0jordinio0

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been thinking about Sage Mode, and why it appeared so late. It was hardly used before it was out shined by Kurama's chakra.

It would have been better if Naruto was capable of it after he returned from the training trip with Jiraiya. At least then, we would have got more action with it.

The problem is, could Naruto have even learned Sage Mode during the training trip? I'd say yes myself, since very little changed upon his return except the elemental Rasengan.

Your thoughts?

HashiraMadara SenjUchiha

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've been thinking about Sage Mode, and why it appeared so late. It was hardly used before it was out shined by Kurama's chakra.

It would have been better if Naruto was capable of it after he returned from the training trip with Jiraiya. At least then, we would have got more action with it.

The problem is, could Naruto have even learned Sage Mode during the training trip? I'd say yes myself, since very little changed upon his return except the elemental Rasengan.

Your thoughts?
Left for 2 years only to learn a bigger rasengan...

Gerkak

Legendary
Kin
67💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sage mode was introduced to give naruto a power up before the war where he would be forced to use kurama. It was never meant as a substitute for the fox 's chakra just something extra on the side. A shame really

Amazeballs

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
IMO, yes. It seems wrong that Naruto only learned Jiraiya's greatest power after Jiraiya had died. Maybe if Jiraiya had taught Naruto a partial Sage Mode, and Naruto perfected it later on, it would have been reasonable. However, I guess Jiraiya's main focus was on teaching Naruto to use Kurama's chakra, and he wouldn't have wanted Naruto to give up on that training in favor of learning Senjutsu.

In the end, Sage Mode was relevant again after Naruto reached the limits of mere Bijuu power. In his final clash against Sasuke, the majority of Naruto's power came from Senjutsu; Kurama merely acted as a massive container in which to store superhuman levels of Senjutsu chakra.

Ricardo

Banned
Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I would enjoy Naruto's character if he had something unique about himself or clan unique. He's just your typical Shounen MC. Maybe if he had some Uzumaki bloodline power, it would be interesting.

fantomRo83

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Your thoughts?
Spoiler alert
No sage mode = end of the world, no ability to fight and defeat madara and his invisible clones "Limbo"(sage mode weak up naruto abiliti to "feel" malefic intention and existence ), also sage mode allowed Naruto to move fast, almost as fast as the 4th Hokage, if naruto would have had sage mode earlier , he would have been almost invincible as strong as one of the sanins not even genjutsu could defeat him due to the fact that he "feels" threat
Plus the power of the 9 tails alone was not really a big deal. only after he combined Kurama's chakra with sage mode naruto could had a chance against God's of the shinoby world.

Last edited:

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would enjoy Naruto's character if he had something unique about himself or clan unique. He's just your typical Shounen MC. Maybe if he had some Uzumaki bloodline power, it would be interesting.
Thank you this. I waited the whole Manga for Naruto to learn some Uzumaki sealing techs and learn about his clan's (the main character's clan's) own history.

Instead we got all Uchiha all day. I get they were the "villains" but their rich and well detailed background completely derailed any chance for the ACTUAL pritagonist's clan history and development.

As to learning Sage Mode upon his return from his training:

That wouldn't have really worked. Because once he went to face Sasuke at Orochimaru's Hidout, Neither Orochimaru, Kabuto, or Sasuke would have been able to stop him.

Sage mode could take all 3 of them out at that point. Sasuke only had curse mark l, 3 Tomoe and his Kirin at the time. Not enough to go again Senjutsu, frog kata, sensing etc. Naruto would have brought Sauce home beaten by the 1st issue of Shippuden

^ why Always butthurt nardo fans? sasky isn't even mentioned.
No one is butthurt. The fact of the matter is at that point in the story (which was the beginning of part II) Sasuke wouldn't have been able to fend off Naruto and the "plot" would have been cut short. Sasuke needs at least MS so he could access Amateratsu, Susanoo, and the like before taking on Sage Mode Naruto. Without it he would have been drug back to the village and probably arrested for defecting and training under an S Class Criminal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 0jordinio0

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
sorry.... because thatll totally change the whole point of Naruto.

Naruto is the guy who would never change and persevere through everything. You give him Sage mode and the techs that come along with it, it wont be Naruto.

Naruto's signature movesets are rasengan + shadow clones. You add anything with that and youd lose the "incompetent" trait that defines Naruto.

Hes all about hardwork. Giving him the arsenal to be better, Naruto would easily destroy his enemies and thats why kishi would never do that.

Hence "the series would go nowhere without Sasuke" approach. Then again, kishi also sucks at writing.

SenseiSama

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya was teaching him how to control large amounts of chakra during those two years, and probably also training his stamina so that he can control even larger amounts. He knew that as soon as Naruto mastered his chakra control his power would increase at a rapid rate

Darth AniCetuS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Your thoughts?
I agree, but then Sasuke high on Oro drugs would get his ass handed to him at the start of part 2, so I guess Kishi did that intentionally to make Sasuke look cool, but still a bad choice from Kishi imo.

uhmusddy

Veteran
Kin
38💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya was refining Naruto's skills as an actual shinobi, as well as passing along and maturing his will of fire, as well as practice with kyuubi chakra since the training trip was primarily about akatsuki plotting on jinchuuriki.

NarutoX28

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I could agree with that.

Sage Mode wasn't necessarily overshadowed once Naruto gained access to KCM as both seemed relatively equal each with their own set of advantages. KCM seemed as the superior choice as Naruto was fighting a prolonged war and needed as much chakra as he could just to sustain and allow his clones to fight effectively against multiple high level ninja and Sage Mode also has the disadvantage of not only lack of Chakra compared to Kurama's, but also has a noticeable amount of prep time. Sage Mode was essentially only good for a few powerful jutsu whereas KCM allowed Naruto to fight just as effectively for a longer period of time. Under these circumstances, KCM was a superior choice, but Kishimoto still chose to make Senjutsu useful as it was against Raikage, Obito's Bijuu, and enabled him to use a slightly superior Bijuu Mode.

Nick01

Legendary
Kin
113💸
Kumi
14,923💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With sage mode he negs hebi sasuke...thats my for the sake of sasuke's existence we can consider it plot no justu
Pretty much. The majority of the time Naruto spent with Jiraiya was for learning to control the Nine tails power, which is why he actually earned that power, otherwise he could've learned other OP techs.

baul 24

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually naruto can't learn sage mode that early as naruto's chakra control was not perfect at that time. That is what he is learning in two years time not just bigger rasengan but also gripping his chakra control to use chakra effectively without chakra wastage when using chakra taxing ninjutsu also to learn to counter genjutsu as it need good chakra control and it is one of the necessities to learn sage mode to control and balance chakra along with nature energy and the later being immense chakra reserves that is the reason why sage mode is very difficult to learn and all senjutsu users are in a league of their own as pointed by Shikaku.