Naruto Shippuden Manga Chapter 614: Neji's Death.

Sasuk3Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, I'm well aware that I'm late regarding this chapter - you can thank my final examinations for that. As sad as it was, especially for those who greatly admired Neji's character, something caught my attention that I thought I'd bring up.

Now, the latest chapter made it quite clear that Neji has passed on, no question about it. Regarding how Naruto will deal with Obito/Tobi, if the manga takes the same road that it did following Pain/Nagato's assault on the Leaf Village, and by some miracle Naruto manages to change Obito/Tobi's perspective on the world, leading him to use the Outer Path: Samsara of Heavenly Life Technique on the victims of the battle, just as Nagato did, instead of using it on Madara, then anyone killed would be brought back, including Neji, Shikaku, Inoichi, etc. Of course, that'd be pretty lame, since it's been done before, but it's still a possibility, as long as Obito/Tobi possesses the Rinnegan.

The main question now is, since the seal used by the Hyuga clan completely locks away the Byakugan upon the death of a branch member - If Neji is revived, would he be able to activate it, since the seal has now disappeared, or not? Keep in mind, the seal locks away the Byakugan, not the users eyesight, so in that sense, Neji would have normal use of his eyes, while only his Kekkai Genkai would be inaccessible.

A simple theory really; feel free to share your thoughts/opinions.

Sasuk3Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The seal locks the Byakugan upon the users death. But by being revived I think the seals power becomes null and void.
I was thinking along that route as well. It'd be a nice way to conclude Neji's struggle - he'd finally be released from the cage (represented by the Hyuga's seal), and free as a bird, as he'd always wanted.

Sasuk3Uchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hizashi was revived with Edo Tensei and he had his byakugan. FWIW.
That's true, but Edo Tensei operates a bit differently from the Outer Path, I believe. I'd assume that while Edo Tensei restores the deceased person to the full extent of their powers (in their prime, so to speak), the Outer Path only restores the deceased person to the same extent of the powers they possessed at the time of their death.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am wayyy freaking late with this, real late, saying I just signed up in 2013

Anway, I don't think so, since the reason was to lock away the Byakugan upon the death. Probably for the reason as if anyone with the power to resurrect anyone from the dead resurrects a Byakugan user to try and get the Byakugan,they couldn't since its sealed away.

I'm kinda mixed as if I want Neji to be brought back to life, or be free as he wanted. And if he didn't have is Byakugan, many jutsu's probably would be diffucult to use, such as his 8 trigrams, 64 palms. The jutsu closes off the chakra points in the victims body. But the only way he can see it is by the Byakugan. With that gone.......

But yeah, it saddened me to know my favorite #1 Guy character died protecting his friends... I kinda want a mass resurrection, but like some say, it'll be a killjoy. Crying your guts out when he's actually going to be brought back. We'll have to wait and see....