Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS
On behalf of the Naruto RP Staff, I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to those who don’t celebrate! We hope you spend it with your loved ones and enjoy the day however you can! In the spirit of giving, the RP Staff has decided to gift everyone with either 5 free Custom Slots to allocate how they see fit ( excluding Custom Fields, ofc ) OR 4,000 Kumi! In addition to this, Drackos will be hosting a series of trivia questions with Void Artifacts as the prizes! These questions will be spread out to allow those who across different time zones chances to win.

We understand the RP has not always met the expectations and demands of all of it’s members and that decisions made by staff are not always agreed upon by the community and that things have not been done as quickly as they should be in the last few months. These are things I wish to change and focus on in the upcoming year as well as a new layer of transparency and openness in regards to moderation and hope that relations between staff and the community can be bettered and more direct. In an effort to show that, I plan to at least once a month post a Mod Checklist thread of tasks and things being planned or worked on, if possible. This way, things that are being worked on will be updated while finished ones will be checked off publicly. I will make periodic updates regarding what will be changing, why and when it will be changing prior to the changes being done. This will allow potential issues or concerns to be addressed before things are released or patched and all issues are worked out. To start this off, I’ll be making a thread in the next few days in the Updates section though i will mention some of the planned updates and changes for the next year below. Most of this will be copied into the different thread.

For starters, the Prestige System. I created this system some time ago and though it never got off the ground the way I wanted it to, the potential was still there and allowed for new bio builds and set ups without removing the existing game builds, but it left you wanting… more. Next year, I plan on making a few changes to it. First, I will open it up to all members and not just Sages anymore. I always planned for this to happen but I wanted more Sages to test it out first. Sages will likely gain benefits still, but Prestige bios will have a tighter Custom Moveset. What I mean by this is it will still only be your customs but the available amount from your existing customs will be drastically shorter ( I’m thinking 10 of your normal customs can be used for Prestige as well but the rest as Bio exclusive to it now ). The Prestige Prize Pool opens as well to other members but the mechanics behind this will change as well. There is no firm skeleton for this change but it’ll be fewer than the current 15 options and perhaps more character driven to allow them to go beyond just numeric stat changes. It’ll essentially functions as a new type of bio alongside your normal and WSE bios, which was always the intention. The name might change as well.

Secondly, the Cali 7SM swords. These swords have been in the RP for years, and have undergone very few changes, making them become underpowered as the eras went by. Because of this, they fell out of fashion and current holders became lost and maintaining who had which sword became a hassle. In an effort to both better separate the canon 7SM swords and NB’s custom ones as well as give them more power, several changes are being planned for them. I’ll keep this short since these are being released in January but the elemental swords will now feature what I call a Tiered Specialty system where the more specialties that match the elemental sword there are, the greater the benefits and perks so being a Water Master with a Water related sword and specialties would grant you much better boosts than if a Wind user had that sword. The two Chakra based ones will have similar abilities but will be based around Ninjutsu and chakra control.

Bijuu. These have been quite a hassle to update and release. Most of them are under powered due to Kishi focusing on Magic Eyes and the 9 Tails so I have to create abilities to give them. Doing this means creating abilities wide enough to grant like 7 sub abilities from it so it’s useful, such as the Wrathful form of the 4 Tails. Currently the 5 Tails is being similar, with a new mechanic being created for it. This should be done shortly and the 6 Tails, based around bubbles and acid, will be easier before the hell that is 7 Tails. Still, I’m enjoying the making of them and each are coming out better, or rather “cleaner” than the last which makes updating the first ones easier.

Merchants. This was added to the RP after someone posed the question”What if I don’t want to be a ninja and just sell things?” A simple idea, I implemented it soon after and since then, the RP has grown and new mechanics have been added and new item types as well. Since then, Merchants have not however. Even more confusion arises with their submission rules and how they apply. So some updates are in need for them. It’ll largely be a revamp in terms of what their items, named Supplies, can do and what they can provide for those who acquire it. The submission scale will alter, their ranks and who can obtain their items, how many items, etc will receive updates and clarifications as well. I think it will all make the role more favorable but if not, more changes may follow.

Customs. Oh boy, this is the biggest wall of the RP. It seems easy to deal with, just read a technique and decide if you would approve it or why you wouldn’t approve it, so it wouldn’t take much time right? The time spent checking multiple customs per thread, some being difficult to understand while others requiring you to think if you would allow the concept begins to burn one out and it gets harder to check after time. We’ve cycled through many solutions, some better than the last, but as reactive as we may be at times, the community is just as well. When one method of checking is being used, members become savvy and adjust quickly to make the most out of it. Not to blame that community for staff checking slow, though. The current system we use has you divide customs across 3 groups, allowing up to 10 a cycle across multiple threads. The more complicated the field, the more time spent on checking/discussing it and sometimes it leads to a long ass time pending, similar if things are mentioned or based on several customs. In the upcoming year, I feel like we will be able to better rectify this. Perhaps a cleaner system will be needed as simply hiring more mods isn’t productive nor solves the actual problem. I plan to have customs be a part of every mod’s duties and will be their Secondary Goal unless they are considered a Customs Mod (Daemon and Rexii). Every other mod will have Customs be their secondary function to look at alongside their primary areas. Along with this, I’m looking at other possible things that can be done to increase our checking speeds as well. I think making them a higher priority is needed obviously, but I’m still thinking of specifics besides simply saying “check more stuff daily”.

These are updates I plan to do in the next month. Alongside these, there might be tweaks to the canon HAs and a few Bijuu related AN/AEs fields in late January or February but I’ll make mention of that when the time comes. The next year has a lot of interesting things planned - both in the NW and the overall RP. I can’t say when yet, but a tournament may be in the works soon. More new abilities are on the way. The RP is also expanding, in more ways than one. I look forward to the next year of RPing. Until then, have fun!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.