Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hello again! :hi: I gave Sasuke and Hinata pretty big roles in this chapter, like I usually do, but I feel like I'm neglecting Sakura and especially Akamaru (I barely mention him)! On top of that, I've been caught for grammar errors twice now! Very embarrassing...! (Not that I'm complaining! I've done that with fanfiction before too, because a mispelled/repeated word here and there irks me) So I put the chapter through the word 2010 grammar/spell check this time around. It has issues with foreign names (wanted me to change "Naruto" to "Narrator") but it works. I also rewrote the chapter a few times, which is why I'm posting it today instead of Tuesday. Still, I have my flaws. Please enjoy chapter eighteen!

Chapter eighteen: Advice, part two

NARUTO'S POV

"Akane Village?" Sasuke asked. "That's where we're going next?"

Sakura turned up her palms, obviously questioning Naruto's decision. "We were out for hours, and heard the same rumor. The festival in Akane sales beautiful, valuable kimonos right? Is that why you think Mama will be there?"

Naruto raised his fists, trigger-happy and positive. "I don't think, I know! It sounds like her kind of place! She'll definitely be there!"

"But isn't she looking for you?" Kiba asked. "Why would she be wasting time at the festival while you're on the road?"

"She never sticks to her goals." Naruto grumbled, crossing his arms. "She'd rather fool around with men and steal clothes, acting like some stuck up little princess."

Akamaru whined at Naruto, maybe sensing all the pent up rage and unspeakable disgust he harbored towards Mami. The others eyed him strangely, too.

"I think it's time you told us what you can about the Uzumaki and fuinjutsu." Sasuke said, as if he believed the clan had something to do with his grudge against Mami.

Naruto's eyes shook, but he glanced at Hinata. She claimed Sasuke wanted to help him, but Uri had been clear: when you're on the road, everyone you don't know is an enemy, and everyone you DO know is even more suspicious.

In other words, trust no one, because everyone could betray you. Uri had always meant to drill that into him, but even if he'd tried, it wouldn't have settled properly.

Because that wasn't the type of person Naruto was.

Which meant his only option was to trust as many as he could and hope for the best. If anything went wrong, he'd wing it and come out on top.

He would never lose. Not with the whole clan depending on him

He let out a long breath, and rubbed the back of his head.

"I stink at long explanations but... I guess I can give it a go." He decided.

Everyone, even Akamaru, shot Hinata questioning looks. She shrugged, smiling faintly.

"In my clan, there are thirty or so veterans." Naruto began. "They're super old, like a hundred or two-hundred years. They grew up in the village, so all the stupid rules are more important to them than their lives. It used to be the main line that was in charge of the clan. But the only living heirs are Uri and I; Uri's not a veteran, and I'm what they call a half-blood, so no way am I going to be put in charge! Not that I want to be.

Then there are, I don’t know, ten people around fifty or sixty. Uri and Yuuki are different, but the rest of them are loyal to the Veterans, and the veterans follow the boss. Since Seto's dead, Mako should be the head of the clan now. But Mami plays mind games to get what she wants. Hopefully she won't find them before we do. If she does... She'll trick them all. And as soon as she's in charge, she'll convince them to attack one of the five great nation's hidden villages. Probably Konoha..."

"Why do you say that?" Sasuke asked.

"It's more fun for her that way." Naruto spat, gripping his wrist. "Konoha and Uzushio were friends a long time ago. But some of the Uzumaki hold Konoha responsible for the massacre, so... It's not too hard to turn them against the Senju, even if they are our relatives."

"What do you mean?" Sakura asked.

"It started with M--... I, uh, mean Kushina...she was taken away by Konoha, because somebody named Mito needed her for a job. After that, the current clan head lost his mind, and convinced himself it was all pointless, that he couldn't protect anyone. So he killed everybody, and then himself. After that, everyone had to run, and hide their identity. Uri told me some of the guys who escaped were murdered by outsiders, and others were captured and never seen again. So everyone else hid underground and became nomads in order to survive, while some of the really strong guys walked around, thinking they were the last ones."

Sasuke hummed, as if he understood this.

"Why did you let Karin go?" He asked.

Naruto didn't know who he was talking about. "Karin?

"Long red hair, kind of spiky. Glasses. ."

Naruto gasped, remembering her. "Oh! Her! Yeah... Tsuna and I found her in the alley, but then I figured out she was a half-blood, so Tsuna asked some guys where the outsiders were staying and took her to where you guys were."

"Tsuna?" Kiba asked. "You mean that guy who was with you, Uri, and the pretty lady at Tsubasa's tower?"

Naruto nodded, grinning. "Yeah that's him. He's my cousin, and my best friend."

For some reason, Naruto felt awkward after saying that. The five minutes of silence from the others didn't help.

"Who else is in the clan?" Sasuke asked, breaking the silence.

Naruto missed the awkward silence now. "Nine kids. There used to be ten, but... I Screwed up."

"Hmmm. That explains some things..." Sasuke said, unfazed by this. "In any case, what is Mami?"

"Huh?" Naruto asked dumbly.

"Is she a veteran or around fifty?" He asked. "Which is it?"

Naruto froze. "I don't know..."

"What?"

"I just remembered... I don't know how old Mami is. She could be ancient, or twenty. They all look twenty, even the hags and geezers..."

"Well that's helpful." Sasuke leaned his head back, annoyed.

Sakura put her hand on his shoulder. "It's late. We can set out for Akane Village in the morning, so let's just get some rest."

