Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's kinda cheating if you play the game turned off... how will you know if you killed him?! O__O'

Anyway, welcome to Med-sch-... Med-jutsu... I'm Shinta and I will hopefully be the only teacher you need for this.

In this training, any jutsu we cover as part of the specific lessons, you will be considered as being able to use as soon as we move onto the next lesson (unless I mention otherwise).

I'll be giving you a lot of info about things in these lessons and I'll either be asking you specific things or just leaving to you to ask questions/seek clarification about things. Ask me anything at any point in this training (and afterwards) about this field and I'll do my best to answer, or at least find you, the answers.

So before we start, are there any questions about Medjutsu? Also, why do you want to learn medjutsu?

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Does Medjutsu allow for any type of self-augmentation? I know Kabuto was all about that for a while. Not sure if it would fall into the kinjutsu side of things.

I think Medjutsu is an interesting skill since there are facets unique to it like creating medicine and healing injuries that are rarely obtainable in other ways. Besides the mystical abilities only possible with chakra, there's actual medical knowledge involved that grounds some of the applications of medjutsu into real life which i like. Not to mention a whole new avenue of rp available, particularly in the nw. The character i use has some past experience with medical ninja and it wouldn't be strange for them to inevitably learn about the field.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think so, and if so yeah... might require Kinjutsu depending on what you plan on doing. Then again, can't hurt to try things in the CJ submission xD

In this training, any jutsu we cover as part of the specific lessons, you will be considered as being able to use as soon as we move onto the next lesson (unless I mention otherwise).

I'll be giving you a lot of info about things in these lessons and I'll either be asking you specific things or just leaving to you to ask questions/seek clarification about things. Ask me anything at any point in this training (and afterwards) about this field and I'll do my best to answer, or at least find you, the answers.

With that being said, you can have this ask any questions about Medjutsu in your next reply, as well as any questions about the class info I'm about to give you!

Iryō-nin (Medical Ninja)

A medical ninja is a ninja who has learned to make use of Ninjutsu and related skills to provide medical treatment to others. It also encompasses those that, using that knowledge, have enhanced their own combat abilities.

In Naruto Manga, fields like Kinjutsu, Fuuinjutsu and Poison techniques are deeply rooted into Medical Knowledge. Orochimaru is a fair example of how Medical Knowledge can be used to achieve greater power but he isn't the only one.

In Narutobase RPG, the medical ninja is capable of healing others and themselves, cure poisonings, enhance their sealing knowledge and skill or even develop their regenerative abilities. Medical Knowledge will also allow you to create your own poison, that can be paired with Poison Release; if you posses that ability or otherwise apply it to your weapons.

Medical Ninjutsu is not unlike regular ninjutsu where you use your chakra to achieve effects that you would not be able to otherwise. Most Medical Ninjutsu techniques, however, are deeply rooted into Yang Release and make perfect use of Physical Energy.

The following is the method to which a med-nin can deduce a patients ailments in order to heal them... or deduce your own ailments and heal them. Essentially allows you to meta-game the injuries after 'scanning' your target/self:

Shindan (Diagnosis)

A Medical Ninja needs to start somewhere and that somewhere is detecting the issue with your patient. Shindan or diagnosis is the first step in treatment; understanding the problem. With this skill you use your hands to carefully probe a patient for problems that you might not be able to see. Contact with the patient will initially be needed but with time becomes optional. Despite this, you'll always need a close proximity between your patient and your hands. This technique is preformed by approaching the patient and slowly running both hands over his or her body, using your chakra to examine the body and looking for signs of injury that may not be visible to the naked eye. It can detect any physical alteration to the body (internal or external wounds, lesions, tumours, fractures, diseases, etc) as well as its composition (glucose levels, iron levels, antibodies, etc ) and vital signs (blood pressure, heart rate, temperature, pain levels, breathing, oxygen saturation, etc).

A student of Medical Jutsu will require several minutes to assess all the details but a medical ninja will be able to do so in mere moments. To help less experienced ninjas or to aid in complex cases, direct contact is often used as well as chakra transmitting mediums such as water, wood, etc.

Mental injuries such as psychosis, depression, bipolar disorder, etc can be determined as well. In this case, however, scanning the patients head is necessary. By scanning the various hormones, chemicals as well the electrical currents that make up the inner working of the brain, the medical ninja can detect any imbalance and to what it might be due. He cannot read minds but he can understand if there is a disease or a Genjutsu present.

Additionally, all medical ninjas can use this skill to sense the patients chakra flow. Its by sensing the chakra flow that most of the times injuries and disease are noticed and diagnosed. Ninjas have their physical being greatly intertwined with their chakra, making so that an injury in one will result in changes to the other.

Finally, after gaining mastery over medical jutsu, a medical ninja becomes even able to examine dead bodies, determining cause and time of death.

Let me just explain how Shindan works a bit better, for everyone.

The idea behind it is that you will send your chakra through another body (your hands are the main focus here and its through its tenketsu that you'll release the chakra) and then will it to return to you with the information you need. That means that it doesn't matter whether you will touch the person or not or the location of your initial scan at all; the chakra will find the root of the problem and the manifestation of it. This is the information you require.

You can use chakra transmitting mediums, such as water, to improve you diagnosis and its effectiveness. The easier it is for your chakra to enter the body of the patient and return, the more information you'll be able to attain. Water has the innate ability to assist us in transmitting our chakra to better diagnose a patient. Some justu utilise water to assist in healing, stemming from RL cultures were healing is seen as a healing element and often associated with healing.

Now, to achieve this you need advanced chakra control and practice. Too much chakra and you risk harming the patient. Too little and you might not get enough information out of it.

What skills, KGs and abilities might help the medical ninja in this procedure?

Any advanced sensory enhancement helps the ninja acquire information in a more detailed manner, faster and without needing so much time. The main examples are:
-Sharingan: the ability to see your chakra flow and is characteristics as well as the ability to gain advanced visual perception in general helps to better identify the issues with the patient.​
-Byakugan: perhaps the most useful of all the abilities that can help a medical ninja, the Byakugan allows you to see inside the body, piercing through the flesh and looking at the core issue in detail. Additionally, because you can see the chakra circulatory system completely and in detail, you can gauge the extent of the damage and if it somehow has anything to do with his chakra flow.​
-Rinnegan: seems to have the same/similar perception to the Byakugan and Sharingan in that it can see chakra and chakra flow, but it doesn't grant you the ability to see the chakra network and tenketsu to the same detail as the Byakugan.​
-Chakra Sensing: As said above, most injuries and diseases affect the chakra flow. By being able to sense disturbances in the chakra flow of your patients you are able to better understand their nature and extents.​
-Enhanced Hearing: This can help you better evaluate biological functions such as breathing, heart function, intestinal function, blood circulation, blood pressure, etc.​
-Emotion Sensing: While we talk about injuries of the flesh, the medical ninja also needs to treat injuries of the mind, often associated with Genjutsu. To better do this, sensing the emotions of your targets might help greatly.​

So here is the open discussion part, voice your comments, questions, concerns or anything else you might want to say about these classes. I'll run pretty much every 'lesson' in this manner, unless I need something specific from you.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm sure they can, as that's the premise as to how the Path's bodies were controlled by Nagato, but you'd more than likely have to achieve that via a custom techinque of sorts.

Teikouryoku (Power of Resistance)

Before one can treat patients, one needs to protect himself. In real life, medical staff use gloves, masks, etc. But for a Medical Ninja in a battlefield, that's not practical. A Medical Ninja must always be aware of becoming a victim of whatever their patient is suffering from so he needs resistance to disease. With this skill you, as a Medical Ninja, increase your natural resistance to most natural diseases and toxins as well as most man made diseases and poisons, allowing you to threat an infected or poisoned patient with a higher safety. It has no effect on diseases or poisons already affecting you though. This skill, as all others, improves as you grow in power and affords greater resistance to a wider range of diseases and poisons and can become something that you don't even need to focus to achieve.

However, there are limits. This skill will essentially provide a boost to your natural resistance to disease, poison, toxins, acids, alkaline substances, etc but will only basically provide a "shield" of sorts around you. This shield can be overcome, like all others, by overpowering it. This essentially means that you cannot use this to defend from enemy offensive techniques in the midst of battle.

If you decide to and gain Poison Mastery, allowing you to make your own Custom Poison and mastery that branch of medical arts, this skill will allow you to become immune to regular none custom poisons and to your own poison.

How is it performed?

Now, to do this, you need to focus on your chakra at its core. This, when you look at the chakra circulatory system, is the central spiral network of chakra paths thats surrounds your chakra source, normally located in your abdomen. When you focus on it, you need to visualise a growing yellow and warm aura, spreading from your core, outwards towards your skin. Its this focus and this will that will make your chakra passively aggressive towards pathogens and most natural toxins and infectious diseases. This chakra is invisible to the naked eye and doesn't go beyond the users skin. However, doujutsu might see the aura growing and expanding from the medical ninjas core.

Its this a technique?

Teikouryoku is not a technique, has no chakra cost or is otherwise performed in any way remotely similar to a Jutsu. It is a passive skill, much like diagnosis, taught in the medschool, that gets stronger with time; the more you work with it, the better it will protect you against contagious diseases and poisons.

Are there different stages to its effectiveness?

Yes.

Medical Student: can maintain this skill active for a few minutes, enough to treat a single patient but needs effort and to will it to happen. Its impossible to keep active at all times.

Medical Ninja: the skill can be active for as long as he wishes and he doesn't need to dedicate any kind of mental command or focus for it to work.

Poison Master: Not only is the skill the same as the one for regular medical ninjas as it can protect the user from his own Custom Poisons and similar techniques (for example, toxic/poisonous/venomous elements) at all times.

This is just an explanation as to how you would be immune to your own poisons and then immune to cannon poison release, which is no longer a medical thing so I don't believe this lesson should be here any longer. Regardless, I'll make this lesson worthwhile by 'teaching' you the following jutsu, which you'll be able to use as soon as I move on to the next lesson.

( Iryo Ninjutsu: Doku Teikouryoku ) - Medical Technique: Poison Resistance
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A
Chakra: ( 40 per turn )
Damage: N/A
Description: The user will raise his resistance enabling him to stop the progression of a poison, toxin or venom he might have been contaminated with after feeling its first effects. This will not cure the poisoning but rather stop its progression so the user can continue to fight, hopefully winning the fight, to then be able to treat the poisoning. This is a skill that only consumes a move when activated, passively draining chakra, focus and stamina from the user as each turn passes.

If you get infected by a poison and, like genjutsu have reasonably deduced you are poisoned/infected, you can stop any further progression of the poison past the current effects you feel. It will cost you a lot of chakra over time, however you'll learn jutsu to remove poison. Fuuinjutsu provides a quicker way to remove poison, while Medjutsu has two cannon methods to remove it.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very Good Question.

Needed to confirm this from mod and from what I have gathered, they don't feel pain which means theit nervous system is inert. They should not be able to be affected by drugs but they probably possess normal functioning human anatomy and brain. They were able to be put in genjutsu. This means they have a functioning brain. I think they can be affected by poison but won't suffer nervous effects from drugs.

You are free to confirm this from other mods and @Lord of Kaos

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So I don't think Cleanse and Extraction are used anymore so well continue with summoning medical tools.

Kuchiyose No Jutsu (Summoning Medical Tools)

A medical ninja, regardless of his skill, will always face situations in which he'll need medical tools to treat patients. Be it to create antidotes or medicine, but to also stitch or bandage wounds, you'll always need to make sure you can access medical tools and supplies to treat patients.

*Hands out a scroll to you*

This technique allows a Medical Ninja to summon some of the tools of their trade. It is not practical to carry around syringes, scalpels and other tools but a scroll that can be used to summon these and other similar objects is both practical and convenient.

So as for any good summoning jutsu, you need your blood and a few kanji which you can all find in your scroll. You are expected to carry it with you at all times. It includes:

( Kuchiyose No Jutsu: Eisei Yougu ) - Summoning Technique: Medical tools
Range: N/A
Chakra cost: 20
Description: The medical shinobi bites his thumb and draws his Medical Kanji on the Medical scroll underneath the symbol of the tool he desires to summon.
Note: This can only be used by Medical Shinobi.:

メス - scalpel, sterilized

ナイフ - knife

アルコール - a bottle of 96% ethanol for disinfection

水 - a bottle of sterilized water

スポイト - syringe, sterile, for one time use only

アドレナリン - adrenaline, to be injected intravasulary, induces faster heartbeat

包帯 - bandage, sterile, 8 meters in length

血液 - a set of everything you need to draw someones blood (Sterile syringe, vacuum system and a test tube.)

温度計 - mercury thermometer, for axillary or rectal use

ベッド - a mobile bed to carry patients

バグ - bug spray, effective against all bugs, lasts for 2 turns (used in cases when your patient is having a reaction to multiple bug stings, and there are still some bugs around it, so you spray-kill them. Kills bugs up to A rank if they've been created/summoned from a jutsu like the Aburame techniques)

テント - a small tent, just enough for two people to lie in

光 - a flashlight

ガスマスク - gas mask with a bottle of oxygen that lasts 5 turns (Not 100% effective against all types of poison/gas. The purpose is to protect the user from breathing in toxic substances, keeping the lungs safe. However, if the poison gets absorbed through the pores of the skin it will still affect you).

流体 - a set to start an intravenous fluid addition line, helpful with dehydration amongst many other conditions

モルタル - mortar and pestle, chemically clean

スプーン - spoon, sterile

パテ - putty knife, metal, sterile

研究所 - a small hut. Into the walls of that house, parts of Nexus' eyes DNA have been inserted, so now it mixes Time And Relative Dimensions In Space , creating an effect of being larger on the inside then it is on the outside. Inside is an advanced laboratory with everything needed to create antidotes and medicines.

Homework:

Pick 3 medical tools and explain how they can be helpful to you as a medical ninja.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Bottle of sterilized water- When treating patients its important that anything going inside them is as clean as possible to prevent the spread of disease or cause infection. That includes using water free of impurities which could be hard to find outside of a town or city. Sterile water might be used to clean wounds or tools or act as a base for creating medicine and solutions. I don't know if water jutsu can serve the same purpose but not every medical ninja can use them.

Mobile bed- People are heavy, and even ninja could have have trouble moving people quickly and safely. It isn't always a good idea to just haul an injured person over your shoulder and run off with them. There's a fair chance all the rapid movement will hurt them and make their injuries worse. At least with a mobile bed, the patient could stay relatively still while being moved and strapped down if they need to be prevented from moving.

Small hut- A room that's larger inside than out is ridiculously useful, especially if you're nowhere near a structure large enough to fit all your equipment. It could be hidden easier in case there are enemies about or if you're somewhere unsuited for large buildings like a mountain or forest. There might be medical equipment too large to carry or difficult to assemble so having them already set up in a lab saves a lot of time that could be spent treating a patient. Also having everything you need in a personal lab is just plain convenient.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Bottle of sterilized water could be a replacement for I Clean all if me and I clean all of you techniques that was removed.

So we are going to skip blood coagulation, temperature control and medicine creation since they were removed from the curriculum but feel free to read them up in the Medical Handbook thread.

Next

Jokyo Dokubutsu (Poison Removal)
Okay so this is a tricky one :p. To begin with, this technique does not cure a poisoning; it simply extracts a portion of the poison and prevents immediate death by delaying the ongoing poisoning. It mainly allows a medical nin enough time to prepare an antidote for the poison and to slow down the effects of a poison used against the medical nin so as to give them time to escape or prepare an antidote for themselves. A patient will still die from a lethal poisoning even if this technique is used if the poison is not treated. Truth be said this technique is less effective against highly advanced poisons that have very fast acting times.

(Iryō Ninjutsu: Doku Ekiso) Medical Technique: Poison Extraction Jutsu
Range: Short
Chakra: 20
Description: An advanced medical jutsu used when the user cannot make enough antidote to cope with a poison. This is used to extract a great deal of the poison from a body, and then the antidote can be administered. The user will need a medium (his own chakra or a chakra receptive medium compatible with the human body, like water) which he will insert into the patients body, using his chakra to gather the poison directly from the tissues, merging it with the medium to then remove and discard. The technique can only remove a limited amount of poison and will not negate any ongoing effects as it cannot remove poison already being metabolized/in effect. Because of this, the medical ninja will still need to administer an antidote and will need to use the technique twice to remove all of the poison from the patient.
Note: can only be used twice, each use delaying the effects of the poison for 2 turns.

The jutsu works in the way that you insert (either your chakra or another highly absorbable, chakra-reactive medium) into the patients body, where it then looks for the poison in various vital organs, and when it finds it, it binds it to it's own energy and draws it out of the body. If using your own chakra (which you will most of the time) then that chakra cannot go back into your body otherwise you'll poison yourself, you have to discard it, if you're using the previously mentioned medium you have to throw it away. The use of specific chakra receptive mediums helps to mitigate/diminish the risk of self poisoning or injury when dealing with unknown poisons and, more importantly, with corrosive ones.

Removing the poison makes it easier to heal. You remove the "inactive" poison that is circulating the patients body and hasn't yet affected any tissue. By removing that you prevent further injuries and damage into the patient. However, the poison which is already affecting the tissues needs to be dealt with with antidote. If you didn't remove the "inactive", unused one, you'd need to supply antidote for a much longer period of time and would risk losing the patient in the inbetween.

~>NEW
( Iryō Suiton: Suika ) - Medical Water Style: Water Mosquito
Type:
Supplementary
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A ( -20 damage as the poison is removed )
Description: After using the Tiger seal, the user creates water mosquitoes, that can be used to nullify poison in a target's body. Designed specifically to suck out poison, the user is unable to use anything else while concentrating on the target. Despite being a healing jutsu, the several mosquitoes cause pain to the body as it heals it.

