Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Doton: Umou Sono Ga-goiru) - Earth Style: Descent of the Gargoyles
Type: Attack
Range: Mid - Long
Chakra Cost: 40
Damage Points: 80
Description: After performing the Ram → Dragon → Dog hand seals the user will clap his hands. Thereafter a portal will open up in the sky above the user following the same principles of Earth Lid & Mud Fall. Out of the portal there will be three human sized Gargoyles that will glide down towards the desired target using their lightweight earthen wings to keep them airborne. Due to the their weight and the gravity pulling them down, their velocity is equal to that of a thrown projectile. The Gargoyles are flying down in a V formation with an explosive tag already pre-set on each of their backs. Upon using a simple hand seal to active the desired tag the Gargoyles can blow up. If detonated, the explosion will cause the spikes surrounding the Gargoyles' abdominal and chest area to be released outwards towards the target they were already heading to.(There are six spikes all together with each being three feet long and two feet wide.) Each individual Gargoyles is evenly spaced apart so that the detonation of one of their tags doesn't set a chain explosion. The Gargoyles' flight path can be determined once the portal is open. However, once the path is chosen it can't be changed due to the fact that the Gargoyles are gliding down and not flapping their earthen wings to fly.

Note: Can only be used twice per battle
Note: No earth techniques above A-Rank for one turn after the use of this technique
Note: Must be taught by Mathias

So what can you tell me about this technique? Uses, weaknesses, potential combinations etc.

Roy

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, like the technique says it's similair to the earth lid and mud fall techniques by creating a portal in the sky and depending on the situation the way I would use it in various ways; the first one being only useful if the opponent is distracted sufficiently, I'd direct the Gargoyles to dive straight into my opponent, crashing down upon them causing initial blunt damage before they explode and skewer the opponent with their spikes. The second, most simple use would be to make them detonate mid-dive to shower spikes on the target, this however is a rather straightforward way and would be pointless to use it in such a way as that would be just a waste since in the right situation it could be extremely useful. Two weaknesses would be is that the gargoyles are summoned from a portal above the user, thus the opponent would be informed of their presence and thus can easily counter them if they are not sufficiently distracted, the other one is their linear dive pattern because their wings do not flap thus being unable to possibly avoid incoming attacks.

I'd most likely use this in combination with one four different techniques, simplest would be a CJ taught to be by Kerrah which simply blows dust particles into my opponent's eyes to blind them momentarily and catch them by surprise. second would be the use of the hidden mist technique to cover the entire battlefield in a thick mist and since the gargoyles only glide down they shouldn't produce enough wind to actually blow the mist aside, this one would only be actually useful with my Hyuuga though cause.. mist. I could use it in a similair fashion using bringer of darkness but perhaps my favorite way of using it would be first making the gargoyles descend and while they dive towards my target constrict his movements with for example a well placed swamp.

I like it alot o-o won't know the full extent I can use it in unless I actually have used it in a few situations though :p

Reactions: Mathias

System001

Legendary
Kin
6,209💸
Kumi
10,911💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, like the technique says it's similair to the earth lid and mud fall techniques by creating a portal in the sky and depending on the situation the way I would use it in various ways; the first one being only useful if the opponent is distracted sufficiently, I'd direct the Gargoyles to dive straight into my opponent, crashing down upon them causing initial blunt damage before they explode and skewer the opponent with their spikes. The second, most simple use would be to make them detonate mid-dive to shower spikes on the target, this however is a rather straightforward way and would be pointless to use it in such a way as that would be just a waste since in the right situation it could be extremely useful. Two weaknesses would be is that the gargoyles are summoned from a portal above the user, thus the opponent would be informed of their presence and thus can easily counter them if they are not sufficiently distracted, the other one is their linear dive pattern because their wings do not flap thus being unable to possibly avoid incoming attacks.

I'd most likely use this in combination with one four different techniques, simplest would be a CJ taught to be by Kerrah which simply blows dust particles into my opponent's eyes to blind them momentarily and catch them by surprise. second would be the use of the hidden mist technique to cover the entire battlefield in a thick mist and since the gargoyles only glide down they shouldn't produce enough wind to actually blow the mist aside, this one would only be actually useful with my Hyuuga though cause.. mist. I could use it in a similair fashion using bringer of darkness but perhaps my favorite way of using it would be first making the gargoyles descend and while they dive towards my target constrict his movements with for example a well placed swamp.

I like it alot o-o won't know the full extent I can use it in unless I actually have used it in a few situations though

Mathias

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

I like it alot o-o won't know the full extent I can use it in unless I actually have used it in a few situations though :p
Seems like you've covered roughly what I wanted to hear. You've officially learned the technique, I apologize for how long it has taken me to get to it.