sG Taka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see how Kishimoto is developing Shikamaru, just like he did with Gaara, and it just makes me so angry. Not at Shikamaru, because he is a good character with a unique skill-set, but for Neji Hyuuga!

There is so much potential for Neji, that its's not even funny. He played such pivotal roles in Part 1, both to the development of the plot and to its main characters! Neji has a troubled past, as well.

Although he was been critically acclaimed as a genius, being said to be better than all of the rookie 11 during the Chunnin exams and able to surpass his own clan, Neji was deemed a servant, and his father sacrificed himself in order to protect the Byakugan.

You must be registered for see images

So much potential! He's also a dynamic character, showing emotional growth! He showed maturity once he lost to Naruto, won against Kidomaru and his whole attitude change in Part II: he was no longer arrogant and as cold.

Kishimoto, however, completely fodderized him in Shipuuden. Neji should of had his own Akatsuki battle, or at least his team! That fight against a 35% Clone Base Kisame was humiliating!

I hope Kishimoto reedems Neji's worth with this whole "We need taijutsu in order to beat Madara." or somehow through the Kages.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Chatte

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Agree.
Whenever it's about the Hyuugas, I think of Nej and his potential.
Hopefully Kishi will work his way through.

rollin

Elite
Kin
25💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
kishi didn't do it for development for shikamaru
he killed shikaku off cause he was a sensor
and i do agree that neji needs to be in the story more

sG Taka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
kishi didn't do it for development for shikamaru
he killed shikaku off cause he was a sensor
and i do agree that neji needs to be in the story more
It's a whole process. First he loses his sensei, then he needs to fight him as an Edo, now he lost his father. All while getting plenty of screen-time and his own special personal Akatsuki battle with Hidan.

sG Taka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well Kishi does have a strange way for developing characters, right? xd
He does! I never expected Shikamaru to develop so much and now look at him. Neji hasn't even been shown!

Temari was also a nice addition, he sort of developed her pretty well.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I totally agree, I mean neji was so emphasized in part one and was a part of the sasuke retrieval arc, but lost his shine in shippuden... Kishi totally blew neji off...

sG Taka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thought the rant would be longer. . . . . . . Oh well I agree with you about the neji part
I totally agree, I mean neji was so emphasized in part one and was a part of the sasuke retrieval arc, but lost his shine in shippuden... Kishi totally blew neji off...
Too many people with short attention span. I could delve deeper though, trust me...

Yep, totally agreed.

Chatte

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He does! I never expected Shikamaru to develop so much and now look at him. Neji hasn't even been shown!

Temari was also a nice addition, he sort of developed her pretty well.
Well it kinda always works like this Skikamaru - Temari. :D

However, the lack of Neji is kinda worrying me... :|

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly, I never saw the Hyuugas as much more than taijutsu users who can seal chakkra. He doesn't have any kind of exemplary ninjutsu that keeps him on par with the over powered characters. His speed and strength don't really match up. And the compelling part of the Hyuuga story, the conflicting branches, has pretty much been resolved. They kinda ran through their importance in the original series, before Shippuden.

sG Taka

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well it kinda always works like this Skikamaru - Temari. :D

However, the lack of Neji is kinda worrying me... :|
We should do something about it :|

Honestly, I never saw the Hyuugas as much more than taijutsu users who can seal chakkra. He doesn't have any kind of exemplary ninjutsu that keeps him on par with the over powered characters. His speed and strength don't really match up. And the compelling part of the Hyuuga story, the conflicting branches, has pretty much been resolved. They kinda ran through their importance in the original series, before Shippuden.
Yes because Shikamaru has such an OP arsenal..no. He has a genius mind, just like Neji. Shikamaru might be smarter, but they're both geniuses. Neji could have taken on Edo Asuma with his team. Besides, Shikamaru has no clan conflict at all.

Germanicus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We should do something about it :|

Yes because Shikamaru has such an OP arsenal..no. He has a genius mind, just like Neji. Shikamaru might be smarter, but they're both geniuses. Neji could have taken on Edo Asuma with his team. Besides, Shikamaru has no clan conflict at all.
You can't make every character in your story one of vital importance. Besides, Kishi has already in the War Arc asserted the importance of tactical geniuses, not just fighting geniuses. That's a role as to why Shikaku, and through him Shikamaru by relation, have gotten a bit more development. They're both second tier characters when you get down to it.