[Predictions] Nanatsu no Taizai Manga Chapter 185 Discussion and 186 Predictions

Rate This Week's Chapter!

• Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ★★

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ★★★

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ★★★★

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • ★★★★★

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Igneel

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"Pride vs Charity!!"

Nanatsu no Taizai Manga Chapter 185 Discussion and 186 Predictions

Discuss Nanatsu no Taizai Manga 185 here and predict the next chapter, Nanatsu no Taizai Manga 186

BEGIN READING HERE @ CRUNCHYROLL

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jonesy161

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Nanatsu no Taizai Manga Chapter 185 Discussion and 186 Prediction

I know due to plot, Meliodas will be the one to take down Estarossa, but damn do I want Escanor to just become the main character and kill all the Commandments. However, I do hope Escanor kills 1-2 Commandments here before he loses, which sadly, no doubt the author will make him lose once noon goes by... Escanor is so far the only way to OP character I've ever enjoyed reading or watching about.

Tera Path

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter made me dislike Escanor, he's just too OP, it's not even fun to watch anymore.
I hope that he won't fight any other commandments, he's already manhandled every single one that he's come into contact with.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[video=youtube;8HNhe9AEL3o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HNhe9AEL3o[/video]

TEAM Escanor hype is so strong in me. What a monster, so bad-ass. Unbelievable, the devastation is so powerful in him.

Tera Path

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He has a MAJOR drawback.. Fight him after noon and hes done.
Not true, after noon he's still going to be strong enough to make all of the commandments shit their pants, probably just not strong enough to kill Estarossa.
Then again, it depends on how long it's been since noon has passed since he goes from 50k+ (probably at least 60k+ looking at this chapter) to somewhere around 30k, still enough to fight any of the commandments.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, my question here is... what the hell has he been doing after Melodias "left"?! Suddenly, he appears and is able to kill (apparently as I'm still not sure he suceeded) one of the commadments. Why not set up ambushes during this time and kill them one by one or something? Its a bit of a plot "meh" point for me.

Melodias will be the one to kill his younger smaller brother. But the others... The giant will be killed by the giant. The fairy by the fairy and so on. Or at least, thats what most mangakas follow as logic for these separate fights.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not true, after noon he's still going to be strong enough to make all of the commandments shit their pants, probably just not strong enough to kill Estarossa.
Then again, it depends on how long it's been since noon has passed since he goes from 50k+ (probably at least 60k+ looking at this chapter) to somewhere around 30k, still enough to fight any of the commandments.
You don't realize how weak he becomes when there's no sun. He's currently at his strongest, noon -peak of the sun, so if they some odd way get the better of him now then he losses terribly. And then if there's some way to block the sun, he may weaken as well. Escanor is very extreme, either op or weak. Also remember that all of the sins where picked to beat the commandments, so this shouldn't be going so in favor of the commandments. And then apparently that was escanor strongest attack at his peak, so things aren't really going good if he can't kill with that.

OT: Good chapter, I hope that commandment dies or they retreat because if escanor falls then it's over.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You don't realize how weak he becomes when there's no sun. He's currently at his strongest, noon -peak of the sun, so if they some odd way get the better of him now then he losses terribly. And then if there's some way to block the sun, he may weaken as well. Escanor is very extreme, either op or weak. Also remember that all of the sins where picked to beat the commandments, so this shouldn't be going so in favor of the commandments. And then apparently that was escanor strongest attack at his peak, so things aren't really going good if he can't kill with that.

OT: Good chapter, I hope that commandment dies or they retreat because if escanor falls then it's over.
Good analisis. Yes. Escanor has about 30 or so more minutes of peak power. After that, its down hill once again until, during the night, he becomes the weakling we know him to be.

They were picked and we can now see more or less why if you look at the abilities shown so far by both sides as well as how their sins combine agaisnt their commandments.

Tera Path

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Extremely powerful or weak, as you said, though there's absolutely no way that the author is going to let them kill Escanor off at a power level of 15 and I'm pretty sure that as long as it's day time he's more than a match for any of the commandments, whether it's 6:30 or noon. And I know that the Sins were literally picked to beat the commandments but to be honest, Escanor can wipe the floor with each and every single one of them. I just hope the author finds some way to weaken him or possibly get rid of him down the line, he's already done more than enough.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, my question here is... what the hell has he been doing after Melodias "left"?! Suddenly, he appears and is able to kill (apparently as I'm still not sure he suceeded) one of the commadments. Why not set up ambushes during this time and kill them one by one or something? Its a bit of a plot "meh" point for me.

Melodias will be the one to kill his younger smaller brother. But the others... The giant will be killed by the giant. The fairy by the fairy and so on. Or at least, that is what most mangakas follow as logic for these separate fights.
That's true. I don't think even Ban and the others knew where he was because when he landed Howzer didn't even know who he was. Also another question to ask his how did the commandments not sense his power levels every time it became noon?