Note the damage cause by using the mosquitoes. No water source requires though it does require as much concentration/attention as the poison extraction technique. This does however nullify the poisoning much quicker though damage already caused will still have to be treated.

Q&A

First of all, what would constitute a "highly absorbable, chakra-reactive medium"? Would this be some form of medical tool, or other cannon instrument we could use, or would it have to be, for example, a Custom Weapon which absorbs chakra?

The Highly Absorbable chakra-reactive medium can be Water, Wood, etc. It can be anything that reacts with chakra and is compatible with organic medium. Water was what we saw used in the manga by Sakura but you can also simply use your raw chakra. Wood is a possibility as its organic in nature and would be a nice medium for this. In theory, other elements/materials that are compatible with organic living things or that exist inside them can be used.

Is there any particular reason the technique cannot extract all of the poison? And, building on that question, if several med-nin worked together at once, would they be able to extract all of the poison? Or is the fact that we cannot extract it all tied into how poisons affect our bodies?

Poison will cling to the cells and tissues in a way that prevents you from pulling it all out without damaging the patient in one go. You need to take the first portion first, then redo the procedure to remove the remnants that might be left. In essence, you'll only be removing the poison that is "waiting to act" in the body, not the one already acting. Think of it as cleaning spilled oil on a surface. First you pass a cloth that takes the majority of the oil but there is always some left on the surface. You then pass a new cloth once again to clean whatever is left.

Would this work on other toxins aside from poison, such as, for example, venom? Or would this extract solely poison, and leave us unable to extract other deadly toxins?

We will speak about Poison, Toxins and Venoms further on but to answer your question, in terms of our RP, all 3 are cured in the same manner: remove + antidote.

What is considered an advanced poison? Considering that the technique is only B ranked, I'd assume that everything poisonous above B rank is too strong to be extracted, right?

Advanced poisons are all the custom poisons, the specific poisons. Anything not existing in real life/nature/narutoverse nature. Basically, man made poison. Poison form normal Poison Release techniques are not considered advanced. Sasori's poison is considered advanced poison though severely slow acting.

Post automatically merged:

Bottle of sterilized water could be a replacement for I Clean all if me and I clean all of you techniques that was removed.

So we are going to skip blood coagulation, temperature control and medicine creation since they were removed from the curriculum but feel free to read them up in the Medical Handbook thread.

Next

Jokyo Dokubutsu (Poison Removal)
Okay so this is a tricky one :p. To begin with, this technique does not cure a poisoning; it simply extracts a portion of the poison and prevents immediate death by delaying the ongoing poisoning. It mainly allows a medical nin enough time to prepare an antidote for the poison and to slow down the effects of a poison used against the medical nin so as to give them time to escape or prepare an antidote for themselves. A patient will still die from a lethal poisoning even if this technique is used if the poison is not treated. Truth be said this technique is less effective against highly advanced poisons that have very fast acting times.

(Iryō Ninjutsu: Doku Ekiso) Medical Technique: Poison Extraction Jutsu
Chakra: 20
Description: An advanced medical jutsu used when the user cannot make enough antidote to cope with a poison. This is used to extract a great deal of the poison from a body, and then the antidote can be administered. The user will need a medium (his own chakra or a chakra receptive medium compatible with the human body, like water) which he will insert into the patients body, using his chakra to gather the poison directly from the tissues, merging it with the medium to then remove and discard. The technique can only remove a limited amount of poison and will not negate any ongoing effects as it cannot remove poison already being metabolized/in effect. Because of this, the medical ninja will still need to administer an antidote and will need to use the technique twice to remove all of the poison from the patient.
Note: can only be used twice, each use delaying the effects of the poison for 2 turns.

The jutsu works in the way that you insert (either your chakra or another highly absorbable, chakra-reactive medium) into the patients body, where it then looks for the poison in various vital organs, and when it finds it, it binds it to it's own energy and draws it out of the body. If using your own chakra (which you will most of the time) then that chakra cannot go back into your body otherwise you'll poison yourself, you have to discard it, if you're using the previously mentioned medium you have to throw it away. The use of specific chakra receptive mediums helps to mitigate/diminish the risk of self poisoning or injury when dealing with unknown poisons and, more importantly, with corrosive ones.

Removing the poison makes it easier to heal. You remove the "inactive" poison that is circulating the patients body and hasn't yet affected any tissue. By removing that you prevent further injuries and damage into the patient. However, the poison which is already affecting the tissues needs to be dealt with with antidote. If you didn't remove the "inactive", unused one, you'd need to supply antidote for a much longer period of time and would risk losing the patient in the inbetween.

~>NEW
( Iryō Suiton: Suika ) - Medical Water Style: Water Mosquito
Type:
Supplementary
Damage: N/A ( -20 damage as the poison is removed )
Description: After using the Tiger seal, the user creates water mosquitoes, that can be used to nullify poison in a target's body. Designed specifically to suck out poison, the user is unable to use anything else while concentrating on the target. Despite being a healing jutsu, the several mosquitoes cause pain to the body as it heals it.

Note the damage cause by using the mosquitoes. No water source requires though it does require as much concentration/attention as the poison extraction technique. This does however nullify the poisoning much quicker though damage already caused will still have to be treated.

Q&A

First of all, what would constitute a "highly absorbable, chakra-reactive medium"? Would this be some form of medical tool, or other cannon instrument we could use, or would it have to be, for example, a Custom Weapon which absorbs chakra?

The Highly Absorbable chakra-reactive medium can be Water, Wood, etc. It can be anything that reacts with chakra and is compatible with organic medium. Water was what we saw used in the manga by Sakura but you can also simply use your raw chakra. Wood is a possibility as its organic in nature and would be a nice medium for this. In theory, other elements/materials that are compatible with organic living things or that exist inside them can be used.

Is there any particular reason the technique cannot extract all of the poison? And, building on that question, if several med-nin worked together at once, would they be able to extract all of the poison? Or is the fact that we cannot extract it all tied into how poisons affect our bodies?

