Adachi

Supreme
Kin
-2💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Haha, I don't think we need to do a detailed RP post as I'm sure you came in here knowing what you wanted to be trained in.

To begin with, the Yamanaka clan is all about a battle of will. Maybe even "spirit." The techniques in Yamanaka clan revolve around the mind and consciousness, which makes their techniques rather interesting.

So, real quickly. Let's go over some basics. When using the basic Yamanaka clan technique, Mind Transfer, what weaknesses are you left with and how might you cover up for it? Furthermore, how do you see yourself using Yamanaka techniques during battle, given how unique it is in an RP such as ours?

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think I should really go over in depth about the clan in general, but I'll touch base on it.

The Yamanaka clan are a prominent family in Konoha, known for having a rather close relationship with both the Nara and Akimichi clans. They're often teamed up together to form the Ino-Shika-Cho combination. Like you said, the Yamanaka clan have abilities that are deemed to be more spiritual than others, and as such usually have strong affinities for Yin Release and like-minded skills such as Genjutsu. Because of the nature of their abilities, a lot of Yamanaka clansfolk are more sensitive to their surroundings, and in the canon manga quite a few of them have been noted as skilled Chakra Sensors.

As for techniques, the most basic one noted is the Mind Transfer technique. This allows you to take on your target's body as if it were your own. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Like the name, the technique behind it lets you transfer your mind, or conciousness into that of your target. You can then control the target's body in any way, shape or form that you may want to. This jutsu in particular isn't intended for battle, but more for intelligence gathering or covert operations. However that doesn't mean you can't use it in the midst of a fight.

The main weakness of the Mind Transfer technique is that it leaves the body unconcious, or in a lifeless state after use. This is usually rectified with the fact that your target shouldn't be able to use their body, so unless you're in the middle of a fight with more than one opponent, you should be considered pretty safe, I would think. Covering up for this weakness shouldn't be too hard; using a jutsu which limits your opponents options, such as raising/lowering the ground, or having some aid such as a Shadow Clone or friendly summon would be the best bet for protecting you in this state.

Another big weakness of this technique in particular which for some reason isn't present in the child techniques later on (maybe this is a testament of one's skill) is the fact that you can only use this ability in a straight line, and isn't considered to travel very fast. Usually this means you have to somehow immobilize your target beforehand, or put them in a position where they might not be able to dodge the technique so easily. Closing the distance would likely be the most ideal, but others can be simple ensaring through the use of Genjutsu, or paralysis through the use of a Lightning Release technique.

(this is gonna go on forever xD)

I'd say the last real big weakness to this technique, which is more or less a problem in joint fights is that any damage dealt to the body you're in after using this technique is reflected back onto the original body. I'm not quite sure to what extent this is, but it can be pretty bad if they're somehow capable of dealing damage to themselves while having zero control over their body. Counteracting that would be hard, though at the same time I'm not sure how it would happen in a 1v1 battle either...

My main question regarding that point would be what extent of the damage is reflected onto the main body? For example, if I possessed someone's body and cut a finger off, would my body also lose that same finger?

Using this in the heat of a battle would not be an easy feat to achieve, just because there's so many precautions that have to be taken beforehand. Where is your body, will it be in any imminent danger after this jutsu has been used, and so on. I believe the best way to use this technique in general would be to bind them using some sort of jutsu (Genjutsu works particularly well here, as there's no direct damage to the body in question). After that, using timed explosive tags or some other attack that can be delayed would most likely be the best way to follow up on an attack, which would give you time to release the technique prematurely and also deal damage to the target.

I should note that this technique is seemingly invisible to the naked eye. While it does use chakra to use and as such, ocular jutsu like the Sharingan would be able to see you casting your conciousness onto someone else, other people would struggle to see this happening at all which also makes it a very nice technique against people who wouldn't have knowledge of the Yamanaka clan's abilities (which mind you is probably everyone in the RP xD).

One last question and this will end, I promise. What's your opinion on this technique being used through physical structures, like walls, trees etc.