Madara question

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not sure if this has been discussed before (probably has, so sorry in advance)
What if Madara used a genjutsu to make 1st hokage think he had killed Madara?
My question is, why did Madara do this? (Because he obiously died at some point since he is an edo now)

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
so hashirama didnt finish pwning him?
I don't think a genjutsu was used, because if he could make Hashirama think he was dead he would have just killed him, you get me?

I think at some point in the fight he got hashirama's DNA and then used Izanagi. That is the only thing that makes any sense, that or that Madara didn't want to kill Hashirama. Hashi fans won't ever admit to that though, but that also makes sense, because Konoha had already rejected Madara so they weren't going to make him Hokage even if he won, so he could have let him live so that he didn't have konoha chasing him.

To me those are the only two ways that Madara could have faked his death, because ninjas aren't often fooled by someone falling over and groaning.

Hipster Madara

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think a genjutsu was used, because if he could make Hashirama think he was dead he would have just killed him, you get me?

I think at some point in the fight he got hashirama's DNA and then used Izanagi. That is the only thing that makes any sense, that or that Madara didn't want to kill Hashirama. Hashi fans won't ever admit to that though, but that also makes sense, because Konoha had already rejected Madara so they weren't going to make him Hokage even if he won, so he could have let him live so that he didn't have konoha chasing him.

To me those are the only two ways that Madara could have faked his death, because ninjas aren't often fooled by someone falling over and groaning.
i thought this a bunch of times... and im a madara and hashi fan xd

i was jk btw... xd

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hashirama is at a level that he shouldnt fall for genjutsus. Just an opinion, dont freak out.
Apparently there is a level where genjutsus become useless. Huh, go figure.

It is an opinion, but one that is wrong. No one except for Bee or whoever weilds Samehada can even know automatically that genjutsu is being used, otherwise there is no way to know you are in a genjutsu unless weird stuff starts happening.

So if a genjutsu were used to make Hashirama think that Madara had died, then that wouldn't be weird or unnatural because they were battling.

This is why genjutsu is so powerful, but most people on the base don't understand that, they just say "Oh he can break out of genjutsu". They don't understand that the victim has to first be aware of the fact that they are in a genjutsu, before they have any chance of breaking it.

Next you have to have the skill necessary to break it, and it makes sense that the more powerful or higher level the genjutsu, the more skill it requires to break it.

Anyway I don't want to go into a huge speel about how genjutsu is the most useful ability alongside sealing jutsu, but yeah Hashirama isn't of a high enough level to be immune to genjutsu, no one is.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,471💸
Kumi
492💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are we sure that Hashirama thought him dead? Manga said he lost at he Valley. And we assumed he died then and there.. Link please if I am forgetting something..

I mean why didn't Konoha/Uchiha had his grave somewhere in Konoha. Wouldn't they collect the body?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here's a crazy idea. Maybe Madara and hashirama were BFFs or rivals or something (like naruto and sasuke or jman and oro) and Madara was trying to leave and go rogue so hashirama went to stop him from leaving? Maybe he was studying forbidden Justus?