[Discussion] Mito Uzumaki

Kin
1,731💸
Kumi
678💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm just writing this out of boredom.

None of us know how strong she was, but we do know these things about her.

1. She was the 1st Jinchuraki to contain Kurama according to Kushina who stated thar she was a powerful shinobi, but we just don't know, but likely weaker than Hashirama and Madara as well as Kaguya, but this is just me speculating in all honesty

2. She's an Uzumaki and that she was chosen to Kurama in chapter 500 becauae of her high chakra.

3. We know according to Obito that she had the ability to sense negative energy like KCM, so it's very possible that she was a perfect Jinchuraki.

This is just my analysis though.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. I don't remember that, but she excelled at fuinn jutsu.

2. No she wasn't chosen for high chakra, she was chosen because she had the unique jutsu to seal the 9 tails like Kushina.

3. Is interesting she likely used a fuinn jutsu style in between the two, the problem is if she was a PJ she would've ended any war. And that defeats the purpose of her housing it and never using it.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They came on my post and have bashed me on multiple occasions, so if they were the 1s being disrespectful to me.
You still need to relax a bit. Report them if you feel they are breaking rules but, then move on.

Why are you being so intrusive on a dead site? Cutting off the little comments this place even gets. Lol.
Just keep the discussion on point and leave out the extra personal jab you serve on the side and I maynot have to. Besides some of posts were removed because of links to other sites. If you can find the chapter at mangaplus by shueishia use that or just name the chapter page and screenshot.

Kin
1,731💸
Kumi
678💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You still need to relax a bit. Report them if you feel they are breaking rules but, then move on.

Just keep the discussion on point and leave out the extra personal jab you serve on the side and I maynot have to. Besides some of posts were removed because of links to other sites. If you can find the chapter at mangaplus by shueishia use that or just name the chapter page and screenshot.
Ok

00Rinne

Veteran
Kin
351💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know why folks hate on the Uzumaki because they can house Bijuu.. She had to be pretty tough to handle Kurama (According to him the strongest bijuu) an live to be a ole lady to pass him on to another.

Byakugou bijuu mode!.. She had to be damn good at the shinobi life.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. She was the 1st Jinchuraki to contain Kurama according to Kushina who stated thar she was a powerful shinobi, but we just don't know, but likely weaker than Hashirama and Madara as well as Kaguya, but this is just me speculating in all honesty
We have no information on her strength, she was likely not a powerful combatant. If she was she would likely have been a kunochi or taken up another profession in the Shinobi system. She didn't as far as we know and was only famed for her sealing techniques.

2. She's an Uzumaki and that she was chosen to Kurama in chapter 500 becauae of her high chakra.
False. She was chosen because of two main reasons. The naturally strong life-force of the Uzumaki clan and their unique sealing techniques that allowed her to even seal Kurama within herself, making her the perfect fit.

3. We know according to Obito that she had the ability to sense negative energy like KCM, so it's very possible that she was a perfect Jinchuraki.
This is also something the Jogan is capable of doing to a degree, and it isn't something Killer Bee is able to do as far as we know. Hence its not a unique trait to a perfect Jin. Nor is a unique trait to those that are the Jin of Kurama either. She might just have been good at reading people for all we know.

Kin
1,731💸
Kumi
678💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We have no information on her strength, she was likely not a powerful combatant. If she was she would likely have been a kunochi or taken up another profession in the Shinobi system. She didn't as far as we know and was only famed for her sealing techniques.

False. She was chosen because of two main reasons. The naturally strong life-force of the Uzumaki clan and their unique sealing techniques that allowed her to even seal Kurama within herself, making her the perfect fit.

