Must Read: Toriko~

the Hashashin

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There's a manga that I'm surprised (and at the same time, relived) isn't more popular on this forum and many others in general.

It's name is Toriko and focuses on a Bishokuya (Gourmet Hunter) of the same name that is trying to amass food items for his world class Menu. The plot sounds a little ... iffy, but it is really unique and just a fresh breath of air. It involves many interesting characters that also have the same goal in mind as him (they want different foods on theirs) as well as an elite class of villains that are super exciting.

The manga bears a lot of similarities to Hunter X Hunter and One Piece (no doubt, all three authors are really good friends). Some things they have in common are; unique art, two different types or worlds (OP = New World, Toriko = Gourmet World, HxH = Dark Continent), and characters that make readers care.

It's on chapter 236 and hasn't run into any plot holes or ass pulls like ... erm, Naruto. There's even a crossover between other series.

Some more stuff that might intrigue you is the action is awesome, the manga has a good idea of where it wants to go and doesn't stall, or lag on. It offers a variety of different characters that are really cool and mysterious like one of the villains Tommyrod (an individual who contains different insects and parasites that he can send out to fight).

Something that might interest females is an actual powerful and not over-sexualized female character (granted she comes later.)

The art and story are really good and I hope that everyone will try and read it, past the first four chapters at least!!!

Reactions: Nous

Nous

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it really? I've heard people discuss it and how good it is. I've seen people online say that it has the potential to replace Naruto/Bleach in the Holy Shounen Trinity along with Attack on Titan. Sure has a lot of hype but the plot sounds a little odd but unique to say the least. I will get down to reading it when I have the time. Thank-you for this.

UchihaBrat

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm.. While I wouldn't say it's quite up to Naruto/Bleach or OP standards, it's great still, though I'm not quite one to say this as I stopped reading at the soy sauce part, but am planning on picking it up again!
I agree, it's worth reading, and I'm actually quite hyped about those weird human/bird(?) creatures!

MartinRico

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I started reading it a couple years ago, because i heard alot about. I thought it was popular, but i guess not. It's a good read, but i don't consider it on the big threes level, but i seriously recommend it.