Xicer

Elite
Kin
601💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I keep getting redirected to a page that says 'You've won a free app!'. Like, i cant get on NB with my phone because everytime i try to log in, it redirects me.

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont get those but every time I log in on NB via phone, I cant because it logs me out automatically. I have to re-try for about 5 times to get actually in (pause). Not really a problem just saying

Xicer

Elite
Kin
601💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I keep getting redirected to a page that says 'You've won a free app!'. Like, i cant get on NB with my phone because everytime i try to log in, it redirects me.
This is exactly what I'm experiencing, only started a few days ago and it's only on my phone and iPad.
Thats exactly when mine started.. On my iPhone.. Apple got beef with NB? Lol

Sex

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was facing the same problems so I installed an ad blocker. I know NB needs the money but they should make smarter ad choices. If they are so desperate for money that they have to add such shitty, intrusive ads, then just add an ad placeholder right below the forum menu (User CP, New Posts, Private Messages, etc). Yeah, the forum will lose its appeal but sacrifices must be made if you want to continue bringing in the money.

If you're on iPhone/iPad you should get a content blocker such as , , or .

If you're on Android then find your own method.

For PC users just search for AdBlock for Chrome or AdBlock Plus for FireFox.

Michael92

Legendary
Kin
13,586💸
Kumi
74,831💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually experience this too on my phone but it only ever happens whenever I'm browsing as a "guest" so to speak and are not signed into my profile, same thing happens on my computer at times too (though on more rare occasions I might add, perhaps once in a 100 times), and I have ad block and AVG virus programs for both my pc and my phone. I always looked at it as standard advertisements because most forum and such seems to have them to keep them going, and they only ever appear when I'm not logged on to the site which makes it seem like you get "ad-free" NB browsing only if you are a member and is signed into the forum. So yeah, try signing in although you might have already done that?

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A really good advice here:

PM Zise to report obtrusive or malicious ads. If it's not redirecting you to another webpage, redirecting to an app store or generally making it difficult to use the forum then just close and ignore it.
I tried browsing the forums both logged in and as a guest for a bit and nothing happened to me on my phone. The adverts that NB uses are banners visible in the sides of the site or down below. As a guest you might see these between posts as well. I don't know of any sort of redirect pub. And it never happened to me on NB and I don't think its supposed to happen.

Most likely its something installed on your phone without your knowledge. Happens a lot in Android and iOS phones with the default web security settings. I dunno the details but you should be able to quick search the web for solutions on how to protect your phone from such things.

Status
Not open for further replies.