This is also something the Jogan is capable of doing to a degree, and it isn't something Killer Bee is able to do as far as we know. Hence its not a unique trait to a perfect Jin. Nor is a unique trait to those that are the Jin of Kurama either. She might just have been good at reading people for all we know.
1. We don't know how strong she was, but according to Kushina in chapter 500 she was a powerful shinibi and Obito that when Naruto gained KCM he had the same sensory awareness.
2. Kushina states that her and Mito were chosen to contain Kurama because of their high chakra

You must be registered to see images

3. The Joguan is capable of such a feat, but Killer Bee doesn't have that sensory awareness. If he did he wouldn't have needed KCM Naruto to find the WZ and Obito said that they KCM Naruto have the same ability to sense negative energy in chapter 545

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I do think you are misinterpreting a lot of things, but I'll try again.

We don't know how strong she was, but according to Kushina in chapter 500 she was a powerful shinibi and Obito that when Naruto gained KCM he had the same sensory awareness.
I can't find anything in the official ViZ translation that supports Kushina saying that Mito was a particularly powerful Kunochi. In-fact she doesn't say much about Mito other than the fact that they were both Uzumaki.

Kushina states that her and Mito were chosen to contain Kurama because of their high chakra
No, she does not. Kushina states that she herself was chosen because her un-usually potent/powerful chakra, not the amount she possessed. We already knew that Kushina's chakra was immensely potent as we know that she restrains Kurama in a dying state all by herself. She does however never state anything in regards to Mito's chakra, only that Mito possessed Uzumaki clan Sealing Techniques which were used to seal Kurama.

The Joguan is capable of such a feat, but Killer Bee doesn't have that sensory awareness. If he did he wouldn't have needed KCM Naruto to find the WZ and Obito said that they KCM Naruto have the same ability to sense negative energy in chapter 545
The Jogan was capable of such feats, and Killer Bee, another Perfect Jin was not. This is two instances that disapprove the notion that being able to sense emotion is a trait of unique to perfect Jin's or Kurama's Jins. In chapter 545 Obito states the following:

Obito's Quote
If Kisame's intel is correct... Naruto has the same ability as the wife of the First Hokage, Mito, he can sense encroaching danger.​

Encroaching meaning to "advance beyond proper or usual limits" which is an odd translation as we know that Naruto is capable of feeling ill intent. Anyhow, this is Obito stating that Mito possessed an ability like this but he doesn't include any additional information aside from that. As I said earlier, for all we know, Mito was just good a reading people and a situation. That or it might be a unique trait for certain Uzumaki clan members like Chakra Chains. It can also be any other reason that we don't know about, such as a technique she had or an item.

Point being, we know that there are other ways of gaining such an ability than being a perfect Jin and we know that there have been perfect Jins without this ability.

Kin
1,731💸
Kumi
678💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I do think you are misinterpreting a lot of things, but I'll try again.

I can't find anything in the official ViZ translation that supports Kushina saying that Mito was a particularly powerful Kunochi. In-fact she doesn't say much about Mito other than the fact that they were both Uzumaki.

No, she does not. Kushina states that she herself was chosen because her un-usually potent/powerful chakra, not the amount she possessed. We already knew that Kushina's chakra was immensely potent as we know that she restrains Kurama in a dying state all by herself. She does however never state anything in regards to Mito's chakra, only that Mito possessed Uzumaki clan Sealing Techniques which were used to seal Kurama.

The Jogan was capable of such feats, and Killer Bee, another Perfect Jin was not. This is two instances that disapprove the notion that being able to sense emotion is a trait of unique to perfect Jin's or Kurama's Jins. In chapter 545 Obito states the following:

Obito's Quote
If Kisame's intel is correct... Naruto has the same ability as the wife of the First Hokage, Mito, he can sense encroaching danger.​

Encroaching meaning to "advance beyond proper or usual limits" which is an odd translation as we know that Naruto is capable of feeling ill intent. Anyhow, this is Obito stating that Mito possessed an ability like this but he doesn't include any additional information aside from that. As I said earlier, for all we know, Mito was just good a reading people and a situation. That or it might be a unique trait for certain Uzumaki clan members like Chakra Chains. It can also be any other reason that we don't know about, such as a technique she had or an item.

Point being, we know that there are other ways of gaining such an ability than being a perfect Jin and we know that there have been perfect Jins without this ability.

