Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You must be registered for see images

A Florida man has been found guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting death of a black teenager after an argument about loud rap music.

Jurors took less than six hours on Wednesday to return the verdict against Michael Dunn, who shot dead 17-year-old Jordan Davis in November 2012.

In February, a jury was unable to reach a verdict on the first-degree murder charge after more than 30 hours of deliberation, prompting a retrial.

That jury did find Dunn guilty on three counts of attempted second-degree murder and a count of firing into an occupied car.

Dunn fired 10 rounds at a vehicle carrying Jordan and three of his friends outside a convenience store in Jacksonville.

The 47-year-old testified that he feared for his life after someone in the back seat of the SUV rolled the window down and flashed a gun.

No weapons were found inside the teen's vehicle.

Prosecutors told the court that Dunn shot with intent to kill.

"Each time he is making a conscious decision to fire," attorney Erin Wolfson said in her closing arguments.

"With two hands on the gun, taking aim at Jordan Davis."

The case drew comparisons to the self-defence trial of George Zimmerman, who shot dead unarmed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in Sanford, about 125 miles south of Jacksonville.

The Dunn trial was prosecuted by the same State Attorney's Office as the Zimmerman case.

Jordan's mother, Lucy McBath, linked the two again after the verdict was read in her son's case on Wednesday.

"We are very grateful that justice has been served, justice not only for Jordan, but justice for Trayvon and justice all the nameless, faceless children and people that will never have a voice," she said, according to WJXT-TV.

Ron Davis, the teen's father, added: "I wanted Jacksonville to be a shining example that you can have a jury made up of mostly white people, white men and to be an example to the rest of the world to stop the discriminatory practices."

Dunn, a former software engineer, faces a mandatory life sentence. He already faced 60 years behind bars for the convictions handed down in the first trial.

The guy said they flashed a gun they didn't have but even if they did, if someone flashes a gun, you roll up your window and drive off, you don't pull out a gun and go shot them ten times.

What I don't get is why he did it, they don't explain his motive, why would an ordinary middle aged man do something like that, do you think he flipped or do you think it was hysteria brought on by racial profiling. All these guys where doing was listening to music it is sad and makes no sense.

Madarauchiwa

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Florida is a dangerous place for a black teenager good thing I'm in southern California
*north florida.

south florida is super safe to be any race. down here in miami its a cultural melting pot. its nothing like the rest of florida in fact most people who live in florida and come down to miami say its like going to a completely different country

villain55

Legendary
Kin
6๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Not surprise it happens in Florida. Also I disagree with you saying if someone flashes a gun at you and just roll up your window and drive away. I would shoot that person if they did that to me, I would feel threaten. I wouldn't shoot 10 times though.

Last edited:

Cobra the Sage

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Florida just figured out how to use their justice system properly. It's good to see filth gets what it deserves.
What is this filth u speak of exactly? If u speaking of the filth we call society I agree. But if u talking about filth as being a racist term towards the black young man that was gunned down u sir are a idiot. And ppl like u is what's wrong with society. If it's not idiots being racist against another race, religion against religion or straight ppl against gay ppl. What idiots like u dont understand we all in the same pile of shyt and your pile of shyt is no better than anyone else's. :)