5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I - ELYSE
Strand of the Ancients, Tobusekai; one week prior to the Arc's beginning

Solomon squinted over the expanse, feeling the chilled waters of the Hokubu Sea wash over his bare toes in the sand. Nearly two years had passed since that day.

The Chains of Heaven arched through the air, marking a descent toward his pinned prey: the cosmos itself, Abzu. An attack that would not kill, but bind. Restrain the ancient being and return him to the Void, before it could work its primeval Chaotic powers to overwrite reality itself.

The memory still lingered in his mind, as clear as the purified waters that brushed over his feet. Enkidu looked magnificent; like a brilliant shooting star crashing through the heavens. And in that glory he could still see the fall of the heavens, as Abzu ripped Enkidu's spear from his body and turned it toward the moon.

A face contorted in pure agony and rage. The Void Tree had begun to disintegrate around him. But He would not go quietly into the Void, taking away his son's control from him. And just like that, the primal god launched Enkidu from his body toward the moon.

And just like the world below it, the Moon remains a shattered remnant of its past self. Much of its celestial body had fallen toward the earth, leaving behind a broken shell of what it once was hovering in the night sky. Even the gravity the moon exerted on the tides had changed now, with much of the world, especially in the East, no longer experiencing the tide.

"My king, I have returned with a report." It was Goetia who spoke, manifesting behind him in a flash of bright purple light.

"I'm back too!" A second cheerful voice followed shortly behind Goetia's statement.

Solomon turned his attention from the waters of the Hokubu back toward the Strand and his familiars. "Very well, let's hear it." He offered a smile at them both, warm and welcoming. Though behind it was some measure of anxiety.

"Ooh me first, me first!" Solomon's eyes tilted toward his younger familiar; her name was Elyse. Unlike Goetia she was not an amalgamation of any kind, no collective of individual demons or familiars. Elyse was a short girl, appearing no more than 12 or 13 in age, although she had only been created a year prior. She had dark blue hair, small elven ears, heterochromatic eyes, one blue and one red, a small array of freckles, a pointed nose, and a scaled tail that trailed down between her legs. She was clad in ocean blue clothes with a set of leather armor. "This place is special, Sol." She began, her excitement in her voice lowered to give a calmer report. "Of all places I surveyed in Tobusekai, the Strand of the Ancients is the only one where the Beast's influence cannot be identified. Even at the borders its influence and growths come to an immediate end. It is most curious."

Elyse was perhaps Solomon's most curious creation. Unlike Goetia, who had been born of Yin and Yang, Elyse was a combination of Yin-Yang and Anutu. A vessel formed from the power of Yin and Yang and imbued with a genuine soul created from Utu. It was an earnest attempt into gleaming Nergal's means of creating a human soul, albeit Solomon's experiment was a clear failure.

"Yes..." Goetia started, somewhat annoyed that he was made to wait until after his younger counterpart. "Barbatos conducted a sample of the water in the Hokubu. Enkidu's purification remains in effect. There is no sign of Beast contamination like there was ample of in the Kaizoku. Curiously, it seems that Enkidu's terraforming of Theodoros had similar effects in staving off destruction. Although in the case of Theodoros it only held back physical desecration rather than contaminates from the Beast of Rot."

"How curious. And the waters show no signs of contaminates from the Sea of Life either. Something that has remained to this day. Yet none of our findings gleam the why." He paused, furrowing his brow as he scratched his chin. "You two are my eyes now. I've told you this before but my foresight is fractured now, as Anu predicted. He sighed, "Let us pay a visit to our friend Enkidu."

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
II – SPECULATION
Somewhere in the skies above the Dead Sea.

“Visions?” Clouds moved beneath Solomon like tectonic plates, slowly drifting as a gentle breeze pervaded the skies above the Dead Sea. His eyes were not focused on Enkidu, who levitated beside him as they continued their exploration of the far reaches of their shattered world. Instead, they were closely scanning the waters of the oceans, looking for any sign of Imeroth or Abzu beneath the dark waters that might provide a clue or a sign as to their whereabouts. By now, Goetia had reunited with his master and king. Elyse, on the other hand, was continuing her mission elsewhere on the other side of the world; she kept a watchful eye on Millicent and her Adherents of Rot.

Enkidu offered Solomon a troubled look. “Yeah…” He nodded slowly, his mind caught between two thoughts. “It’s the same one, every single time. A rusted kingdom set ablaze. Purple flames scouring the world. But the image is so distorted, so broken that I can hardly see or recall anything. But…” Enkidu paused again. “I see ramparts…tall ivory walls. On top of them I see a man but the image is so warped I cannot make out who he is. A towering and imposing figure who cackles through the desecration of their home.” Enkidu sighed.

Solomon’s eyes narrowed, pausing his search for a moment as he turned toward Enkidu high above the clouds. A vision of a man… Even Goetia pondered the question, concerned at Enkidu’s revelations. Gods do not dream or have nightmares like humans do. Perhaps it is Marduk’s Pantheon attempting to communicate with him. It was a reasonable conclusion. Solomon concurred.