I re-read and Kushina stated that she was chosen to contain Kurama because of her chakra, but if Mito knew sealing techniques that should give some indication of how powerful she was. Keep in mind that there was some indication on how powerful he was. Don't get the wrong I'm not saying that she was as powerful as Hashirama or Madara, but the fact that she was able to seal Kurama after Hashirama subed him shows some indication her body was strong enough to contain Kurama and multiple shinobi wiped out the Uzumaki Clan because of fear of their sealings.

The fact that Mito knew them does indicate that she was a powerful shinobi, but we just don't know how powerful. The Joguan has such a feat, but keep in mind that Naruto both have different Bijuu with different abilities and the only atk they share is the Bijuu Bomb.

Kisame also saw KCM Naruto's abilities firsthand and keep in mind Obito worked with Madara as well, so he would have knowledge of Mito's abilities, but it's true that we don't know how Mito got the ability. She could've token some of Kurama chakra to seal it, but we do know that she can sense negative energy. Yes, there are other ways to gain that ability as well, but if anyone would know how Mito's abilities would works it'd be Obito because as I said he worked with Madara and we can assume he was given intel from the BZ as well.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I re-read and Kushina stated that she was chosen to contain Kurama because of her chakra,
She specifically states that its because of her potent chakra, not amount she had and there is no mention of Mito. Making this a mute point in regards to Mito Uzumaki.

The fact that Mito knew them does indicate that she was a powerful shinobi.
No, it means she was a knowledgeable Uzumaki with the ability to use chakra. Sealing Techniques generally don't require a great deal of chakra, nor do they require immense power of other kind to be effective. Seals are more dependent on the way they are build. The prime example of this is Flying Thunder God which is a seal technique that uses almost no chakra to create and use, but it still highly effective because of how its built. Certainly there are sealing techniques that can be enforced with chakra, but they don't depend on it. Obito alone was able to erect a sealing barrier that was strong enough to stop two Bijuu by itself.

That doesn't mean Obito is instantly in possession of more chakra and power than the two Bijuu, it means that the sealing technique was built in such a manner that brute force cannot overcome it directly.

Kin
1,731💸
Kumi
678💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She specifically states that its because of her potent chakra, not amount she had and there is no mention of Mito. Making this a mute point in regards to Mito Uzumaki.

No, it means she was a knowledgeable Uzumaki with the ability to use chakra. Sealing Techniques generally don't require a great deal of chakra, nor do they require immense power of other kind to be effective. Seals are more dependent on the way they are build. The prime example of this is Flying Thunder God which is a seal technique that uses almost no chakra to create and use, but it still highly effective because of how its built. Certainly there are sealing techniques that can be enforced with chakra, but they don't depend on it. Obito alone was able to erect a sealing barrier that was strong enough to stop two Bijuu by itself.

That doesn't mean Obito is instantly in possession of more chakra and power than the two Bijuu, it means that the sealing technique was built in such a manner that brute force cannot overcome it directly.

Kushina's chakra is very as well as all Uzumakis. That's 1 of the reasons why Nagato was able along with his Uzumaki DNA, which contained Senju DNA as well, while Obito could only contain 1 even though he had Hashriama's cells, which Obito even admitted himself

It's true that not all sealings require high chakra and you're right about the Obito situation. However, the Uzumaki Clan were wiped out by mutliple nations, which indicates that their sealings were very powerful and containing Kurama is not the easiest thing in the world either considering he was the most powerfull out of the nine bijuu. If it was then anyone should be able to do and Kushina wouldn't have been needed at all and that would further indicate that Mito was a powerful shinobi otherwise what would the point of using them at all.

Hashirama was the 1 who captured Kurama, but once again if Mito weren't powerful then why bother to use them Kurama at all, especially considering Kurama was the strongest out of the nine bijuu, which indicates that Mito was also a strong shinobi as well.

