[Discussion] Naruto and Shikamaru Shogi

AaronConnor

Kin
6💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was just having a thought, that would be fun to see a game of shogi between Naruto and Shikamaru where Naruto has thousands of clones analyzing the game, and he's constantly reabsorbing the clones to gain insight, and Shikamaru is just playing normally. Basically Naruto would use the clones to become like a computer playing all different lines of attack and defense.
I'm sure Shikamaru would still win, maybe he would have to play blindfolded too haha. It might all end with a rasengan to the playing board. If I was a writer on the anime that would be my pitch for a short fun filler episode.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

AaronConnor

Kin
6💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was just having a thought, that would be fun to see a game of shogi between Naruto and Shikamaru where Naruto has thousands of clones analyzing the game, and he's constantly reabsorbing the clones to gain insight, and Shikamaru is just playing normally. Basically Naruto would use the clones to become like a computer playing all different lines of attack and defense.

I'm sure Shikamaru would still win, maybe he would have to play blindfolded too haha. It might all end with a rasengan to the playing board. If I was a writer on the anime that would be my pitch for a short fun filler episode.
issue solved!

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My understanding of this is that every clone is tasked with calculating the possible responses to the VERY next moves Naruto could take, they return to him, then Naruto takes the move that he thinks will benefit him most.
i think naruto would lose if that's how this works. it's really hard to grasp how much Naruto would understand if he did this, but the big point to note is that Naruto would "only" be capable of seeing possibilities that are one step ahead. Maybe Naruto could see more steps ahead, but I'd restrict it to one(maybe 2) because these clones are still Naruto. The issue that arises is that Naruto only sees the shortest of short-term benefits to his actions, whereas Shikamaru could see the whole picture and possibly lure Naruto into a loss by tempting him with a short-term victory.