Poison will cling to the cells and tissues in a way that prevents you from pulling it all out without damaging the patient in one go. You need to take the first portion first, then redo the procedure to remove the remnants that might be left. In essence, you'll only be removing the poison that is "waiting to act" in the body, not the one already acting. Think of it as cleaning spilled oil on a surface. First you pass a cloth that takes the majority of the oil but there is always some left on the surface. You then pass a new cloth once again to clean whatever is left.

Would this work on other toxins aside from poison, such as, for example, venom? Or would this extract solely poison, and leave us unable to extract other deadly toxins?

We will speak about Poison, Toxins and Venoms further on but to answer your question, in terms of our RP, all 3 are cured in the same manner: remove + antidote.

What is considered an advanced poison? Considering that the technique is only B ranked, I'd assume that everything poisonous above B rank is too strong to be extracted, right?

Advanced poisons are all the custom poisons, the specific poisons. Anything not existing in real life/nature/narutoverse nature. Basically, man made poison. Poison form normal Poison Release techniques are not considered advanced. Sasori's poison is considered advanced poison though severely slow acting.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
So in a nutshell, to completely cure someone of poison you can use poison extraction to remove the inactive portion, neutralize the active portion with an antidote, then use extraction again to remove what remains.

After using water mosquitoes does an antidote need to be used after?

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Designed specifically to suck out poison,"

Only sucks out poison. You still need to heal the infected tissues either through antidote or healing jutsus. The mosquitoes even do damage rather than heal damage.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shōsen Jutsu (Mystic Palm)

This technique is established as your core skill for healing injuries and lesions on your patients. It allows you to basically do anything you wish with few limitations when it comes to healing. However, such a versatility comes with a price as otherwise we wouldn't need to learn all the other methods if we could do it all with a simple technique without drawbacks.

(Iryō Ninjutsu: Shōsen Jutsu) Medical Technique: Mystic Palm Technique
Type: Supplementary​
Range: Short​
Chakra: N/A (2X the amount of damage healed)​
Damage: N/A​
Description:​
This medical ninjutsu allows the user to speed up the body's natural healing process by focusing mainly Yang chakra onto their hands, forming an aura of greenish healing chakra which he then sends into a wound or afflicted body part. This allows the user to heal a patient without the need for medical equipment or surgery, making it very useful on the battlefield. It can be used to treat both external and internal injuries. It is vital to match the amount of chakra used to the severity of the affliction or injury. This requires a great amount of chakra control. Because of this, only a few highly skilled medical-nin are able to use this technique. The limitation of the technique is that it cannot regrow missing body parts or deal with poisons or toxins, though it can heal its damage. Additionally, perhaps its more severe drawback is the chakra cost, which, as the technique stands as a jack of all trades in terms of medical ninjutsu, is much higher than any other medical technique. For each damage point the user of the technique wishes to heal he needs to spend twice as much chakra. Basically, for X amount of damage the user needs to spend 2X amount of chakra to repair/heal. The user can also use this technique on himself and it can be used with one hand or two and even in two targets at a time or while using another technique with the other hand. The speed of the healing is fast but not instant, specially in internal injuries.​

Lets start by how it works. This technique basically infuses vitality (or, in other words, Yang Nature chakra) into your patient. This forcefully makes his tissues and body heal up from any lesion. Highly effective against traumatic damage. You can make the cells divide rapidly and fill in missing tissue in small quantities. You can repair bones, minor peripheral nerves, necrosis, etc. Pretty straight forward.

However this technique requires a lot of chakra (for example, to heal the equivalent of an A-Rank technique's damage, you'll need 120 chakra points), concentration/focus and time. Yes, time. Its a very slow technique which means that your patient needs to be somewhat stable to last long enough for you to use it for the time it takes to heal him. It also can't cure poisonings nor mental damage. It can cure the damages left behind by poisons and toxins but it won't remove them or leave them inactive. It can heal up your brains tissue but it won't bring back memories or fix mental damage. It can't also grow missing body parts though, if a remnant of an organ still exists, it can make it regrow.

Its important to know though that, lets say you take 60% of your health damage to your shoulder. It would have the following effects:
60% - An attack causing this amount of damage will limit the users ability to effectively use their arms in combat. For any jutsu using the arms offensively such as Tai/Kenjutsu or even Chidori style Nintaijutsu, that are ranked above B rank will cause 10 damage to the victim and his arm based Taijutsu will deal 15 less damage.​

While you'll receive that initial damage and you still have some health left, the result is not only 60 damage for you to heal. You must be aware of any extra damage sustained after the initial jutsu strike. In this case, 10 damage per use of a taijutsu for that arm.

Basically, when it comes to a medical ninja calculating how much he needs to heal and how much real damage a patient has: You follow the percentage of values and corresponding damage(s) associated with that, as stated in the
  • B-Rank techniques and bellow - damage to be healed is in the same amount that the technique does though 30 damage can be as lethal as 90. For example, if you cut someone carotid artery with a C-Rank wind technique, the damage to repair will be 30 but the wound itself can be fatal.
  • A-Rank techniques and above - the technique does an initial damage that, by the end of 2 turns, has multiplied by 2 for practical medical effects. So, for example, an A-Rank damage, at the end of the 2 turns will have transformed into 120 damage due to pain, blood loss, suffering, etc. The damage continues to multiply, doubling every 2 turns until something is done to stop its progression. That why some injuries that aren't immediately lethal can lead to death. Others, despite doing, imagine, 60 damage, might cause immediate death. The health pool of ninjas in our RP serve only to asses how long they can survive after receiving non-immediate lethal damage. Nothing else and only has a value for medical ninjas, being of no use in battle assessments.

This knowledge is paramount in assessing how much chakra you'll need to spend and makes it essential to stabilise the patient and initiate what we call "primary care" (restoring blood, initiating blood coagulation, giving anaesthetics, etc) which will stabilise and prevent the damage from increasing before you actually begin to use Mystic Palm to heal the damage. It also makes it essential to assist the patient as soon as possible as, the longer time passes, the worse the patient will get and, if his health reaches 0, he's beyond salvation. In the case of the WSE, reaching 0 health is not the end of everything, just means they are knocked out and you can speed up the 5 health per day recovery xD

Also, yes, Mystic Palm can be used on you but, because its unlikely you'll be able to perform correct primary care on yourself, it will take longer.

