Naruto Question

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wrong section but I believe Nagato awakened the Rinnegan on his own? I don’t remember but he had it since he was a child so... it’s only possible that Madara gave it to him or the necessary genes to unlock it.
No. The answer to the OP's question is as follows:

Obito was simply speaking under the guise of Madara Uchiha when he made that statement.

@Karui. Madara gave Nagato the rinnegan as a child in a way that Nagato didn't notice.

It was not explained how exactly he gave Nagato eyes without Nagato noticing, but I presume that Madara simply did this when Nagato was a baby.

Nagato never awakened the rinnegan on his own. Yes, I know we see him activating the rinnegan as a child, but activating a dojutsu is not the same as awakening it. Nagato's rinnegan was actually Madara's rinnegan.

Reactions: Angel90 and Troi

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Obito was simply speaking under the guise of Madara Uchiha when he made that statement.

@Karui. Madara gave Nagato the rinnegan as a child in a way that Nagato didn't notice.

It was not explained how exactly he gave Nagato eyes without Nagato noticing, but I presume that Madara simply did this when Nagato was a baby.

Nagato never awakened the rinnegan on his own. Yes, I know we see him activating the rinnegan as a child, but activating a dojutsu is not the same as awakening it. Nagato's rinnegan was actually Madara's rinnegan.
if u mean obito as obito then u r right but if u mean obito as tobi then u r wrong af..

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Soooo I was right? I’m not sure why you said no. And activating and awakening are interchangeable in this situation.

Kin
926💸
Kumi
654💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Soooo I was right? I’m not sure why you said no. And activating and awakening are interchangeable in this situation.
You were right in the sense that Madara gave Nagato the rinnegan as a child. The reason why I said no was because you said that Nagato "awakened" the rinnegan "on his own".

You using the word "awakened" (and then on top of that, saying that he did so on his own) would imply that you believed that the rinnegan was Nagato's own eyes, and that he was the natural inheritor of the dojutsu (which he was not). As we know, Madara is the one who "awakened" those eyes.

Nagato simply activated Madara's rinnegan that Madara gave him.

I must respectfully disagree with your notion that "awakened" and "activated" are interchangeable here. In fact, in the actual conversation between Obito and Konan, Obito corrected Konan on this same thing.

When it comes to dojutsu in the Narutoverse, "awakened" is only ever used when the dojutsu is activated for the first time (by the natural user of that dojutsu). Every subsequent activation of the dojutsu is simply activation, not awakening.

Example:
Sasuke awakened the sharingan when he was a kid when Itachi killed the clan.

Whenever adult Sasuke activates his sharingan, that is not him awakening it. He is simply activating it at that point.

It is the same even in the case of a user of a stolen/gifted eye.

Example: When Madara stole Obito's left eye from Kakashi, Madara proceeded to use Obito's mangekyou sharingan in order to get into kamui's dimension.

However, Madara did not awaken Obito's mangekyou sharingan. Obito awakened his mangekyou sharingan. Madara simply activated Obito's mangekyou sharingan while using it for himself.

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You were right in the sense that Madara gave Nagato the rinnegan as a child. The reason why I said no was because you said that Nagato "awakened" the rinnegan "on his own".

You using the word "awakened" (and then on top of that, saying that he did so on his own) would imply that you believed that the rinnegan was Nagato's own eyes, and that he was the natural inheritor of the dojutsu (which he was not). As we know, Madara is the one who "awakened" those eyes.

I must respectfully disagree with your notion that "awakened" and "activated" are interchangeable here. In fact, in the actual conversation between Obito and Konan, Obito corrected Konan on this same thing.

When it comes to dojutsu in the Narutoverse, "awakened" is only ever used when the dojutsu is activated for the first time (by the natural user of that dojutsu). Every subsequent activation of the dojutsu is simply activation, not awakening.

Example:

Whenever adult Sasuke activates his sharingan, that is not him awakening it. He is simply activating it at that point.

Example: When Madara stole Obito's left eye from Kakashi, Madara proceeded to use Obito's mangekyou sharingan in order to get into kamui's dimension.

However, Madara did not awaken Obito's mangekyou sharingan. Obito awakened his mangekyou sharingan. Madara simply activated Obito's mangekyou sharingan while using it for himself.
Oh I didn’t have a notion. I had no idea.

Angel90

Regular
Kin
3,290💸
Kumi
657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Awards
tobidara aka madara godammit!!!..
I wanted to point out that Obito and Tobi was separeted characters but yes - Tobi is Madara - one more thing

Example:

Nagato didnt awakened Madara Rinnengan when he alrdy had Hashirama Senju DNA but at this point Hashirama Senju DNA and Nagato Uzumaki life force and DNA is different from Senju

Reactions: minamoto