Son Wukong

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've watched plenty horror movies, but here are some of the terrifying movies which genuinely scared me.

1) Sinister
The jump scares+ creepy background musics will keep you on the edge of your seat. Ethan's hawking acting is another plus point of the movie. Furthermore, the viewers get to witness gory death tapes which are extremely disturbing.

2) Grave Encounters
The greatest found footage style movie period. The movie gradually builds up suspense and has mind boggling jump scares. The best thing about the movie is that its an original concept ie. cliche free.

3) The Conjuring
One of the greatest horror movies ever. Patrick Willson's and Vera Farmiga's acting will keep your eyes glued. The film tries to scare the viewers utilizing legit horror elements. The best thing about the movie is that its based on a true story which makes it relatable and disturbing.

4) Paranormal Activity
ofc how could I forget the movie which is still regarded as the best found footage horror movie by many people? It's one of the movies which feel realistic and brilliant.

5) Insidious 2
Tremendously entertaining and interesting, I totally liked like "Astral world" concept which I often think during sleep. It's an excellent horror piece to swivel into the spiral of its previous film.

Feel free to share your top 5 list, folks!

Last edited:

FoxesInWonderland

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll go with scariest movies I've ever watched.

1. The Excorcist (1973) shouldn't even have to say anything about this one lol

2. The Conjuring (2013) one of the best scary movies in my opinion

3. The Strangers (2008) pretty scary cuz it could actually happen

4. The Grudge (2004) creeped me out when I was a kid

I know I've seen some scarier movies than the grudge but I can't really think of any right now

Son Wukong

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'll go with scariest movies I've ever watched.

1. The Excorcist (1973) shouldn't even have to say anything about this one lol

2. The Conjuring (2013) one of the best scary movies in my opinion

3. The Strangers (2008) pretty scary cuz it could actually happen

4. The Grudge (2004) creeped me out when I was a kid

I know I've seen some scarier movies than the grudge but I can't really think of any right now
Nice list but I think Exorcist started boring and progressed slow. When the girl was possessed, that's when the shit got real.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alien and The Shining are not on here.

Hm. If you're more into 'jumpscare' based modern horror then more power to ya but horrors a big genre man!

1. Alien (Original) The Xenomorph is an actual night terror & the tension / atmosphere is unlike anything in film. Film plays on rape imagery.

2. It Follows. Again, proof that horror and sexuality are very easily linked.

3. Red Lights (Jumpscares, but well-crafted film underneath so I don't mind the cheapness)

4. The Shining

5. The Babadook.

Other: Cabin in the Woods / Evil Dead / Unfriended

Last edited:

Yatori

Immortal
Kin
134💸
Kumi
1,280💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
1. Coming soon - a ghost movie at cinema and i watching it at cinema. Lol the scary things is i imagine what if suddenly the ghost comes out like in the movie :sweat:

2. Nang Nak - sad yet scary

3. The shutter

4. 4bia / 4bia 2 - they have 4 stories in one movie

5. Insidious 1/2/3 - part 1 is the scariest

Side Movies - Ju On(i things this is more scary than the grudge), Paranormal activity(i watch all part from 1-4 in cinema :horus: i think 4 is the scariest). I got long list but i gonna stop here and i always go with thailand movies as i think they are most scary.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've watched plenty horror movies, but here are some of the terrifying movies which genuinely scared me.

1) Sinister
The jump scares+ creepy background musics will keep you on the edge of your seat. Ethan's hawking acting is another plus point of the movie. Furthermore, the viewers get to witness gory death tapes which are extremely disturbing.

2) Grave Encounters
The greatest found footage style movie period. The movie gradually builds up suspense and has mind boggling jump scares. The best thing about the movie is that its an original concept ie. cliche free.

3) The Conjuring
One of the greatest horror movies ever. Patrick Willson's and Vera Farmiga's acting will keep your eyes glued. The film tries to scare the viewers utilizing legit horror elements. The best thing about the movie is that its based on a true story which makes it relatable and disturbing.

4) Paranormal Activity
ofc how could I forget the movie which is still regarded as the best found footage horror movie by many people? It's one of the movies which feel realistic and brilliant.

5) Insidious 2
Tremendously entertaining and interesting, I totally liked like "Astral world" concept which I often think during sleep. It's an excellent horror piece to swivel into the spiral of its previous film.

Feel free to share your top 5 list, folks!
I knew I should have skipped this thread, there's always someone mentioning Paranormal Activity. I know it all depends mostly on when you see a movie that determines how scary it is to you which is why IT and Child's Play 2 were the most terrifying things I had seen for a long time(bit of a drawback of seeing them before 1st grade) but PA is such a pet peeve of mine. I was 10 or so when Blair Witch came out and maybe it's because I was young and gullible enough to be burned by it that PA hit such a sore note, but when that movie came out(with the same concept) it was destroyed when it was revealed it wasn't real "found footage" flash forward to 2007 PA is loved for doing the exact same thing, that annoyed me and took away a lot of the viewing experience pleasure.

Idk how scary these are to everyone or if we're listing our favorite horror movies but;
1. Tusk - A seriously ****ed up psychological movie that makes Human Centipede seem tame
2. Drag me to Hell was a good movie
3. IT as I mentioned before has a lasting effect for me
4. Child's Play 1-2 then they start dropping off
5. Misery was a pretty good movie and a bit more scary since it's completely possible.

Tbh though I haven't really been interested in a horror movie lately as a lot seem to lack a good psychological head **** to them and are more gore/action flicks(which can be fine when done well) I've heard good things about the Conjuring though.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alien just works on a number of levels, it's been dampened a tiny bit by pop culture and so everybody knows what the Alien looks like and what it does but it really is just an intense, scary film with iconography of gross sexual stuff, the alien itself imprenates and invades rather than just striking and killing you like other movie monsters. It is basically a walking embodiment of repressed anxieties and fears that aren't explored enough- namely invasion of space and rape.

It's a slow burn and a very slow start but if you pay attention and get invested in the early slow stuff, it can be one of the greatest films of all time. First time I went about it all wrong though.

Reactions: Ghost in the Shell

FoxesInWonderland

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice list but I think Exorcist started boring and progressed slow. When the girl was possessed, that's when the shit got real.
Lol forreal!! Movies like that one are the ones that had me scared to shower/sleep/not sleep/be in the dark ect.. When I was a kid. Haven't found a movie to really scare me like that now that I'm an adult.

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't watch horror to be scared, I like watching people fight for survival.

1. Nightmare on Elm Street(1980's)
2. The Grudge
3. Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1970's)
4. The Devils Rejects
5. Halloween(all)

On the bench: 28 Days Later, The Strangers, The Ring, The Omen, Alien, Cabin in the Woods, Friday the 13th