Man in Roseville Michigan gets ticket for warming up car in his own driveway LMAO

Excite

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can't make this shit up

ROSEVILLE, Mich. (WDIV)- A Roseville man took to Facebook to insult an officer who gave him a ticket for warming up his car in his own driveway.

"Every person warms up their car," Nick Taylor said. "We live in Michigan!"

Roseville police phones have been lighting up with calls from people who are furious that Taylor was given a ticket for warming up his car.

"I was furious when I saw it," Taylor said.

Taylor said he started his car Tuesday morning to warm it up and went inside for 5 minutes. When he went back outside, he had received a ticket that said "motor vehicle unattended."

"Vehicle parked in drive with keys in ignition, motor running -- no one around," the Roseville officer wrote on the ticket.

The officer didn't knock on the door to inform Taylor of the problem.

"That would have been respectful," Taylor said. "I had no clue that this was a law, an ordinance."

Police said the key component of the case is whether the key is in the car. Using a remote starter is OK because the key isn't in the car. If the key is in the car, it's a state and local violation, because somebody could take off in the car.

"You're putting the public at risk," Roseville police Chief James Berlin said. "This is purely a public safety issue."

Taylor posted a picture of the ticket on his Facebook page and called the officer an insulting name. It's been shared more than 6,000 times and there are more than 5,000 comments.

Berlin said he's not tearing up the ticket. He's angry about the name calling.

"You see the disparaging comments he made about my officer?" Berlin said. "Drop dead."

Taylor said he didn't mean to call the officer a name, but he doesn't want the ticket.

"Unattended car?" Taylor said. "I’ve done this every day for seven years. Every person warms up their car. We live in Michigan."

Taylor is scheduled to appear in court later this month.
This is really getting out of control now I assume they're doing this because Michigan is broke after going bankrupt and now needing to pay funds for flint pipeline that was destroyed, my ex girlfriend aunt was given a ticket in Dayton Ohio for giving a homeless man money.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,412💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
Taylor said he didn't mean to call the officer a name, but he doesn't want the ticket....
Moral of the story: Don't insult the cops on FB if you are going to ask them to drop the case. And maybe you shouldn't post that you have been breaking the same law everyday for seven years either.

Reactions: Rohan

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That cop needs to get falcon kicked in the chin for that ticket, but knowing SOME cops, they're a bunch of pusscakes scared to take off that badge and stop hiding behind it.

Reactions: Excite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well it's for public good. His car could have been stolen.
You don't punish someone for being a victim? If that was the case they should treat everyone to the same standards, i've seen personally many times police officers keeping the squad car running because it's way to cold outside.

None of these police officers had been punished for keeping the keys in the cars?

[video=youtube;_84uyljwMnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_84uyljwMnY[/video]

Reraru

Legendary
Kin
11💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You don't punish someone for being a victim? If that was the case they should treat everyone to the same standards, i've seen personally many times police officers keeping the squad car running because it's way to cold outside.

None of these police officers had been punished for keeping the keys in the cars?

[video=youtube;_84uyljwMnY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_84uyljwMnY[/video]
It's okay to keep car on if you are inside lol. Tho everyone has their own opinion. So I won't argue.

UchiGod Itachi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea it's BS. Cop could have let it slide, especially with how the weather has been getting lately.

I know right I live right by the border of Canada it was so cold I was waiting for the legendary pokemon articuno to pop up on my pokemon go app, I honestly heard a cat crying outside so I figured the cat had no place to go I went outside just to bring it in but it didn't trust me. They even have reports of it snowing even in georgia this weather is no joke.

The Great Second Hokage

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There are always dumb laws like these in effect. There was a story out of indiana that a high school boy couldn't park his truck in his parents driveway because it would "decrease the property value of the surrounding homes".