NarutoX28

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All right, the reason I'm making this thread is because the mechanics of it has been rather confusing to a lot of people, mostly in regards to Minato's warping ability when he's linked to other people's chakra.

What I'm mainly asking is, is Minato able to warp to a person if their clone is marked?

For example, let's say Minato is fighting Itachi. Itachi then uses a clone. Minato manages to tag the clone. Since Minato's sealing pattern was applied to the clone's body, that means that Minato's Chakra is linked to the Clone's chakra which is linked to Itachi's Chakra.

Is Minato able to warp to Itachi's body if it's unmarked through his link with the clone, or does he have to mark Itachi's body in order to do it?

My Position:

Personally, I think it's the latter. The marking indicates the location of where Minato can warp. Because the original's body is not marked, he simply can't warp to him. Instead, his connection with the clone enables Minato to mark any location he wants and warp the original's body to either of those locations because Minato's linked to Itachi's chakra through his clone.

I think that also is further supported here:

Where Obito's explanation states that Hiraishin enables Minato to instantly travel to one marking to the next and I do believe that's further supported when Minato incorporated his own sealing pattern onto Kushina's seal instead of directly applying his own chakra to her seal instead. Because of this, Minato's link between Itachi only determines his ability to warp him whereas the marking determines the location that Minato can warp Itachi to.

But anyways, what do you guys think?

KidGamer65

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is how I think it works.

-Markings don't provide chakra connections at all. They only act as places where Minato can jump. He can't warp a marked target unless he's already making contact with it somehow. So if Itachi was marked Minato would still need to connect with him to warp him.

-As you said, Minato can't warp to places where his chakra is touching. He can only warp to markings, and that goes for anyone or anything he's trying to warp.

So possibly if he touches a clone he might be able to warp to the original since they are all connected together, but with a marking alone? Nah.

SonicBoom

Banned
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
lol the reach is real. :lol

get back in your genjutsu fanboy

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

MadaraUchiha449

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He is only able to warp to the sign.
If he tagged itachi's clone then he can only warp to the clone, if the clone got destroyed the mark would be destroyed aswell.
But if he could thats like saying that if the clone was destroyed then the mark would appear on the original which would be ridiculous.

Pyro NB

Amegakure
Elite
Kin
1,590💸
Kumi
10,937💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By tagging the clone, he can only warp to that clone but by coming into contact with the clones chakra which is also the originals charka he can warp both the clone and the original to any other markings if I am understanding this correctly.

NarutoX28

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
By tagging the clone, he can only warp to that clone but by coming into contact with the clones chakra which is also the originals charka he can warp both the clone and the original to any other markings if I am understanding this correctly.
Yes, that's exactly what I think.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
To be fair, Naruto's shadow clones were connected by chakra when he had them on standby gathering Senjutsu chakra.

If the clones weren't connected, the Senjutsu chakra wouldn't have been sent to Naruto's body after being dispersed.