Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not a shipping thread at all, just to get that out of the way lol

I don’t remember if it’s mentioned cause I caught up rather quickly but, has Merlin known this whole time that Escanors ability was one of the goddess clans?

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think she knew about this and it was probably the reason why she recruited him into the Seven Deadly Sins.

I won't be suprised if Merlin was the one who gave Escanor Sunshine.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think she knew about this and it was probably the reason why she recruited him into the Seven Deadly Sins.

I won't be suprised if Merlin was the one who gave Escanor Sunshine.
Hmm I hadn’t actually thought of that for some reason lol that doesn’t seem outside of her scope of abilities considering who she Is. considering Gowthers hand in everything I’m surprised it wasn’t him that gave it to Escanor. I’m still curious why, unless it would
Of just been too obvious if esterossa had sunshine.

The plot thickens as they say....

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm I hadn’t actually thought of that for some reason lol that doesn’t seem outside of her scope of abilities considering who she Is. considering Gowthers hand in everything I’m surprised it wasn’t him that gave it to Escanor. I’m still curious why, unless it would
Of just been too obvious if esterossa had sunshine
Gowther has already revealed the secret of Mael to Merlin.

If you check my thread especially this part: https://animebase.me/threads/merlin-will-win-the-battle.764542/.

Here comes the biggest hint to Merlin's victory, we see that the battle has stopped as Ludoshel, Cusack, Zeldoris and Chandler (Implied) have all been incapacitated because Mael awakened. (Chapter 273, Page 15).

However, Escanor and Merlin are unaffected and can easily achieve their objective now with the demon side incapacitated.
Why is Merlin unaffected by Gowther's spell backlash? The best explanation is that she never fell under Gowther's spell, knew what happened to Mael and was the one who gave Sunshine to Escanor after it was ejected by Mael.

Considering her abilities she can easily do this.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gowther has already revealed the secret of Mael to Merlin.

If you check my thread especially this part: https://animebase.me/threads/merlin-will-win-the-battle.764542/.

Why is Merlin unaffected by Gowther's spell backlash? The best explanation is that she never fell under Gowther's spell, knew what happened to Mael and was the one who gave Sunshine to Escanor after it was ejected by Mael.

Considering her abilities she can easily do this.
Hmm I like this, Merlin always seems to
Be holding cards we don’t ever see.

Question tho. The fights happening before Mael awakens right? So when you say chandler and Cusack are incapacitated from his awakening, what do you mean? I know Merlin knocks them away but that’s all I remember about them from the last issue.

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hmm I like this, Merlin always seems to
Be holding cards we don’t ever see.

Question tho. The fights happening before Mael awakens right? So when you say chandler and Cusack are incapacitated from his awakening, what do you mean? I know Merlin knocks them away but that’s all I remember about them from the last issue.
They get incapacitated because in their memory Mael was a demon, not an angel. They were affected by Gowther's spell. Nakaba gave a spoiler to the current fight when Mael awakened.

InfiniteMugen

KING
Legendary
Kin
110💸
Kumi
200💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They get incapacitated because in their memory Mael was a demon, not an angel. They were affected by Gowther's spell. Nakaba gave a spoiler to the current fight when Mael awakened.
Ok I think I got ya, so your saying maels awakening is Gonna happen like next issue? Or it’s already begun and that’s why chandler and cusack haven’t returned.

Sorry dude not trying to be annoying, just really invested in this one

Rohan

Supreme
Kin
1,027💸
Kumi
1,522💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok I think I got ya, so your saying maels awakening is Gonna happen like next issue? Or it’s already begun and that’s why chandler and cusack haven’t returned
Maels' awakening has already happened. The author has gone back in time in the narrative. The fight been shown is not the present, but the past.

Oresama

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
and was the one who gave Sunshine to Escanor after it was ejected by Mael.
Escanor apparently has had Sunshine since he was born though, it would be weird if Merlin gave a grace to a random human child. Ludociel saying that it would eventually tear a human's body apart makes it even less likely.

I guess it could be possible that Escanor was very frail/sickly as a baby and Merlin gave it to save him or something.

Cursed Prince

Legendary
Kin
58💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Merlin is extremely powerful but I doubt she could control a power as overwheling as Sunshine, even with unlimited magic power. Besides that, she woud've had to just sit on it for an extremely long time. Although the overwhelming power and pride would definitely make it a known power if it had just been passing on and on through different humans. The easiest answer is that Escanor is the only human that was capable of wielding it, and the only one deemed worthy. As they said, it's not a power a human could handle.