“Visions like this are concerning, no doubt. If it were a human I’d attribute it to just bad dreams but a divinity…that is something else entirely. Goetia raised an interesting idea, that perhaps it is the gods, now conjoined with your essence, giving you these visions. I believe this theory has credence given that the vision is the same repeatedly.” Solomon scratched his chin before stretching his arms behind his head. “It pains me to say it but I wish I could help you Enkidu. Without Anu…without Clairvoyance…” It was a rare moment of frustration. The Mage King stripped of his vision. It had become so problematic that finding signs of Imeroth or Abzu nearly became secondary to finding Anu.

“We’re vulnerable,” Enkidu replied, “Stretched thin on all fronts. What little remains of humanity on the mainland is concentrated in Konoe Sakihisa. And the new gods are no friends of ours. So many mysteries still stand: what happened to Imeroth? Where is Anu? And most importantly…where is Abzu?”

Three key questions that could determine the fate of humankind. Three questions that Solomon, one who could once see the past and future, could not answer. He could only speculate. “It would be inaccurate to state that Abzu escaped or retreated. If I had to hazard a guess, Enkidu, it would be that Abzu has assumed his role as the cosmos itself. Simply put, he is omnipresent. I suspect that the Cosmos themselves will take an active role now, compared with before…”

“If humanity has not resigned themselves to this fate then, then neither can we.” Enkidu fortified his conviction, his voice resolute. Though beneath that hardened veneer was a foreboding fear. There was a storm on the horizon. They best be prepared for when it comes.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
III – PROPHETIC
Dawnport, as seen by Solomon

The sight of Enkidu in Dawnport was hardly a spectacle now. He often took to walking its streets, especially the markets, as a way to clear his head. Two years ago, when the city was just beginning to form from a collection of refugees and monks, many would be awestruck by the sight of Enkidu, the one who had battled Abzu. None harbored anger toward him for the climax of the battle, thankfully. Even though he had partially destroyed the moon, many believed it was a necessary end to a battle that saw the Void Tree destroyed. It left them hopeful for a better tomorrow. But today, the sight of Enkidu was a typical occurrence.

The green haired divinity sighed, passing by a bar where numerous patrons were laughing and enjoying themselves as they on this wonderful Saturday. He sighed, happy for their joy but frustrated with his own inability to take action. He knew the frontlines of the war were in Irkalla now, aiding his sister divinity in a battle against the ever-encroaching Void. Yet he was Kamiyasumi’s greatest defense against their rivals across the sea; for should he leave, they would surely act against them. And so he would remain, vigilant against incursion.

“You there…” It was the voice of an elderly lady, hidden beneath the shade of a small gazebo as she rested on a wooden bench. The voice came about suddenly, likely because of how lost in thought the Divinity had gotten. Enkidu couldn’t place it, but her voice stood out amongst the clamor of the crowd, as if it drew him in. When his eyes met her own he saw something…strange in her. But once again, the divinity couldn’t quite understand what was before him. She was a living human, there was no question to it. But her irises were purple, piercing. She wore a brown traveler’s cloak which concealed rags beneath. Enkidu tilted his head and stopped along his walk; curiosity piqued.

“Can I help you?” He asked, stepping closer. For a moment the sounds of the crowds around him in the busy market streets dimmed as the two stared at each other in silence. Her dark skinned face was wrinkled and dry, as if she had been out in the sun for far too long.

“Such a burden on your shoulders, young one.” Her whisper was louder than the collective voices of everyone around them. “But you must remain watchful.” She stretched her hand out for Enkidu, motioning him to come closer. “Touch my hand.” What could go wrong? He thought to himself, sensing nothing wrong or out of place with her aside from her deeply alluring presence. With care he placed his index and middle fingers in her left leathery palm, resting them there for a moment. But in that singular moment. Suddenly he heard a voice unlike any other, including the woman’s own. It was dark, deep, masculine…and ancient.

Four pillars now destroyed. The foundations they seek will pave the master’s way.

Once again Enkidu can see a man cackling, standing among soot and smoke. His feet rest upon dead bodies with a bloodied sword in hand. But this time the vision has crystallized, clearer yet caught in almost total stasis. There are no ivory towers or gigantic ramparts this time, only fire and blood.

When their mistress beckons, seven shepherds depart. But only one will return with their flock.

The sagely one claims a vacant throne. He has deceived the all-seeing eyes.

In the wake of rot, his blade shall light the way.

He suddenly sees Marzan and Imeroth, both falling into an infinite abyss deep below the ocean.

His voice has been lost in the deep. But he shall only drown in the dream.

Upon the door’s destruction, the vessel shall awaken.

The mage will step into the smith’s dreams. His slumber shared by brother and sister.

A beast that feeds on dreams, his Bronze Twilight born anew.​
Enkidu stepped back, suddenly breathing heavily. His eyes refocused on the woman’s face, “Who…WHO ARE YOU?!” He shouts, only to hear her laughter as she fades into nonexistence, disappearing as if she had never been there to begin with. Onlookers watch as Enkidu shouts at an empty seat, tears forming around his clay eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.