When its done in a healing thread or, after a battle has ended, before you go into a new battle as your final action, you don't have this time issue but you also don't necessarily have turns. So, how does it work? You'll post a single post with the detailed method through which you heal the patient (or yourself if its applicable) and stating time (ie nothing is healed instantly, without specific jutsu like Sakura/Tsunade's seals).

Probably one of the only Healing Jutsu you'll end up using in the RP. There are a few others, but this one trumps all of them when it comes to healing other people and even yourself. You can consider this the Swiss army knife of Medjutsu. It costs you a large amount of chakra, especially if you tackle major injuries. We've also yet to see exactly how fast healing is in the WSE, but until then you can heal a lot of damage in a single turn... assuming it's not in the midst of battle, cause you won't have time to heal a drastic amount, just enough to keep you from being dead in the next turn.

Ushiro

Legendary
Kin
768💸
Kumi
99💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
A very useful and balanced technique that's basically a shortcut to healing. It won't solve your problems instantly and it can't heal everything, but it certainly saves time in ways realistic methods of treatment can't do.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kin'yō Shippai Soshite Chiryō (Vital Faillure and Treatment)

This would be the equivalent of a Trauma class in a real medical or nursing school. You'd learn all about trauma, injuries, etc and how to deal with patients in those situations. However, this is narutobase RPG and, unlike myself, you don't have medical training. As such, it would be highly confusing, lengthy and overly complex to explain all of this. Instead, we opted for a simplified approach by giving you the knowledge of basic things and how they make the bridge between reality and the RPG.

There are vital functions our bodies need to ensure in order for us to function normally and, well, live. Someone is sick when, due to a plethora of reasons, these functions aren't working as intended. Your job, as a medical ninja, is to assess which ones and fix them. To do so you need at least rudimentary knowledge about the most common vital functions and the most common issues associated with them.

Vital Signs:

These are various parameters that are measured in oder to evaluate how your body is functioning. They are 6

• Heart Rate/Pulse - Measured by putting your finger in either the radial artery or the carotid artery and counting how many "pulses" are felt in a minute OR by evaluating the electrical current in the heart. Since the heart beats based on electrical impulses that trigger the muscle reaction to contract the heart, each impulse is equivalent to a heart beat. With diagnosis it can be measured by detecting both the electrical impulses but also the pulses in the arteries. Measured in beats per minute.

Bradicardia = low heart rate. Normally, anything beneath 40 to 30 bpms is bad. The normal is around 60 to 70.
    Taquicardia = high heart rate. Normally anything above 150 while not doing exercise is bad.
    Arrhythmia = abnormal/irregular heart rate. In a minute, the heart can beat sometimes fast, sometimes slow.
    Assytole = no electrical current in the heart muscle.
    Fibrillation = short circuit in the heart. Normally, what happens is that theres a lot of electrical activity in the heart but its not producing heart beats. The impulses happen and travel into the muscle but don't trigger a muscle response. There is no pulse but you can feel the electrical currents in the heart.​
  • Blood Pressure - Measured by diagnosis. Its the pressure the blood exerts on the blood vessels. It has 2 values: Systolic (max value, when the heart contracts and sends blood flowing) Diastolic (when the heart is released and not exerting pressure). Measured in mmHG. Its influenced by blood volume, diameter of the blood vessels and osmosis balance.

High blood pressure or hypertension = blood pressure is high and can make weak vessels (like in the brain or eyes) rupture, leading to hemorrhagic strokes. Highly associated with stress, anxiety and nervousness. Pain and general distress might have that effect.
    Low blood pressure or hypotension = blood pressure is low and can make it so that blood doesn't heave enough strength to reach all the minor vessels further from the heart. Blood loss leads to hypotension. If the tension is too low, the person will lose conscious.​
  • Temperature - We already talked about this. Measured by a thermometer or diagnosis. Values are either degrees ºC or ºF.
  • Breathing Frequency - How many ventilations are done in a minute and its characteristics. Breathing can be normal (around 20 to 30 cycles per minute), rapid, slow, superficial (when there is barely movement of the lungs and the ventilation as a result becomes shallow) or difficult (when the lungs have trouble ventilating). You can also have other charateristics like coff (normal sympton of irritation of the lungs/throat), secretions (normal sympton of infection in the lungs), etc.
  • Pain - Pain is a vital sign, one that can be measured by diagnosis but is generally measured by the patient himself in a scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the worse pain. If pain is high enough, it can make the person shut down and faint. Different people have different tolerance to pain.
  • Suffering - A vital sign associated with the emotional distress brought upon the body. Its linked mainly to terminal patients and extreme physical pain.
Other aspects to consider as vital are:

• Consciousness - If the person is conscious or not. If he isn't, he might be easily awoken or not. If he isn't, even with painfully stimuli, you call it a coma.
  • Orientation - if the person, while conscious, has normal grasp of time and space (if he or she knows where and when he or she is). If they don't, its normally considered that the person is confused.
  • Body Integrity - basic aspect to look at when you asses a patient and a vital portion of a patients health. It basically means to check if the patients body is complete and without external visible injuries or changes. Wounds, abnormal angulation of bones and limbs, growths or edema (swelling), skin color, having all body parts one had, etc etc.
  • Elimination - this basic means both feces and urine excretion. These need to happen normally in a frequent basis.
These are the main aspects you'll look for in a patient to assess if something is wrong with him in narutobase RPG. This is very very very basic and somewhat dumbdown so you can look up some aspect in the web to use in battles or for creating customs.