I would like to debate more, but I'll have to stop here because I have things to do and it was nice debating with you.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kushina's chakra is very as well as all Uzumakis. That's 1 of the reasons why Nagato was able along with his Uzumaki DNA, which contained Senju DNA as well, while Obito could only contain 1 even though he had Hashriama's cells, which Obito even admitted himself
Uzumaki, in any case as long as they are purebloods don't contain Senju DNA. They are distant relatives to the Senju, then again so is the Uchiha. We know as a fact that Nagato wasn't the only Uzumaki that remained at the time where Madara selected his inheritor of his Rinnegan. Hence we don't know the specific reasons he was chosen over the others, it might just have been because he was easiest to get to.

Obito's statement is odd as he explains it as "losing himself" not that the power would kill him. This would more likely refer to him simply not being able control the Rinnegan of someone else where as Nagato is capable of doing so. Likely because Obito isn't used to controlling someone else's chakra and that Nagato also possessed the Uzumaki's trademark of potent chakra. When Sasuke is about to die he tells Naruto to give his Rinnegan to Kakashi to undo the Genjutsu, implying that Kakashi would be able to handle the full power of a Rinnegan.

If that is the case then its odd that Obito wouldn't. Obito only having one and being unable to use both is probably more or writing gimmick than an actual logical reason. It symbolizes Obito's split nature visually and that is generally how Kishimoto writes as in lore it doesn't make much sense. Another thing to remember is that we don't know how Madara gave his Rinnegan to Nagato, we don't know if he did something special with it in order to make certain that Nagato could handle it. Obito was able to easily control the Gedo Statue, where as Nagato was not so lucky.

That implies that even Nagato was "losing himself" at times when he used the power, where as Obito was not.

It's true that not all sealings require high chakra and you're right about the Obito situation. However, the Uzumaki Clan were wiped out by mutliple nations, which indicates that their sealings were very powerful and containing Kurama is not the easiest thing in the world either considering he was the most powerfull out of the nine bijuu. If it was then anyone should be able to do and Kushina wouldn't have been needed at all and that would further indicate that Mito was a powerful shinobi otherwise what would the point of using them at all.
"Not all", no, not a single Sealing Technique we know off is taxing on the body but they are dependent on the individuals control and power to a degree as seen with the 4 Sound Ninja when Orochimaru attacked Konoha or Juubito's barrier. However those techniques are dependent on chakra as they create a wall of it. A Sealing Technique like the one used to seal Kurama doesn't take a lot of chakra nor power, it only takes one to know how to make it. We even see it being done in the manga by Minato. A Minato who had just fought, used Reaper Death Seal and was dying was still able to effortlessly seal the other half within Naruto.

The reason the Uzumaki was wiped out was (likely not) because of their battle prowess, but the dangers seals such as the Reaper Death Seal possessed to the world. These are combat focused sealing techniques that don't cost a great deal of chakra, but are extremely dangerous. They had a great understanding of the world and chakra, along with how it ties together, thus being able to formulate extremely potent seals. That however doesn't mean that they were a warrior people even if they had a few seals that could be used in combat.

We also see through Minato and seals don't required a lot of chakra. Seals that allow you teleport? Cost effective. Seals that allow you to teleport a Bijuu-Dama? Barely break a sweat. The drawback to Ninjutsu is the chakra they consume and seals required to cast them. The drawback with Sealing Techniques? The amount it takes to use them and in some cases the secondary cost of using them. Sealing Techniques usually have to be set up beforehand.

Hashirama was the 1 who captured Kurama, but once again if Mito weren't powerful then why bother to use them Kurama at all, especially considering Kurama was the strongest out of the nine bijuu, which indicates that Mito was also a strong shinobi as well.
Sealing Techniques don't require a great deal of power as stated above. It requires knowledge and setup, such as ripping the GOD OF DEATH in two. It didn't require any meaningful amount of chakra or difficult setup. It just required a human sacrifice and the knowledge on how to do it. This however is a "reverse" Sealing Technique, as it undoes it. Mito being able to Seal Kurama doesn't make her powerful, it makes her knowledgeable.

