Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey guys, check this:

We all know Oda likes to base his characters in OP on things he likes/real life ppl and events

a good example is Whitebeard/Marshall D Teach and Thatch

all were based on the REAL LIFE ''Edward Teach'' [also known as Edward Thatch] aka the notorious Blackbeard the Pirate:

You must be registered for see images

Funnily enough that epic beard seems to have been added to Teach's character design in OP:

Anyway back to my point, another character who was introduced is also based on a historic figure:

''Maynard the Pursuer''

A vice-admiral who had his ass handed to him by Bartolomeo in the current arc

So whats so special about this fodder vice admiral? who Oda thought fit to name a WHOLE chapter after [Chapter: 705]

Maynard is based on a man called:

Captain Robert Maynard

A man famous for killing a notorious pirate
Edward Thatch
aka Blackbeard

I know, i know, but let me finish before you think I lost my mind.

we all know Oda has a skill in bringing back characters in his story who we over look

And he named a chapter after this Vice Admiral, who was smacked up OFF PANEL

Do you think like the real life Maynard that he has a role to play in the future of Blackbeard?

Maybe after Luffy and the SH beats BB, Maynard comes in and takes the final blow as a marine?

what do you guys think?

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I read up about this before. If he does kill Blackbeard he will have to be helpless and already dying on the floor after a battle with Luffy. At the end of the series Maynard could be at about the same level as the current monster trio. That's where the weak trio are likely to be at the end of the series too.

Black Mamba

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
sorry but this fodder would get his ass wrecked by blackbeard if they ever fought even. i honestly have no idea how he got the vice admiral position, probably gave akainu a "handy" or something.

Uchiha Samater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think some of you have the misconception that i am saying he will take BB on and win

no

rather i am asking you guys, do you believe he has a larger future role in the manga based on two things:

1. His inspiration doing something monumental such as killing Blackbeard
2. The fact he was given a title chapter

If he ever were to defeat BB it would not be defeat in the normal sense, but as i mentioned originally he would finish what Luffy and SH left behind

jiraiya lives

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think some of you have the misconception that i am saying he will take BB on and win

no

rather i am asking you guys, do you believe he has a larger future role in the manga based on two things:

1. His inspiration doing something monumental such as killing Blackbeard
2. The fact he was given a title chapter

If he ever were to defeat BB it would not be defeat in the normal sense, but as i mentioned originally he would finish what Luffy and SH left behind
IF he does defeat BB then they better promote him to an open admiral position (there's gonna be a death of an admiral i'm sure). It'll be a huge stepping stone and momentum builder for the WG is he does somehow land the finishing blow on BB. This may encourage new marine recruits even VA and Admiral level fighters to join. Making the Marines even more powerful for the final battle against SH and who ever they'll be in alliance with.....consider BB's death does in fact happen and happens before all of this haha

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
IF he does defeat BB then they better promote him to an open admiral position (there's gonna be a death of an admiral i'm sure). It'll be a huge stepping stone and momentum builder for the WG is he does somehow land the finishing blow on BB. This may encourage new marine recruits even VA and Admiral level fighters to join. Making the Marines even more powerful for the final battle against SH and who ever they'll be in alliance with.....consider BB's death does in fact happen and happens before all of this haha
You're missing the point. He's saying he would kill Blackbeard AFTER Luffy curbstomps him, breaks every bone in his body etc etc. That's not worthy of promotion, because Maynard won't fight BB from the start.

He probably will be important, but he will need to make more appearances.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To me Bastille i know he isn't super top tier but the way oda protrays him to look strong and badass just standing there not giving a F*** what is going on.

He is also calm which reminds me of Sanji and Zoro like how there not the strongest yet they can keep up with the strongest such as Luffy and not be afraid of anything unlike Maynard he just looks like a loser. U_U

Reactions: Sherlock.

ultraChalk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He's definitely holding something up his sleeve.

And he was described as a 'gladiator' from his appearance on the OP Wiki... maybe he has a special past?