Main Problems, Conditions and Diseases in Narutobase RPG:

• Skin and Soft Tissue Trauma - simple to understand. It pertains to bruises, hematomas, cuts, stabs, etc. Basically, any wound on the body, both internal and external. You need to heal the wounds and treat their consequences (blood loss, pain, infection).
  • Blood Loss - Loss of blood and all that comes with it. You'll need to help the body restore the blood, prevent more from escaping or replenish the blood.
  • Infections - bacterial and viral infections, normally after your wounds getting infected. You need to fix the cause and treat the bacteria/virus. Don't forget the fever.
  • Bone Fractures - heal the surrounding tissue and whatever lead to the fracture, treat the pain, set the bone and heal the bone. Normally, it goes toe and toe with wounds and other injuries, internal or external.
  • Poisonings - stabilize the patient, remove the poison, identify it, produce the antidote, administer it.
  • Chakra Flow Disturbances - detect the origin, negate it and restore normal chakra flow.
  • Mental Trauma - if trauma isfrom a technique, release it or end it and if not, just move on to the next step which is to administer medicine to calm the patients mind and keep him sedated until the mind heals itself with time.
  • Severed Limbs & Body Parts - same principle as with normal wounds but with more focus on containing blood loss before attempting to re-attach or heal the injuries.
  • Heart & Breathing Faillure - detect the issue, keep blood flowing with CPR, fix the issue, keep blood flowing with CPR, use Thunder Hands to restart heart.
  • Allergic Reactions - detect the cause, remove it, administer adrenaline, monitor reaction and vital signs.
  • Extreme Fatigue - administer medicine in order to more rapidly restore the patient to normalcy levels of stamina.
Any question you have concerning the article? I believe that should be helpful in understanding the body and would help when making poisons and other medical cjs either offensive or defensive.

Priest

Legendary
Kin
3,010💸
Kumi
41,982💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Karada Tensū Jōran (Important Body Points Disturbance) & Chakra Jōran (Chakra Disturbance)

Any medical ninja knows that one of the key aspects of healing a patient is to ensure his body is in balance. Though, in narutoverse, this goes into close proximity with ones chakra. As such, any disturbance to one, disturbs the other.

Our body has important key points to ensure this balance. These points are associated with important nerves in our body which are, by extension, closely associated with our chakra system. By disrupting nerves you can achieve a multitude of effects, from the practical "numbness" and "paralization" of a given area to loss of conscience to disturbances to your heart rate to loss of conscience.

You must be registered for see images

Only Medical Ninjas receive training in this area in hand to hand combat. Knowing the weak spots in the body as well as what happens when you attack them is essential in both treating ninjas and defending yourself. There are various weak points and we won't list them as most of them are common knowledge (eyes, groin, heart, throat, etc etc) but some, specially those that require anatomical knowledge and pressure point knowledge as well as the effects that trigger from them are your upper hand in a fight. Some are in that image, others, like the occipital ridge or the vagus nerve will require you to do some homework.

There is currently only a few techniques that take use of this knowledge:

The Ranshinsho is a ninjutsu technique where the ninja turns their chakra into an electrical pulse which is transmitted into an enemy's body by striking the base of their neck. The electrical impulse travels up their brain stem and disrupts the flow of electricity in the nervous system. The brain cannot work like this, thus all communication between the brain and body are confused, causing a person to move their arm when they should be moving their leg, and generally debilitating them. Only an unusually skilled ninja would be able to overcome such a handicap.

Finally a combat jutsu, eh? lol. It's important to point out that this isn't Juuken in any aspect. Juuken uses chakra to disrupt chakra lines, Ranshihsho is a lightning based jutsu which makes the nerves go wild; and it can only be used in the way that is described above, variations aren't possible.

(Iryo Ninjutsu: Ranshinshou) Medical Technique: Chaotic Mental Collision
Type:Supplementary
Range:Short
Chakra Cost:30
Damage Points: N/A
Description:
Manipulating the chakra in their hand, the user can create an electric field to disrupt the target's nervous system. Because the brain and body communicate using electrical impulses, the user can use the field to disrupt the target's ability to move. The result is the commands to move one body part being relayed to another, making it near impossible for the opponent to move unless they have high skill and understanding of the body or with time. This effect can be achieved by making contact with the enemy, preferably near or directly on his spine (neck, lower back, etc). Contact with a single limb or body part will affect only its symmetric counterpart. The effects last for 10 turns unless countered but are short live in high level taijutsu users (Jyuken users, EIG users), which have an unparalleled awareness of their body movement, quickly adjusting themselves to their new nervous arrangement and in medical ninjas, who possess a high level of awareness of their own bodily functions, achieving the same effect by pure control and adaptability.

Another use of this knowledge is to achieve local anesthesia or numbness through a simpler application of the same concept:

(Iryō Raikō Ninjutsu: Shinkeikei Konran no Jutsu) Lightning Medical Technique: Skill of Nervous System Confusion
Chakra cost: 20
Description: The user charges electrical chakra into his index finger and hits the opponent. Doing so temporarily neutralizes all feeling to the targeted area for a limited amount of time, essentially anesthetizing it (by overloading and numbing the nerves with the electrical discharge), allowing the medical ninja to perform minor surgery or sutures without the patient having to endure the pain or being able to move his body part. This type of local anesthesia is very effective on the limbs and superficial tissues and, depending on which nerve cluster/pressure point/body area its applied to, can even leave a whole limb anesthetized. In battle, this skill can be used with free form taijutsu to great effect, though, due to the rapid contact, will produce a shorter effect.
Note: Lasts 5 turns for medical uses but only one turn if used offensively

You must be registered for see images

But this knowledge doesn't stop here. As one learns medical ninjutsu, one gains knowledge of the chakra, chakra system and tenketsu throughout the body. While one can't, without the Byakugan, seen these minute details, a medical ninja is knowledgeable enough to, through the use of Diagnosis, know the location of each person's tenketsu as well as his chakra lines when performing said skill. While closing a tenketsu requires jyuuken mastery, opening one requires either that or medical mastery. Through a medical technique, you can re-open closed tenketsu and chakra lines. A medical ninja also becomes able to feel and evaluate the Eight Inner Gates of a patient, if they were opened or not before, if they are healthy or not and if they, if opened, will burst and kill the user or not. They can't, however, manipulate from the outside, these gates to neither forcefully open or close them. They can't, either, heal damaged Inner Gates.

