Nagato was the child of prophecy

Tec

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Although I am not a fan of the whole "The one / the child of prophecy" in any story as it always sucks. I would be a lot happier if this is confirmed in the manga it self. But look at it this way. The prophecy said some thing along the lines of Jiraiya training a student who will one day make a decision that will either destroy the ninja world, or consume it in darkness.

Nagato made the choice to trust in Naruto and allow him to live, if he had made the decision to capture Naruto, he would have delivered him to Tobi / Obito. Then Killer Bee would not have been able to elude capture for long by him self. OR They would still have used the tentacle that Sasuke captured. Meaning the 10 Tails would be in a far more powerful state that it is in now, Naruto wouldn't be in the war meaning bad times for all.

If there are people who say that Naruto beat Nagato hands down, well remember that Naruto had to find the real Pein / Nagato. then have a look at this link (if the link fails it's chapter 444)

Nagato states that at this close range he could easily control Naruto with his chakra. Nagato was strong, Konan was there. They WOULD win against Naruto. But the choice made by Nagato was for Naruto to live and find an answer for peace, to rebuild what he had destroyed, to make right what Nagato had done wrong.

From this I believe that Nagato was the actual Child of Prophecy, not Naruto. At least I'd rather believe that :p

Thoughts?

VongolaX

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was able to control naruto from that distance? No
You must be registered for see images

But there was more then one child of prophecies

Last edited:

Transcendence

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Technically they were both. There aspirations both drove their wanting for Peace. Difference is Nagato was manipulated when the Akatsuki turned into a bunch of S-Ranked Nin instead of what Yahiko initially wanted it to be; A drive towards peace. Naruto never let anything compromise him.

Anorien16

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By Similar logic: Minato too may be the child of Prophesy ..... as he was Jirya's Student and if he kept his virginity we wont have Naruto.......

Flawž

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nagato was the child of prophesy only because he had the rinnegan but it turns out that madara gave him the rinnegan. So Naruto is the child of prophesy