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually love Escanor's personality - and not just because the flips are fun; I actually tend to like arrogant, prideful characters, and Escanor in this state is pride. He is just so chill.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Extremely powerful or weak, as you said, though there's absolutely no way that the author is going to let them kill Escanor off at a power level of 15 and I'm pretty sure that as long as it's day time he's more than a match for any of the commandments, whether it's 6:30 or noon. And I know that the Sins were literally picked to beat the commandments but to be honest, Escanor can wipe the floor with each and every single one of them. I just hope the author finds some way to weaken him or possibly get rid of him down the line, he's already done more than enough.
His power fluctuates with the sun, so there is a difference between noon and 6:30, a very large difference. Furthermore the sins may beat a commandment one vs one, but the commandments outnumber them. So they need to be winning one vs one, in order for this to not be a one sided massacre. On top of that, escanor has been the only one to actually prove a fight against the commandments bar melodias, who did not want to fight multiple commandments at the same time. Captain's fight before showed him keeping both commandments away from each other to keep it in his favor. It also seems like both melidoas and escanor are fighting at full power to end the battle early yet that's not working enough. They need more power to be honest, and escanor should not be killed. On top of the power difference between the sins and commandments, the commandments have their curses or whatnot which are game changers.

Edit:

Good analisis. Yes. Escanor has about 30 or so more minutes of peak power. After that, its down hill once again until, during the night, he becomes the weakling we know him to be.

They were picked and we can now see more or less why if you look at the abilities shown so far by both sides as well as how their sins combine agaisnt their commandments.
I figure certain sins can ignore the commandments curses or whatnot but I don't know how that will work if multiple commandments fight, and I believe they usually travel in groups. Then there's the issue of Gowther and melidious father.

Last edited:

Jonesy161

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This chapter made me dislike Escanor, he's just too OP, it's not even fun to watch anymore.
I hope that he won't fight any other commandments, he's already manhandled every single one that he's come into contact with.
Pretty certain the author is setting up just how much of a challenge Meliodas is going to have with Estarossa. Shoenen law basically dictates that Estarossa will somehow survive this outcome as Meliodas is the one that has to kill him. As such, the author may be showing us just what sheer power Escanor has, and even that may not be enough to defeat the Commandments entirely, especially once they figure out Escanor's power peaks at noon, then drops.

Furthermore, we learned that there is another tribe that faced the Demon Tribe and their powers were greater, but they were fewer in number. Elizabeth is a possible member of this tribe, the Goddess Tribe. It could be that Escanor too is a member of a god like tribe, born into a human body, which makes the Commandments question his existence as a human as they have never faced a simple human with such powers. Being a being that derives his power off the sun and gets immeasurably powerful, that could very well be the case, and Meliodas may have known for a while. As we learned, these gods were unbelievably powerful, so we may be catching a glimpse of their power in Escanor. Also, we haven't seen all the Commandments abilities, one commandment just may have the perfect ability to counter Escanor's pride, rendering him vulnerable, no matter what time of day it is. Take Monspiet for example. Dude looks like he belongs in upper class, like some sort of noble with the way he carries himself. However, he does everything Derrierie tells him to, a vulgar and selfish Commandment, which could mean Monspiet lacks pride in himself due to his powers that may have a counter for pride itself.

Last edited:

Tera Path

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
His power fluctuates with the sun, so there is a difference between noon and 6:30, a very large difference. Furthermore the sins may beat a commandment one vs one, but the commandments outnumber them. So they need to be winning one vs one, in order for this to not be a one sided massacre. On top of that, escanor has been the only one to actually prove a fight against the commandments bar melodias, who did not want to fight multiple commandments at the same time. Captain's fight before showed him keeping both commandments away from each other to keep it in his favor. It also seems like both melidoas and escanor are fighting at full power to end the battle early yet that's not working enough. They need more power to be honest, and escanor should not be killed. On top of the power difference between the sins and commandments, the commandments have their curses or whatnot which are game changers.
The difference between 6:30 and noon certainly would be huge, but if a "pseudo-transformation" put Escanor at a little bit below 30k, I'm sure that he's still strong at that time. And right now there's 7 commandments left since Estarossa has been burned to ashes, probably, at least it says so. Escanor and Meliodas honestly don't need more power, the rest of the Sins do, maybe except for Gowther and possibly Ban.
Anyways, my point is Escanor has done way more to the current commandments than anyone else has done, I really don't want to see him doing much more. Why not let Zaratras handle a commandment or something, I'd personally much prefer to see that.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The difference between 6:30 and noon certainly would be huge, but if a "pseudo-transformation" put Escanor at a little bit below 30k, I'm sure that he's still strong at that time. And right now there's 7 commandments left since Estarossa has been burned to ashes, probably, at least it says so. Escanor and Meliodas honestly don't need more power, the rest of the Sins do, maybe except for Gowther and possibly Ban.
Anyways, my point is Escanor has done way more to the current commandments than anyone else has done, I really don't want to see him doing much more. Why not let Zaratras handle a commandment or something, I'd personally much prefer to see that.
I do believe this partial transformation is his full power launched in one attack. I could be wrong and we'll see if estarosa is alive next chapter. Sorry I meant the other sins need a power upgrade, because they seem to be lacking somewhat. Gowther I believe is a commandment so he's probably stronger as well. I do agree that other people need some screen time to display their skills/power.

Reactions: Tera Path
Status
Not open for further replies.