While this knowledge is essential for diagnosing the problems, it can be extremely important when restoring missed body parts, doing surgery or treating the result of various techniques, like the aforementioned Jyuuken but also the result of opening the Eight Inner Gates, etc etc.

Finally, some battle skills and techniques resort to damaging a tarks chakra system either by damaging the chakra pathways or by disturbing ones chakra flow. Genjutsu is a good example of this. Because patients like these exist, Medical Ninjas needed to learn how to treat them and as such developed techniques to help in this task.

There are a few things that can't be done though, like healing the Eight Inner Gates. But there are many more that can. For example, restoring chakra, calming the chakra flow and restoring it to normal, opening up closed tenketsu, rebuilding missing chakra lines and finally, purging mallicious chakra or energy from a patients body.

All of this is done through these techniques that revolve around chakra, chakra pathways and chakra flow:

(Iryo Ninjutsu: Kūgeki no Tenketsu) Medical Technique: Open Tenketsu
Description: The medical ninja, once having diagnosed the patient as having a Tenketsu traumatically closed, will press one of his palms on the vicinity of the Tenketsu affected and use his own chakra to open it. While one can open several Tenketsu with one use, if the patient has more than half of his Tenketsu closed, the technique will need to be used again. The final core tenketsu (#361) cannot be opened if closed.
Note: Can only be used by medical ninjas

(Iryo Ninjutsu: Modosu Heikō) Medical Technique: Restore Balance
Chakra: 40
Description: When facing a patient with a chakra disturbance or an abnormal chakra flow, the medical ninja will place his hand on the patients chest and use his chakra to calm and retore the normal flow of chakra of the patient. This technique can essentially dispel chakra abnormalities and allow for healing techniques to work better. The result is leaving the patients chakra in a calm and healthy flow. Additionally, as a side effect, this technique leaves the patient complete calm and relaxed, without pain or stiffness. It can also be used to dispel Genjutsu the patient might be under the influence of, including Doujutsu Genjutsu and pure Yin Release techniques. The medical ninja, however, cannot use this on himself.
Note: Can only be used by medical ninjas.

(Iryo Fuuinjutsu: Setsuzoku no Chakra) Medical Sealing Technique: Chakra Link
Chakra: 40 (-100 per turn for the user, +100 per turn for the patient)
Description: An otherwise simple technique in concept, it stands as a very complex technique. The medical ninja, when facing a patient with depleted or near depleted chakra, will link his own chakra flow with that of the patient, sharing some of his chakra with the patient. Because not all ninjas have the ability of chakra transfer, medical ninjas developed a sealing technique to allow this. The user will take 2 small paper tags with a seal inscribed containing one the kanji for "Donor" and the other the kanji for "Recipient". He will place the respective tags in their place on the chest (one on him or a donor, and the other on the person that needs the chakra) and do the Horse+Hare+Tiger handseal, triggering the technique. The seal on the paper tag will expand and spread across the targets body. The donor seal and the recipient seal are connected to each other and as such make it possible to link both chakra networks. Immediately, the chakra will start to flow from the one with more chakra to the one with less chakra. Without medical knowledge and mastery, one wouldn't be able to link both chakra networks without hurting both targets but without chakra transfer abilities of their own, a medical ninja needs the seal to mediate the transfer. Once the transfer is under way, it can be cancelled by doing the same handseals in an inverse order or let it take it course as the seal has a safeguard to prevent death. The seal will only serve to, at most, equalize both targets chakra levels, never allowing the donor to drop below the recipient. For example, if the donor has 1002 points of chakra and the recipient has 2 points, the technique will end when both are left with 502 points of chakra. A drawback of the technique is that both participants need to have their chakras calm and undisturbed. If one is under the effect of a genjutsu it will pass to the other and if one has natural energy mixed with his chakra and the other is incapable of dealing with it, he will petrify. A big vantage of the technique is that while one needs the ritual to trigger it, once it starts, both parties no longer need to be near eachother, allowing the medical ninja to treat other patients while donating his chakra or even go to another battlefield to help in another front. Additionally, the seal is refined enough to filter Natural Energy and other harmful energies that might be coursing inside the donors or recipients chakra system, allowing the use to cause no harm to either side due to those factors.
Note: Can only be used by medical ninjas with sealing mastery.

(Iryo Ninjutsu: Saiken no Keiro) Medical Technique: Rebuilding Chakra Pathways
Chakra: 100
Description: A simple technique designed solely to help rebuild and regenerate lost or destroyed chakra pathways. In essence, its a more advanced and highly specific form of Mystical Palm in which the user will focus large amounts of chakra (orange in color) on his palms and, through it, helps rebuild chakra pathways on a patient. This technique, despite being Medical in nature, actually has a very strong Yang component. The user needs to visualize the chakra pathway and will it to regenerate back to its former form. The technique is very hard to use, requires lots of concentration and focus, consumes a lot of chakra and takes a lot of time. To rebuild the chakra pathways in an area like the patients hand, the user will take 3 or 4 turns of continous use. This technique cannot rebuild Eight Inner Gates nor destroyed Tenketsu.
Note: Can only be used by medical ninjas.

(Iryo Fuuinjutsu: Chakra Kiyomeru) Medical Sealing Technique: Chakra Purge
Chakra: 70
Description: A sealing technique designed to purge mallicious or harmful chakra from a patient. The user will place a small paper tag with the kanji "Purge" on the patients chest and do the confrontation handseal with his other hand. The tag will activate, spreading a circular sealing formula on the chest of the patient. The seal will then draw onto itself all the harmful and external chakra that might be present in the users path way. This can work to revert incomplete jinchuriki transformations, curse mark transformations, sage mode, etc. As long as there's an external chakra or energy that isn't the patients native one coursing through him, this seal will draw it in and purge it from the patient. Once the seal does its job, the tag becomes pitch black and crumbles into ash.
Note: can only be used by medical ninjas with sealing mastery.

You can't use the things listed as Iryou Fuuinjutsu as whatever used to be called Medical Fuuinjutsu, is now Advanced Fuuinjutsu. Other than that, its pretty simple and straightforward.