"Okay, then I'm going to go to my room!" Naruto said, hopping up and practically dashing out. "See you guys tomorrow...!"

"You told them a lot." Kurama said.

"Well... It's not like I can do it on my own." Naruto stepped out of the bathroom, drying his hair. "I'd like to believe I could... But Mami is..."

Her image popped into his head, and he reflexively summoned enough Kyuubi chakra to make his nails grow and sharpen.

"Oi, kid!" Kurama warned, starting to jump around in his cage. "You're making me nervous. Stop it!"

Naruto relaxed, glancing up in sync with his mental self, who was looking at Kurama.

"I thought you didn't get nervous?" He said.

"Shut it!"

Naruto flinched at the sound of footsteps... coming from the ceiling.

"Someone's on the roof..." He muttered, heading out the door and climbing up the wall.

He found Hinata there, sitting on the raised, center of the roof with her legs folded to her chest and her arms wrapped around her knees. She looked sad and lost.

If Hinata were like Tsuna, Naruto would have snuck up behind and scared her.

But Hinata was unlike anyone from his family. So he didn't know how to deal with her.

"Are you going to try and scare me?"

HE was the one who jumped, almost losing his balance. And Hinata laughed at him as he hung on by one arm and pulled himself up with the other.

"I—I was thinking about it!" He admitted. "Not anymore though. How'd you know?"

She giggled. "That's what HE used to do."

Naruto blinked, more serious than before as he approached her.

"Did you like him?" He asked.

Hinata tightened her arms around her legs and ducked her head.

"How'd you know?" She asked.

"Well... When you talk about him," Naruto took a seat beside her, crossing his legs, "You sound really... Desperate. Did you ever tell him?"

He looked at her expectantly, but she only looked down.

"What does it matter?" She asked, crying.

"Well of course it matters!" Naruto yelled, taking her hand, the way she had taken his earlier when he was troubled. "If that was how you felt, you should have said something. Didn't you feel any regret after he disappeared like that? And you just sat there, not saying anyth--"

He gasped when she kissed him. His eyes crossed, and uncrossed. He froze and realized she had started squeezing his hand too tightly, and then stopped thinking.

When she pulled away, he must have looked really shocked because she shot to her feet and disappeared down the side of the house, leaving him to his thoughts.

"Ahahahaaa." Kurama laughed. "You're such a kid. Look at your face!"

Naruto grit his teeth, and shook his head, still flushed.

"Shut up, Kurama!" He looked back at the wall. "What was that about? And earlier too..."

He didn't know how much time passed before he made up his mind to go back to his room, but when he did, he found Sasuke waiting for him outside his door. His hands were shoved in his pockets and his back up against the wall, but his head was bowed, like he was sleeping.

Without looking up or opening his eyes, he asked "What happened?"

Naruto opened his mouth to tell him off, but all anger died as soon as it was born. He closed his mouth and looked down, unsure of what to say.

Finally, he answered his question with a question.

"Say, um... Have you ever... Been surprised by someone?"

"... Like who?"

"Well," Naruto shifted uncomfortably, "A girl, I guess."

"Yes." Sasuke answered, shocking Naruto so much he whipped his head up.

"Well... What should you do in that kind of situation?"

Sasuke's eyes drifted open. He almost seemed... Sad.

But he looked Naruto in the eye.

"It's important to realize what she means to you," He spoke as if giving an order, "Before she gives up and leaves you behind."

Naruto hesitated. What were the chances that what he was about to say could have terrible consequences?

"Is that what happened to you?"

But Sasuke shook his head. "That was because you disappeared, clown."

Naruto slapped a hand over his ear and the other hand against the wall. The world was spinning, changing colors. The lights weren't helping.

"W-what do you mean by that?" He managed to ask.

But Sasuke was already inside his room, shutting the door.

"Figure it out."

Reactions: Naijakid

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I take my statement away.... she's not bold... Hinata has gone renegade :whip:!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;nkCd5hn3yrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkCd5hn3yrI[/video]

Great chapter. Personally would have preferred a more reserved Hinata (her simply saying something like yes or something... then leaving), but hey I'm open to new things :rolleyes:! "The Renegade" was my favorite Assassin's Creed Revelations Character anyhow :cool:!

Manicherryblossom33

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So I take my statement away.... she's not bold... Hinata has gone renegade :whip:!!!!!!!

[video=youtube;nkCd5hn3yrI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkCd5hn3yrI[/video]

Great chapter. Personally would have preferred a more reserved Hinata (her simply saying something like yes or something... then leaving), but hey I'm open to new things :rolleyes:! "The Renegade" was my favorite Assassin's Creed Revelations Character anyhow :cool:!
Great chapter... Perfect Naruhina moment Sasuke definitely is a better friend than sakura
^This. I agree completely. =D

OT: Well done! :hug:
Haha. You guys (all my readers) always make my day with your comments. Thanks for the likes :flowers Nice funny video KGB.

~Uzumaki~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
:nosebleed: oh Hinata! Figure it out, Naruto! This reminds me of a NaruHina fic I read somewhere xd

Crit: Description! Description! Description! You can never have enough of it.

Good chap. This fic has to be NaruHina shipping heaven XD. Hinata is really coming out of her shyness and blossoming with a very shocking yet pleasing boldness! Keep it up. ^_^

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that naruhina moment made the chapter totally awesome:flowers and u should continue to give sasuke and hinata big roles because in my opinion,they make this fanfic interesting as they hardly do or say such bold and temperamental things in manga.Lol:squeek:
plz post the next chp soon.=D