24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So there's a Manhwa I was introduced to a few days ago, called Feng Shen Ji. And I can honestly say it's the best thing I've ever read, surprisingly enough not many people read it or have even heard of it! Crazy!!!

Synopsis:
The Great Shang dynasty has been in power for many years but the Gods find fault with the new emperor. Instead of submitting to their will at the expense of his people, the Emperor resolves to throw off the Gods' yoke and free humanity. However, not only the Gods but a rival, the young Zhou who submits to the Gods' will for his own purposes will face him!

The fate of the dynasty, nay, the fate of all humanity will be determined by this great battle between the forces of Heaven and Earth!
Pros about the series:
- The concept, content and context of the entire series is fantastic, imaginative and very unique
- The fight scenes are the best I've ever seen
- The art quality is top notch (and in full color!)
- There are no asspulls, character development is steady and reasonably well paced
- I've never been bored by it, it's clearly very entertaining to read
- It never ruins moments by chipping in the wrong kind of dialogue e.g. humor at an emotional moment
- Everyone is a badass

Cons about the series:
- Some of the names are hard to remember and easy to get mixed up and confused
- There is a lack of plot twists

Here's a preview of some of the Art quality:
(These are cover pages, but the Art Quality remains the same on the actual scans)
You must be registered for see images
There are currently 86 translated chapters in total, with 166 chapters in chinese, which are ongoing. There are currently two seasons for the translations, Season 1 ends at chapter 39 and Season 2 starts at chapter 40. On Batoto both seasons are segregated (i.e not together).

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Desmodus

Supermacaquecool

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So everyone is a badass...uh? That's interesting! I'll make sure to check that one soon! But I really want to finish Annarasumanara first, it's been bugging me the fact I hadn't finished it >.> :eww:

fandum

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I spoiled it by looking ahead at the chapters not translated.

Spoils below

Not sure that I'm going to like the way they change the story after the Gods' Domain Arc... seems like it looses a lot after that.

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I spoiled it by looking ahead at the chapters not translated.

Spoils below

Not sure that I'm going to like the way they change the story after the Gods' Domain Arc... seems like it looses a lot after that.
Well I've looked at the latest chapters with Shi Xing somehow entering the past or something (as he encounters Pan Gu), and there's that God with the Golden Dragons, what do you think he is exactly? Looks like an Ancient Sage King to me...

edo tensai wilmaso

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
dude shen feng ji rocks been reading it since the summer ... im surprised ppl dont talk about it as much i guess they are too into the mangas and not manwhas. but i conquer its badass.

edo tensai wilmaso

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's fantastic! Glad to see I'm not one of three, but rather one of four on the base to read it! Have you seen the raws!?
when i caught up to the last translated chapter i couldn't help myself , but that was months ago so i basically peeped trough what we've been give till now... but i dont want to check again cuz it might take away some suspense ... dude that sageking that zuh yi (master swordsman dude) is fighting is on another level. i think the transcendent vigor that escaped from tians mancave wants revenge :devil:

Desmodus

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was wandering through these forums to find something new to read.

I hope I won´t be disappointed, I don´t like things where everyone is a badass. Will give it a try, though.

edit: Chapter 20, so far, so good. Interesting stuff.

Last edited:

24 12 11 to troll

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was wandering through these forums to find something new to read.

I hope I won´t be disappointed, I don´t like things where everyone is a badass. Will give it a try, though.

edit: Chapter 20, so far, so good. Interesting stuff.
You're at the worst arc, if you like that then you will love season 2

when i caught up to the last translated chapter i couldn't help myself , but that was months ago so i basically peeped trough what we've been give till now... but i dont want to check again cuz it might take away some suspense ... dude that sageking that zuh yi (master swordsman dude) is fighting is on another level. i think the transcendent vigor that escaped from tians mancave wants revenge :devil:
The English chapters have gone past that fight. It just finished xD

Zhen Chan is so badass!

Osagyefo

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Wow, Ah Gou going apes**t there, interesting fight we have on our hands...
Uncle, Zu yi, you have my respect...