Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Telepathic jutsu have always had a mysterious aura around them just based on the fact they've yet to be completely explained upon. Of course, using common sense we can infer a few things on the unique ability.

As a Telepath, since the ability to enter one's mind has been shown, this opens up a plethora of other aspects. For one, all telepaths technically should be sensors. Why? Because they're able to project their psyche onto a specific target's chakra/body. That being said, how are they able to locate said person/chakra? Especially when such a person is at extensive range? Sensory.
You must be registered for see images

Telepathy — The supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses.

That noted, my question is this:

While the telepath is communing/projecting themselves inside of another's mind, is it possible to "sync" themselves with their victim's psyche? What I mean by this is, is it possible for them to subconsciously know what their opponent's game plan/strategy against them will be?

An example:

Telepath inserts themselves into their target's mind, while remaining subtle so his/her opponent doesn't notice their subconscious presence.

Target subconsciously plans to trap the telepath in a Genjutsu.

The Telepath being subconsciously submerged into the target, will have access to their thoughts, and will be capable of formulating a counter to the upcoming Genjutsu.

A simpler notion:

Telepathy should allow the user precognition through mental foresight, because being inside of their target's mind/soul allows them to see, and hear their subconscious thoughts before their opponent performs such.

HyuugaHeir

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ino is gravely underused. Well, fairly speaking, she isn't the hardcore combat soloist in the first place. She's pretty useful in the long run.
And Katsuyu too. Probably the best summon during non combat heavy sitch

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The databook said that ino can transmit thoughts and memories so she probably can predict an attack, thought it involves her molding chakra
Not just Ino though, all telepaths should be able to do such, if they've canon feats of entering other's minds. So this goes for yes Katsuyu, and other telepaths.
Ino is gravely underused. Well, fairly speaking, she isn't the hardcore combat soloist in the first place. She's pretty useful in the long run.
And Katsuyu too. Probably the best summon during non combat heavy sitch
True, all the Yamanaka's are underappreciated, but there are other telepaths as well. Just think, this isn't even their full potential, being able to literally link yourself to your opponent's mental is one of the most exploitive techniques we've seen yet.

HyuugaHeir

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not just Ino though, all telepaths should be able to do such, if they've canon feats of entering other's minds. So this goes for yes Katsuyu, and other telepaths.

True, all the Yamanaka's are underappreciated, but there are other telepaths as well. Just think, this isn't even their full potential, being able to literally link yourself to your opponent's mental is one of the most exploitive techniques we've seen yet.
I kind of wished for Karin to have that extended ability. It suits her.

Tauren Chieftain

Elite
Kin
624💸
Kumi
295💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Telepathic jutsu have always had a mysterious aura around them just based on the fact they've yet to be completely explained upon. Of course, using common sense we can infer a few things on the unique ability.

As a Telepath, since the ability to enter one's mind has been shown, this opens up a plethora of other aspects. For one, all telepaths technically should be sensors. Why? Because they're able to project their psyche onto a specific target's chakra/body. That being said, how are they able to locate said person/chakra? Especially when such a person is at extensive range? Sensory.

Telepathy — The supposed communication of thoughts or ideas by means other than the known senses.

That noted, my question is this:

While the telepath is communing/projecting themselves inside of another's mind, is it possible to "sync" themselves with their victim's psyche? What I mean by this is, is it possible for them to subconsciously know what their opponent's game plan/strategy against them will be?

An example:

Telepath inserts themselves into their target's mind, while remaining subtle so his/her opponent doesn't notice their subconscious presence.

Target subconsciously plans to trap the telepath in a Genjutsu.

The Telepath being subconsciously submerged into the target, will have access to their thoughts, and will be capable of formulating a counter to the upcoming Genjutsu.

A simpler notion:

Telepathy should allow the user precognition through mental foresight, because being inside of their target's mind/soul allows them to see, and hear their subconscious thoughts before their opponent performs such.
Your question is pointless why would you spy on your opponent thoughts when you can fully control him.

But about your question . if I remember correctly entire shinobi alliance could see Hashirama flashbacks and first five kage meeting so yes it possible. I only dont know could they do it without their opponent being aware of it (cause Hashirama let Ino to connect them)

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think anyone showed the ability to actually read minds remotely (there always needed to be physical contact, plus the target had to be unconscious, or willing if ally).

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Your question is pointless why would you spy on your opponent thoughts when you can fully control him.

But about your question . if I remember correctly entire shinobi alliance could see Hashirama flashbacks and first five kage meeting so yes it possible. I only dont know could they do it without their opponent being aware of it (cause Hashirama let Ino to connect them)
If you can't understand the importance of subtle actions, there's no point in trying to explain further to you.

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think anyone showed the ability to actually read minds remotely (there always needed to be physical contact, plus the target had to be unconscious, or willing if ally).
There has been though, also, just being inside of someone's mind allows their inner thoughts to be heard, that's literally how telepathy works. When you're inside of someone's head, everything they do subconsciously is relayed to you, until you're not in their mind anymore.

Jinrou

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you can't understand the importance of subtle actions, there's no point in trying to explain further to you.
But what do you think about the second part of his reply? I think he's right because iirc, that genin Jiraiya delivered from ame had to be in a certain state before Inoichi could scan through his memories and even at that point he was the only one skilled enough to do it i think.
If they could subtly supplant themselves i think it'll be difficult to invade memories/thoughts without the target being aware.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There has been though, also, just being inside of someone's mind allows their inner thoughts to be heard, that's literally how telepathy works. When you're inside of someone's head, everything they do subconsciously is relayed to you, until you're not in their mind anymore.
But what's the point if you're already possessing someone? Or rather, what advantage would it give if you want to predict your opponent's actions? :wut: I admit, I may be forgetting something, but I don't remember any cases of characters entering others' minds subtly.

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
But what do you think about the second part of his reply? I think he's right because iirc, that genin Jiraiya delivered from ame had to be in a certain state before Inoichi could scan through his memories and even at that point he was the only one skilled enough to do it i think.
If they could subtly supplant themselves i think it'll be difficult to invade memories/thoughts without the target being aware.
I'm not talking about shelving through memories though, what I'm saying is, while subconsciously emerged into a target's mental, all thoughts while the telepaths mind is linked with his targets are relayed.

If this weren't true/possible, the communications team in the war arc wouldn't have been able to patch people in. Or Inochi wouldn't have been able to contact Ino who had been no where close during Pain's seige.

I'm not talking about delving into inner thoughts, merely hearing/seeing current thoughts while present subconsciously.

Last edited:

DrProof

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
But what's the point if you're already possessing someone? Or rather, what advantage would it give if you want to predict your opponent's actions? :wut: I admit, I may be forgetting something, but I don't remember any cases of characters entering others' minds subtly.
Think about it. When are the victims/targets of mind infiltration always aware? When the telepath talks in their mind. To my knowledge as well, whenever telepathic talk hasn't been initiated, the infiltrated have been oblivious.

Also, I'm not taking about possession, not even talking about the Yamanaka in general, just telepaths entering their targets subconscious. The advantage of this is forethought, a precognition of sorts vecause you'll know your opponents next move before they do it.