[Nin] Mariabell Rosso | First Lessons in Ink

Hunty's iconHunty

Veteran
Joined
Feb 23, 2013
Messages
4,631
Reaction score
1,163
Status
Mariabell Rosso:

First Lessons in Ink​

OOC — Training Request:
Mirai, I'd like to get Mariabell started with Ink Ninjutsu, if you're available to teach her. You approved her bio, and I saw you listed for Ink, so I figured I'd start here.

Biography: Mariabell Rosso of Greed
Current Rank: Genin
Current Fields: Water, Earth, Fire, Ninjutsu and Genjutsu.

I'd like to build her around control, misdirection and creating openings, with Ink supporting her Water and Genjutsu. I've read the September update making Ink free; I'm requesting the training here before adding it to her abilities. Could you give me a first lesson and let me know whether a mission-based training route would work for her too?

Progression: I'd also like to begin B-rank missions toward Chūnin and could use a pointer on entering the current Ninja World arc with this bio.

Stat Check: Her bio lists AGL 2 but speed 6, while the attribute table puts AGL 2 at speed 4. Her VIT 2 also doesn't specify its health/chakra allocation. Could you confirm how these should be recorded before I use her totals in combat?

The First Stroke:
Mariabell arrived at the training grounds carrying a small case beneath one arm. She chose a flat stone beside the pond, laid out a blank scroll and set a brush beside an ink dish. Her folded fan remained at her hip.

For several minutes, she practiced ordinary strokes: a straight line, a curve, then the outline of a bird. The first attempt was neat but stiff. She studied it, turned the page and tried again, easing the pressure of her wrist. Nothing moved beyond the brush. For now, the ink was only ink.

When she heard someone approaching, she set the brush down and stood, offering a polite inclination of her head.


“I've been told a drawing can become rather more useful than a decoration.”

Her pale violet eyes briefly returned to the unfinished bird.

“I would like to learn how. Where do we begin?”
 
Top