Kin
1,731💸
Kumi
678💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Uzumaki, in any case as long as they are purebloods don't contain Senju DNA. They are distant relatives to the Senju, then again so is the Uchiha. We know as a fact that Nagato wasn't the only Uzumaki that remained at the time where Madara selected his inheritor of his Rinnegan. Hence we don't know the specific reasons he was chosen over the others, it might just have been because he was easiest to get to.

Obito's statement is odd as he explains it as "losing himself" not that the power would kill him. This would more likely refer to him simply not being able control the Rinnegan of someone else where as Nagato is capable of doing so. Likely because Obito isn't used to controlling someone else's chakra and that Nagato also possessed the Uzumaki's trademark of potent chakra. When Sasuke is about to die he tells Naruto to give his Rinnegan to Kakashi to undo the Genjutsu, implying that Kakashi would be able to handle the full power of a Rinnegan.

If that is the case then its odd that Obito wouldn't. Obito only having one and being unable to use both is probably more or writing gimmick than an actual logical reason. It symbolizes Obito's split nature visually and that is generally how Kishimoto writes as in lore it doesn't make much sense. Another thing to remember is that we don't know how Madara gave his Rinnegan to Nagato, we don't know if he did something special with it in order to make certain that Nagato could handle it. Obito was able to easily control the Gedo Statue, where as Nagato was not so lucky.

That implies that even Nagato was "losing himself" at times when he used the power, where as Obito was not.

"Not all", no, not a single Sealing Technique we know off is taxing on the body but they are dependent on the individuals control and power to a degree as seen with the 4 Sound Ninja when Orochimaru attacked Konoha or Juubito's barrier. However those techniques are dependent on chakra as they create a wall of it. A Sealing Technique like the one used to seal Kurama doesn't take a lot of chakra nor power, it only takes one to know how to make it. We even see it being done in the manga by Minato. A Minato who had just fought, used Reaper Death Seal and was dying was still able to effortlessly seal the other half within Naruto.

The reason the Uzumaki was wiped out was (likely not) because of their battle prowess, but the dangers seals such as the Reaper Death Seal possessed to the world. These are combat focused sealing techniques that don't cost a great deal of chakra, but are extremely dangerous. They had a great understanding of the world and chakra, along with how it ties together, thus being able to formulate extremely potent seals. That however doesn't mean that they were a warrior people even if they had a few seals that could be used in combat.

We also see through Minato and seals don't required a lot of chakra. Seals that allow you teleport? Cost effective. Seals that allow you to teleport a Bijuu-Dama? Barely break a sweat. The drawback to Ninjutsu is the chakra they consume and seals required to cast them. The drawback with Sealing Techniques? The amount it takes to use them and in some cases the secondary cost of using them. Sealing Techniques usually have to be set up beforehand.

Sealing Techniques don't require a great deal of power as stated above. It requires knowledge and setup, such as ripping the GOD OF DEATH in two. It didn't require any meaningful amount of chakra or difficult setup. It just required a human sacrifice and the knowledge on how to do it. This however is a "reverse" Sealing Technique, as it undoes it. Mito being able to Seal Kurama doesn't make her powerful, it makes her knowledgeable.

It was stated that Nagato had Senju DNA by the Zetsu, which was 1 of the reasons why he was chosen in the 1st place

Not all the sealings took the a lot of chakra, but once again if the sealings were then why use them at all against Kurama and I'm aware of the sealing that Minato used and I'm aware that Kushina wanted Kurama inside of her and not Naruto as well, but even you said not all sealings are the same. It wasn't just 1 sealing. It was multiple. Kushina made this clear in chapter 500 and you underestimate the fact that Monato was a very skilled shinobi as well.

If the sealings weren't capable of combat then wiping the Uzumaki Clan would've been pointless because that'd indicate that they were no threat to anyone. In fact a lot of sealings that Kohana uses are Uzumaki sealings as well.

Kushina clearly mentions that they were indeed used for combat as well

Now I'm done

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Pretty much skipped a bunch of this comment thread because it was getting repetitive.

Basically I agree with what Lukeception has said for the most part before I started losing interest.

Things to take away from the lore:

1. Uzumaki's Kaguya Otsutsuki's lineage give them a big "life force" which could be different from chakra.

2. Senju =/= Uzumaki in terms of bloodline. As far as we're concerned, the Uzumaki is a Hamura branch family (Yang, body) and the Hyuga is the main family (Yin, mind). So Senjus and Uzumakis would be similar in feats as they are the Yang branch of the clan (Hagoromo = Yin, Hamura = Yang).
    This would mean that Hashirama can be the jinjuriki if he wanted to.
    Although, there could be a law in which no Kage can be a jin (till Gaara and Naruto)

3. Uzumakis arsenal consists of the fuinjutsu. Theirs is different than the other sealing jutsus (could be because its a bloodline tech as we know chakra chain/cloak/weapon is a Yang Otsutsuki clan trait because we see Toneri, Kinshiki and Naruto/Minato use them)

4. I do agree that there are some seal techs that can be used by just about anyone. For example, Minato and his FTG.
With that in mind, Mito is just another Uzumaki that was just chosen.
Much like Gaara, Killler Bee, Mito and Kushina and the rest of the jins, there's real no reason for the appointment of jin.
It's really more like "is their body strong enough to hold the jin?"

As for the negative energy, we already know that the Uzumaki is a Kaguya Yang bloodline, that could be the reason as to why they can perceive negative energy.

Being the kyuubi jin does not mean powerful because Naruto was able to become a jin as a baby (granted, Kurama was split in half with Minato)

Nagato proves this as he received the Rinnegan and was able to use them but he wasn't a particularly powerful shinobi until the eyes. He was a kid. So it really comes to just being an Uzumaki trait.

Karin can be a kyuubi jin or rinnegan carrier. This also means that Naruto doesn't really need Kurama in terms of chakra as his is just a big well.

The Senju (at least in the principle of Sage Mode) is completely different as their chakra can come from the outside, much like what happened to Toneri when he absorbed the sun's chakra.

So is Mito powerful? Yes.
Is she powerful than the majority of the Uzumakis? Probably not.

Lukecetion

Kin
754💸
Kumi
1,177💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was stated that Nagato had Senju DNA by the Zetsu, which was 1 of the reasons why he was chosen in the 1st place
Uzumaki are blood related to the Senju clan, albeit distant relatives, but more closely related than the Uchiha are as the generation gap is likely closer. With that in mind, all Uzumaki possess the same genetic build-up as the Senju, do a degree. This is why he was able to use the Gedo Statue, but unable to fully control it because he wasn't a pureblood or close enough to it like Obito was a pureblood Uchiha with pure Senju DNA attached to his body.

Not all the sealings took the a lot of chakra, but once again if the sealings were then why use them at all against Kurama and I'm aware of the sealing that Minato used and I'm aware that Kushina wanted Kurama inside of her and not Naruto as well, but even you said not all sealings are the same. It wasn't just 1 sealing. It was multiple. Kushina made this clear in chapter 500 and you underestimate the fact that Minato was a very skilled shinobi as well.
You seem to think that Sealing Techniques work the same as Ninjutsu does. Ninjutsu works by using your Stamina, or physical power to mold and gather chakra in your body, then it uses hand seals to process that chakra into a nature and shape before releasing the technique. Sealing Techniques don't (usually) require Hand Signs, but requires fine chakra control and a basic understanding of how the seal functions.

This is better shown when Jiraya removes a seal from Naruto during Part 1. He comments that its odd that there is a Odd Number Seal on top of an Even Number Seal, which messes up the formula of the seal. He then quickly releases the Odd Seal in order to fix the problem. A Seal is also what is used to build Paper Bombs. Think of it like writing a code for a program, you want to code to respond to a specific scenario or event with a specific pre-determined action.

This is also shown with the crow that Itachi leaves with Naruto which had the sealing formula described on it to be "When you see Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan, cast Kotomatsukami with the command to protect Konoha on the user of the eye." This ended up being used in a different way than what Itachi had thought off, because the command wasn't specific enough. This technique didn't cost Itachi any meaningful amounts of chakra, nor energy to prepare and cast.

