Trait Points
0⚔️
Have a look at this:
You must be registered for see medias

Again . . .

Now one more time.

Specifically, this part:
You must be registered for see images

I must apologise for not being able to find the gif for that, as it would have saved you a good 10 minutes, but . . .

What do you notice? Nothing?

Ok.
Now look at every other instance of technique casting in the entire story! Even the aliens, ten tails hosts, tailed beasts and even the spirits!

You should notice that every single technique either creates or applies control over naturally occuring elements. Or it uses naturally occuring elements to control synthetic things.

Except for Maki, with her Hidden Cloth Technique!

The five basic elements are obviously naturally occuring. Among the bloodline inheritances, ice, lava, acid, crystals, heatwaves and lasers (light) are all naturally occuring. The alien eyes are spiritual so they dont count. Even magnetism is natural and wood includes spirit (life) energy so it is explained.

Cloth is not naturally occuring. Fur may be, but that is single strands of hair packed tightly together - and even then, hair . . . Cloth is processed and woven strands of hair/string. It is synthetic. Of course, there are also plant based cloths (linen, i think @YowYan should know), but those are stil heavily processed even before the weaving.

On top of this, what makes the control of cloth by Maki so special is that she doesn't just move it around, but she applies special effects through it, such as that teleportation technique. The closest thing we have to this is Hashirama with his Wood Style. However, he needed massive spiritual energy and ancestral powers in order to unlock that. His technique is an advanced bloodline trait that uses three elements - Water, Earth and Yin (Life).

No matter how you look at it, her technique is a better form to his own.

1 - If it is fur based cloth, then she is controlling animal matter while he controls plant matter
2 - If it is plant based cloth, then she controls a refined version of wood

And it is not just Hashirama that she technically betters here. Her ability to teleport beats Minato and Tobirama as well.

1 - No need for laying cloths everywhere like how FTG needs kunai spread everywhere
2 - No need for markings on anything or anyone, as long as she can move the distance and cover the area/targets/allies
3 - No need for preparation of kunai before battle

And of course, the ability to use her cloths for sealings, bindings and defence covers many other uses of basic elements.

Inb4 Konan, paper can occur naturally. Go to Kamchatka Forest in Russia for easy examples

Inb4 Orochimaru, he's Orochimaru. Even then, he had to do many years of research and experimentation before being able to create his Shadow Snake Hands. And technically, life forms are natural.

Inb4 power level, that's cool. The point is about her advanced control, not how powerful she is with it, although i can imagine a combo with Naruto to power up her teleportation would have been epic during the 4th War.

No matter how i look at it, this is something special.

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think this is a reach. Could simply be a better and more refined version of the extraction technique which is just using your chakra to pull something towards you without harm ex: Koharu paper tag extraction tech when the paper tag was hidden in the wall. I don’t think this is as advanced as you are making it seem. If it is hair, there is already hair manipulation in the series. So that doesn’t make it too unique.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think this is a reach. Could simply be a better and more refined version of the extraction technique which is just using your chakra to pull something towards you without harm ex: Koharu paper tag extraction tech when the paper tag was hidden in the wall. I don’t think this is as advanced as you are making it seem. If it is hair, there is already hair manipulation in the series. So that doesn’t make it too unique.
"Better and more refined"

Well . . . I'm not sure how this goes against OP