Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Here comes my second (baby) drawing made on a tablet. Tried a bit darker texture than the last time and went for that camp night feel to it, hence the huge moonlight.

You must be registered for see images

Watcha think?

Reactions: Bimbonium

Urda

Supreme
Kin
2,210💸
Kumi
7,699💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That big white spot is what makes this art mesmerizing. If you painted more of a sun hidden behind a cloud than a moon, I think it would have work best. If you would have to change the view and the viewers looking towards a row of mountains while standing on on top of a mountain top, the scenery would be breathe taking.

Everything else, the mountains lack depth and the trees were too hidden. The way the moon was close you could have the dim stars and brought the artwork to life.

Reactions: Marin

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looks good, you're definitely getting better. Anubis hit the nail on the head tho. So I'd say if it's supposed to be mountains, discard the trees, since with the trees it looks like a giant is looking over the mountain in a compressed world.

Reactions: Marin

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That big white spot is what makes this art mesmerizing. If you painted more of a sun hidden behind a cloud than a moon, I think it would have work best. If you would have to change the view and the viewers looking towards a row of mountains while standing on on top of a mountain top, the scenery would be breathe taking.

Everything else, the mountains lack depth and the trees were too hidden. The way the moon was close you could have the dim stars and brought the artwork to life.
Aye, good advice mate! Will remember.

Looks good, you're definitely getting better. Anubis hit the nail on the head tho. So I'd say if it's supposed to be mountains, discard the trees, since with the trees it looks like a giant is looking over the mountain in a compressed world.
Or maybe it's just me standing from another peak. :p

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
put your focus solely on learning values and color. contrasts between light and darker colors and how they blend and how the light effects them. with the moon right behind it as a light source those mountains should show more of that effect on them and would make a huge difference, the edges facing away from the light. i can see exactly what it needs

but yeah, study that to reach the next level

Marin

Veteran
Kin
306💸
Kumi
2,001💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
put your focus solely on learning values and color. contrasts between light and darker colors and how they blend and how the light effects them. with the moon right behind it as a light source those mountains should show more of that effect on them and would make a huge difference, the edges facing away from the light. i can see exactly what it needs

but yeah, study that to reach the next level
Lightning is my Achilles heel. >_<

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lightning is my Achilles heel. >_<
its probably the most important aspect of art because light plays such a huge part in our vision and perception. you just have to change the way you see and look at things. life has tons of examples to help your eyes to look a certain way

say if you have a completely dark room, pitch black. you couldnt start seeing the shapes, forms and colors without some sort of light. the amount of light added to the dark room brings out the color from the dark. this is one technique that helped me, take a completely dark room with objects you are use to seeing and play with the lighting. pay close attention to where the light source is coming from and how that angle brings out the tone