me that…STOP TELLING ME EVERYTHING I BELIEVE IS WRONG!!!

He clawed at the sides of his head as the tears flowed from his eyes. Just a short distance away, his teammates watched him with pity, Saidai appearing visibly disturbed while Ruko actively struggled to tear herself away so she could run to him. Mikan, on the other hand, looked over to Hedero, silently insisting that he allow them to go free. Having noticed their longing, as well, Hedero eventually gave in, cutting loose the threads that bound them together. Immediately, Ruko ran up to Ichigo and threw her arms around him, Mikan and Saidai following after her.

Mikan: You brat. Why don’t think about everyone else’s feelings for a change?

As comforting as her words were, they nonetheless aided Ruko in ceasing Ichigo’s tears. The others watched for a short while, until Niyo took it upon himself to break the mood.

Niyo: General Rounin. Our task at hand…

Rounin: (He gave a nod, though he never really forgot.) Well, if all five of you are in good enough shape, you need to stand and come back with us now.

Hedero: (He looked to him in confusion.) What’s the rush?

Rounin: A third party’s made their presence known in the area, and the Fifth Mizukage believes you five, in particular, to be in danger.

Ruko: (She looked up, as well, partly confused by the nature of the threat, but also by his mention of them in his warning.) But I don’t understand. We’re enemies. Why would you concern yourselves with our safety?

Rounin: This is a matter existing outside the boundaries of the war, my dear. We have no reason or desire to protect Hedero and not you four, as well.

Mikan: Well, not to put us all down, but who the hell’s singling us out, anyways? Who did we ever piss off?

Her very words gave the answer away, taking with it the color from all five of their faces.

Ichigo: Oh my God…

He appeared immediately after, his sword already drawn, causing every head to turn and every left foot to step back. It didn’t surprise him, though. Over the past five years, Masurao had become quite used to this effect.

Masurao arrives on the battlefield, his own ill intentions in mind!!!

The End

Trea

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Definitely too short because I love long reads, but still good. You did a good job of showing the divide between the 7 swordsmen and also good build up for Masurao's appearance. I now know why Airon is running to the danger. His ego won't allow him to pass up a shot as Masurao.

Chakra Wizard

Elite
Kin
14💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Definitely too short because I love long reads, but still good. You did a good job of showing the divide between the 7 swordsmen and also good build up for Masurao's appearance. I now know why Airon is running to the danger. His ego won't allow him to pass up a shot as Masurao.
Many thanks*_* And no, it certainly won't. lol

Omega

Legendary
Kin
40💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
God, Ichigo was ready to go all "Vegeta Big Bang" That dude has some serious issues. Lol, and now they are all ****. On to the next chapter. Lol