salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm a little confused, some members are claiming ass pulls(should be spelt arse pulls) for certain abilities I don't think they know what ass pulls are.

I'm confused as I'm sure others are by those claims, so could my fellow members define what qualifies as an ass pull?

I'm not asking for certain abilities but an actual definition of ass pull itself.

Discuss away.

Ps. Spamming or off topic posts will be reported so stay on topic.

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Asspull said:
"An Ass Pull is a moment when the writers pull something out of thin air in a less-than-graceful narrative development, violating the Law of Conservation of Detail by dropping a Plot-critical detail in the middle, or near the end of their narrative without Foreshadowing or dropping a Chekhov's Gun earlier on."
> Most of the Sharingans abilities that developed overtime, despite not being foreshadowed despite the years of Sharingan groundwork. For example: The Susano'o being a thing until the very last minute.

Or to add onto that, Itachi also pulling out spirit weapons: Totsuka Blade and Yata Mirror "conventionally"

> Kakashi using PS

> Izanami

> Naruto and Sasuke being reincarnations of Indra and Ashura

> Origin of chakra: Part 1 established chakra as a life force, but Hagoromo stated he taught/gave chakra away lol. More so even Indra learned how to utilize ninjutsu first.

> Entire Otsutsuki plot.

More or less, there's A LOT.

Retsu

Elite
Kin
52💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm a little confused, some members are claiming ass pulls(should be spelt arse pulls) for certain abilities I don't think they know what ass pulls are.

I'm confused as I'm sure others are by those claims, so could my fellow members define what qualifies as an ass pull?

I'm not asking for certain abilities but an actual definition of ass pull itself.

Discuss away.

Ps. Spamming or off topic posts will be reported so stay on topic.
It's funny because I see you claiming anything not done by an uchiha is an ass pull all the time

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's funny because I see you claiming anything not done by an uchiha is an ass pull all the time
Off topic and ass pull is a lot more complicated than that. We're currently trying to establish an agreed upon rule.

That's why I posted the definition of an ass-pull in the opening post, and listed my examples.

TLDR: It's basically something that happens out of thin air in order to move the plot forward.
You didn't you started by dismissing the Sharingan.

You've given a definition now so in your opinion an ass pull is something that happens out of thin air to move the plot forward?

That definition is very vague could you add mote details, not examples. We need to establish a principle before everything else.

Last edited:

Clown World

Bonbibonkers' bf
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara getting backstabbed, orochimaru not dying in part 1, orochimaru not incapacitating sasuke but instead training him to the level that he could kill him, even after stating that he had better eyes than itachi whom rekt orochimaru.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Madara getting backstabbed, orochimaru not dying in part 1, orochimaru not incapacitating sasuke but instead training him to the level that he could kill him, even after stating that he had better eyes than itachi whom rekt orochimaru.
We're currently trying to establish a principle that can be applied across the board. Then you can apply it to every aspect of a story and decide whether it's an ass pull. So we need a definition of ass pull that can be agreed upon.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Off topic and ass pull is a lot more complicated than that. We're currently trying to establish an agreed upon rule.
There is no agreed upon rule.

An ass pull has a world defined term/definition.

You didn't you started by dismissing the Sharingan.

You've given a definition now so in your opinion an ass pull is something that happens out of thin air to move the plot forward?

That definition is very vague could you add mote details, not examples. We need to establish a principle before everything else.
I posted examples already in my OP of stated/known ass pulls. You can find TONS of threads on Naruto Base alone, let alone reddit or even other Naruto forums are common ass pulls in the story.

I mean the series ended 3 years ago, or so.

Mori Jin

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anything that was not mentioned or hinted at, or changed through the Manga to suit certain characters in dire need (uchihas mostly).

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is no agreed upon rule.

An ass pull has a world defined term/definition.

I posted examples already in my OP of stated/known ass pulls. You can find TONS of threads on Naruto Base alone, let alone reddit or even other Naruto forums are common ass pulls in the story.

I mean the series ended 3 years ago, or so.
Your giving examples we still need a detailed definition not a vague one. Otherwise anything and everything in a story can be classed as an ass pull by individuals.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your giving examples we still need a detailed definition not a vague one. Otherwise anything and everything in a story can be classed as an ass pull by individuals.
I don't think anyone needs more detailed definitions/explanations on basic ass pulls of the story.

People are listing a great general amount of them already, some of them even cosign to each other.

I'm sure other members will post some of their known ass pulls and will continue the conversation forward.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think anyone needs more detailed definitions/explanations on basic ass pulls of the story.

People are listing a great general amount of them already, some of them even cosign to each other.

I'm sure other members will post some of their known ass pulls and will continue the conversation forward.
Listing examples of supposed ass pulls and defining or proving tthem as ass pulls are two different things. A detailed definition of ass pull is necessary for that purpose and so I've asked for it. That way we have a principle we can work with to analyse the examples.

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A detailed definition of ass pull is necessary for that purpose and so I've asked for it. .
I see at least two members posted their own interpretations of what an asspull is.

I'm not really sure why you would need a 'detailed definition' of a term that isn't exclusive to the Naruto fandom. Asspulls are general writing ploys, if you want a detailed explanation: Use google.

Or educate yourself in real life. As in asking other people in your day to day what they consider an ass pull.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Like when comparing Byakugan and Sharingan...when they have two different functions.

Byakugan- 360 vision, x-ray vision...that's what it DOES on it's own when activated, LIMITLESSLY.

Sharingan- Izanami/Izanagi...can only be USED ONCE through each individual eye after that you're blind.

seeing chakra(can see chakra at a LOWER LEVEL)...those feats to me are ASSPULLS created by the mangaka through favoritism.

They're convenient asspulls...

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"ass-pull" is just another way of saying "Deus-Ex-Machina", so if you're still desperatly trying to find the universal definition of what someone means when they say something was an ass-pull - they mean it's a deus-ex-machina.

Nerosmoke

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel like the 9 tails chakra in the Haku fight was a ass pull as. we the reader was not told he was able to do so.

The Sharigan however is not as we are told about from sasuke and kakashi before hand.

The hole demon windmill shuriken is a ass pull because it's comes from nowhere and is never used again.

Team7monaa

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sakura not having enough chakra to recover Shikamaru but having enough to summon 10% Katsuyu with Tsunade and recover the remaining alliance, having enough chakra to regenerate from an assault from Madara, travel through Kaguya’s space-time dimensions which a SO6P Naruto clone didn’t have enough chakra to do and punch kaguya and simultaneously heal Naruto and Sasuke.