Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello everyone, so when an awesome scene like Madara's fight scene against the alliance I like to watch it with some music of my choice playing in the background. Today it was "Viva la Vida" by Coldplay, certainly one of my favorite songs. But while watching Madara kicking some ass while listening to these awesome lyrics, I realized this is really like Madara's theme song. Since I'm so bored I'll give you guys a lyric for lyric description *_*

"I used to rule the world, seas would rise when I gave the word. Now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own."

This is a reference to Madara's Glory Days leading the Uchiha and being one of the strongest shinobi in the world. However, he slowly lost Uchiha followers due to Hashirama's assumption of the position of Hokage. Soon he became old and forgotten, living underground on that Zetsu life support.
You must be registered for see images

"I used to roll the dice, feel the fear in my enemies eyes. Listen as the crowd would sing "Now the old king is dead, long live the king"

Of course this ties to Madara's monstrous abilities on the battlefield and instilling fear in anyone who opposes him.

The line "Listen as the crowd would sing "Now the old king is dead, long live the king" is basically following the fight with Hashirama and his presumed death that was celebrated by Uchiha and Senju alike. These "kings" are the rulers of the village, Madara and Hashirama. Long live the king refers to Hashirama's popularity, and "listen as the crowd would sing" means he was alive to know about this false impression on Konoha.

"One minute I held the key, next the walls were closed on me and I discovered that my castle stands, upon pillar of salt and pillar of sand. I hear Jerusalem bells a-ringing, Roman cavalry choirs are singing, be my mirror my sword and shield, my missionaries in a foreign field. For some reason I can't explain, I know Saint Peter Won't call my name never an honest word, but that was when I ruled the world."

Wow. Many references in the chorus. The first line is obviously about his increasing hatred towards Konoha, and "my castle stands" means when he was revived he realized his old home is now depending on villages such as the sand ;D to help them fight. Now the beginning of the chorus is sort of irrelevant, but It could give off the atmosphere of war. "be my Mirror my sword and shield, my missionaries in a foreign field." The first line is a hint at Susano'o obviously.
his missionaries refer to his old fallen Uchiha comrades that are now dead.

I'm gonna skip ahead to some lyrics later in the song, this thread is getting long lol. "Shattered windows and the sound of drums, people couldn't believe what I'd become. Revolutionaries wait, for my head on a silver plate I'm just a puppet on a lonely king, oh who would ever want to be king?"
The first line is most likely the reaction of all shinobi including Hashirama to Madara's overwhelming strength and madness.
The next line means that the allied forces can't do anything against Madara except wait for his demise. Basically, his head is a target for everyone on the battlefield now. The final line refers to his geezer days when he's attached to that tree, lonely as could be.
And as he stands on the frontline, "who would ever want to be king?" Questions why people like Naruto and Hashirama are the way they are.

When put in song, especially one with sad violins, I realized how tragic the life and times of Madara Uchiha are, life and afterlife. Well thank you If you read through, and leave your comments below!" ^.^ Also I know the song and character aren't related to each other in anyway :snick:

Here is the song BTW:
[video=youtube;dvgZkm1xWPE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE[/video]

Last edited:

Moe22

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I luv dat song and this one and this one also
Madara's story is really emotional and intriguing
Ah yes both are great, especially lost! Thank you for taking the time to read the thread, I know it's a little too long, but I appreciate it =D