None of the abilities I've mentioned so far takes a great deal of chakra or stamina. What this means is that they don't revolve around the same laws as Ninjutsu, but rather around the concept of "rules and reaction". For a sealing technique to work, one has to be knowledgeable of how it works. Power level, Chakra level and Stamina doesn't factor in much, if at all. Just your knowledge of the sealing techniques. Knowledge can make you powerful, for sure, but it isn't a given fact. There is a reason why Sealing Techniques aren't used in combat outside of specific low risk cases.

Take Flying Thunder God for example. This Sealing Technique is usually placed beforehand for ease of use, but can be placed in the heat of battle. What are the rules of this technique? To dumb it down, the rules are; "When I reach out, pull me to this mark.". This Technique works because its so simple, there is no force pulling in the opposite side and there is little to no room for mistakes along the way, there can only be mistakes before and after its activation. Now take the seal placed on Naruto by Minato to seal Kurama. This has a force pulling in the opposite direction in the form of Kurama himself.

This results in the seal being broken down bit by bit and even leaking from the get-go. This is the result of a lack of parameters setup by Minato beforehand and because he knew this he built in safety measures to protect Naruto later in life. In this case, the "weakness" was that Minato wanted the seal to leak into Naruto's pool, thus allowing Naruto to unlock the seal if he wanted, which again allowed Kurama to exploit that loophole. Kurama however was not allowed to force his way through it, but needed to follow the rules set in place.

If the sealings weren't capable of combat then wiping the Uzumaki Clan would've been pointless because that'd indicate that they were no threat to anyone. In fact a lot of sealings that Kohana uses are Uzumaki sealings as well.
I specifically meant that they weren't very capable in one on one combat. Mito were only able to seal Kurama after he was worn out in a battle against Hashirama, not during the battle or before it. Hiruzen only used Reaper Death Seal as a last resort in combat because of the cost of the technique. Every other use of Seals in combat has been quick seals for supplimentary actions like protection or movement, or they've been placed a long time beforehand.

If the Uzumaki had Sealing Techniques that could summon the Death God himself, then they would be feared. Not because of the battle power of such a technique, but the knowledge of it. Because Kushina doesn't explain exactly what the reason behind their destruction was, then its hard to theorize. Though this is Naruto and a big theme of the story is "understanding each other". So let me offer an explanation that makes far more sense than "they were strong fighters, so nuke em".

The Uzumaki were knowledge in Sealing Arts, including arts to summon the God of Death himself to form a contract with the Reaper. These abilities were useful in battle because of the lengthy setup or the immense cost, much like the Izanagi or Izanami for the Uchiha. These abilitis were only used as a last resort and had great negative after-effects. Thus they were outlawed by the Uzumaki while the practiced other forms of Sealing Techniques to be used outside of combat to restrain, depower and protect people and locations.

Though because of their immense knowledge in these arts and rumors of their power to control life and death, they were feared by the people of the world and as a result were attacked. Because the Uzuamki were closer to monks leaving in peace than combatants they were unable to protect themselves and their nation fell to ruin. They scattered in all direction and lived in hiding as the feared they would be hunted down.

This not only makes more sense, but the notion that "they were so powerful they were wiped out" is just stupid. If the Uzumaki were so powerful, then how did anyone manage to wipe them out? Why didn't they also just wipe out the Senju and Uchiha while they were at it? Likely because they tried and failed and were only successful because the Uzumaki weren't powerful in terms of combat power, but supplimentary power.

Kushina clearly mentions that they were indeed used for combat as well.
Kushina refers to the clan as "Savage" which is an odd translation. It doesn't specifically mean that they were fighters, it can mean that their techniques were as refined or that they didn't abide by the same standards as the rest of the world at the time. It cannot and will never mean that they favored combat, as the original Kanji can just as well refer to a "people without laws and rules", not one that is inherently violent. Because this is so extremely vague, using it as "proof" of anything is extremely fragile.