Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What's so bad about OPM that you're comparing TG to it
OPM vs :re is one of the manga pairings the OP is asking us to state which is better, so... that's why I'm comparing them - because that's what the thread's about.

better yet, I understand that the quality of TG is going down but you say that it's better than OPM, in what field? That's my question.
In every field except comedy, while art quality is subjective. Plot and writing, basically one of the most important aspects of any manga that claims it's above average, are concepts almost completely void in OPM. I doubt that has changed since Garou was defeated and ran away, which is where I dropped the web comic. So... TG pretty much wins by default just by having one, but even then it's far superior to OPM, though I am not counting :re as a standalone but also taking into account the original TG.

The themes the two series have are completely different, and I hardly understand why OPM is classified as Seinen, a genre aimed at 18+ above young adults, when almost nothing in it could neither be unwatchable nor incomprehensible by a 10-year-old. One thing that could elude an immature viewer would be the contrast between Saitama, the strongest hero without any actual passion, and Mumen Rider, the weakest with the strongest passion showing how Saitama is far from an ideal hero, etc. etc. And that's where it stops - from then on it's just different threat after threat and how the HA and Saitama deal with them. TG :re, on the other hand, while mirroring its prequel with the events that unfolded in it delivered a subtly hinted at experience that is definitely not shounen-friendly, if I could put it that way (though the recent last minute saves of fan-favourite characters continue to mark the manga's path downwards). The way the story is told, with all of the symbolism and unique use of Japanese language in a way that you go: "oh, nicely done" is what easily alone sets TG apart from OPM. All of the mystery that keeps you guessing, while not overly done in a way where too many questions becomes tiresome, its mostly colorful and intriguing characters that don't just have one funny little quirk to set them apart from all the others *cough, OPM's characters*, plus the overall dank feel of "no punches pulled just to pander to the sensitive" are all parts of why it's a better piece of fiction.

I know how the routine with OPM will go - a threat arrives, if it's not meant to be immediately one-shotted by Saitama then it beats some low-class fodders, maybe even A or low-S ones, Genos comes in and gets wrecked, Saitama saves the day, with a 50% chance of stating he does it just for a hobby. TG:re? Hardly any idea, Kaneki being the OEK was one of the few things most people got right.

A parody manga being better than way superior writing just doesn't sound good to me.

LBeezy

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Which manga do you think is better between...

Attack On Titan Vs Berserk
I have not read Berserk, and only watched AOT anime so for this I can't really say my opinion. But based on reviews I've seen for both, I'd probably say Berserk.

Naruto Vs Bleach
Naruto (clearly not based off of the war arc though.. lol)

Toriko Vs Terra Formars
Have not read either of these... but I do like the concept of Toriko, and I plan on reading it one day though.

One Punch Man Vs Tokyo Ghoul & Re
OPM for me.. OPM is tragically underrated by many manga/anime fans I've noticed..

Vinland Saga Vs Vagabond
I know nothing about either of these.. so I really can't say.

Hunter X Hunter Vs One Piece
Now THIS is why I really commented on this thread.. ONE PIECE all day every day! No questions asked.. not even a competition.

I'm completely surprised to see how many people picked HxH.. it doesnt make sense to me.. I feel like they haven't read OP at all.. theres no way any of the manga listed above beats OP.. and thats especially H×H!

I'm sorry.. just my opinion..