[Discussion] Luffy eating 2 DF (or more?)

shk1020

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We all saw BlackBeard (BB) eat two DF...well eat one and somehow absorb another (darkness/gravity and earthquake abilities). it has been speculated that the reason hes able to use two DF's is because of his massive body able to maintain it.

well i was thinking that we have seen luffy able to expand his body many, many times. would he be able to eat/absorb an extra DF or maybe even more?

i mean think about it, we ARE talking about Oda here. :D rubber isnt that "special" compared to all the other DF's we have seen. why would he give luffy a rubber DF (paramecia - or w/e its called) instead of a logia type which generally is far better? it could be that Oda, just chose something at random, but maybe he has a plan with the rubber aspect and possibly allow luffy to eat more DF's.

many might dislike the idea of luffy getting another DF, which could be because he would be getting overpowered, but i think it would be cool to see luffy with more DF(s)...hehe.

lets discuss the pros and cons. ^^

Reactions: BlacKing

Dracule

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Luffy's Gomu Gomu fruit alone kicked the asses of a lot of other Logia types whos abilities "seemed" "better". Luffy + Haki mastery = Logia types are nothing. Honestly, he doesn't even need another DF ability.
We don't want him like Naruto now do we?

Erzo

Legendary
Kin
551💸
Kumi
1,094💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
well no that he has Haki, he can easily fight others with logia type DF?
so i think he is fine as he is :)

plus I like the simple rubber power, even though he is the main character he doesnt have the 'best' DF which for me makes it weirdly better?

Myno0on

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it has nothing to do with blackbeard body it has to do with his DF
his DF alows him to absorb stuff through a vortex.
if it was on body whitebeard would have gotten 3 DF biggest dude lol.

shk1020

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
it has nothing to do with blackbeard body it has to do with his DF
his DF alows him to absorb stuff through a vortex.
if it was on body whitebeard would have gotten 3 DF biggest dude lol.
lol, possibly. but i just heard speculations stating that it was due to his body that allowed him to get the multiple DF's.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No, just no.

There are several plausible theories as why BB was able to eat 2 DF, however his massive size is certainly not one of them =/ that's just lame.

I also absolutely detest your logic about "rubber not being that special and that we're talking about Oda here, so there must be some kind of special catch". It's disgusting -_-

It would ruin Luffy's character completely and I highely doubt Oda would ever give him another DF.

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, it's not about the size. It's about the atypical body structure, not the size. besides, Oda's point is that Luffy's Devil fruit is USELESS, but, despite that, Luffy made it awesome.
It's not about what you have, is what you make of what you have, and that is one of the many morals and lessons One Piece has to offer ;)

Glad I could be of assistance.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Its not the size of the boat that matters, but the motion in the ocean that gets you too your destination." that quote typically is used for something else but is oddly fitting here xd

s0ulja

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
as lili pointed out, the reason he was able to eat 2 DF was b'cuz of his abnormal body structure..not the size, or the ability of the first
plus luffy isnt the logia type, and with his haki abilities..he can take on logia's with more more ease than he did in the past
if anything i'd like for him to get some cool accessories lol

cryhwks

Veteran
Kin
321💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No I don't think Luffy will get another DF power & really I don't want him to either I think that's the 1 thing that only Blackbeard should be able to do because it makes him a much more scary villain.

& I think Luffy with his Gumo Gumo powers plus his Haki powers will be able to handle Blackbeard when the time comes plus Luffy will probably have even more tricks by the time they fight. & I honestly think there is more to the Haoshoku Haki then just knocking weak minded people out.

Dino

Regular
Kin
118💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Blackbeard was able to eat two devil fruits because of his abnormal body structure. This is a theory anyway. It was stated by Marco during the "War of the Best" but there might be more to that. Nothing is known yet.

It would be a letdown if Luffy ate two devil fruits. He doesn't need them either. With him mastering Haki, devil fruits are useless.

shk1020

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i guess i misunderstood the theory. abnormal body structure, i took that as having a large body. :p but that is essentially what i meant. it was due to his body size/shape/structure that BB was able to gain access to both DF's.

personally i dont mind if luffy gets another DF. i do agree with many of you that he doesnt need it. but i just thought it would be a cool idea, heh.

MantoraSama

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A little late, but here is my reasoning for why Luffy shouldn't obtain a second devil fruit. Luffy fruit is as versatile as they come, therefore giving him another fruit is pointless and degrading for the character. Another reason he shouldn't gain a new one is, another fruit suggests Luffy isn't exactly strong nor has the potential to outclass future strong opponents. And, if that was the case why should fans continue reading? By fans, I mean those who enjoy quality manga and well done character development. Lastly, Luffy is too damn awesome to need another fruit. But, I am done with Luffy and now moving on to Blackbeard's case of multiple fruits.

Blackbeard obtaining a second devil is hinted to be because of his atypical body structure. However, I personally believe its because of the ideology behind it. So, just remember the number three.Blackbeard will soon embody the characteristics of the Big Three. The Big Three of the Olympian gods that is. The Gura Gura no Mi represents Poseidon's ability over the ocean and earth, I could go into detail but if any reads up on Greek Mythology you should know what I am referring to, while the Yomi Yomi no MI represents Hade's power or rather the morality of his power; then it would be darkness. What is missing? A fruit resembling Zeus, therefore he would obtain a fruit about either the sky, electricity, or any ability that derives from such. However, it must be zoan fruit and one with some form of rarity. To summarize, the number three keeps appearing.

• Logia - Yomi Yomi no Mi - Hades
  • Paramecia - Gura Gura no Mi - Poseidon
  • Zoan - ??? - Zeus
~ Three fruits, all three different class of DFs, and three gods.

Additional Three's
  • Three Skull Flag - Cerberus
  • Three scars placed on Shanks
~ Three heads, three scars.

So, by now you should know that THREE has to have something to do with Blackbeard. I'm not saying this is why he has the ability to eat more than one fruit. However, I am saying this is probably the reasoning to why only he should have more than one fruit. Only he provides the significant character setup/background to pull it off, and besides he will serve as a awesome final boss; hopefully.

Last edited: