Misguided appreciation

sunclan

Kin
208💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you not think that in today's internet we're appreciating ideas like rudeness, cutting someone down or straight up being a bitch as something to strive for or as ideals ?

I've seen it too many times, that ideas of sarcasm, pushing someone down is appreciated

And the hate for ""stupid"" people, what's up with that?

Let me tell you if you think that "intelligent" people aren't capable of being just as displeasing you're gravely mistaken.

""stupidity"" comes at all levels of intelligence.

Reactions: Harorudo

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,406💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you not think that in today's internet we're appreciating ideas like rudeness, cutting someone down or straight up being a bitch as something to strive for or as ideals ?
Appreciated? Not exactly. True, harmless wit takes talent and should be appreciated.

But that's often not the case on internet and certainly not in this example you gave. Here , it's a person or a mob, unable to differentiate between the two and perceiving angry criticism and/or meanness as something witty. They may even pose taunts (aggressive remark attempted to provoke action, or reaction) as wit, as well. It's not. Being mean and giving angry criticism is easy anyway.

I've seen it too many times, that ideas of sarcasm, pushing someone down is appreciated
Let's be clear. Sarcasm is essentially a hostile comment disguised as humor. Think of a constantly sarcastic relative, spouse, classmates etc. It's only appreciated occasionally as a replacement of a straight up aggressive fight. It may even reduce the heat if the person is witty enough and lacks actual maliciousness or anger. But if it's continuous behaviour, and mean, it's bound to ruin relationships.

A big or constant attack of sarcasm directed at someone stops being funny. Even if the recipient laughs it off, he will categorize you as a jerk and it's detrimental to any relationship. Besides actions determine thoughts and emotions and constant use of it shows some inherent issues like insecurity, anger etc. If a person consistently acts sarcastically towards someone or a group, it a subtle form of bullying. Bullies are essentially insecure angry cowards trying to feel superior by putting someone else down.

It's easier to be a bully in a pack or join a big pack to avoid being a target oneself. Don't confuse it with "appreciation". It's a more like a circle jerk thing. People outside of it can see it even if they avoid speaking up.

And the hate for ""stupid"" people, what's up with that?

Let me tell you if you think that "intelligent" people aren't capable of being just as displeasing you're gravely mistaken.

""stupidity"" comes at all levels of intelligence.
I'm not sure what do you mean by "hating the stupid people", but, since you mention it along with "sarcasm", it sounds like someone bullying someone and making excuses for it.

TempleOvBlood

Kin
79💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is nothing innately wrong with bullying, sarcasm, prejudice or ableism. If you don't realize these are all natural phenomena that are both instinctively required for any society if you do not want dysgenics or wimps.