2,302💸
Kumi
463💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Chapter 4

Academy of Freaks
Sylva again woke up from a daze thinking to himself that the number of times he has teleported might cause some side effects. From the surroundings around him he was in a dorm room lying on a bed, taking a glance to the side he saw Tylo snoring away surprised that yet again the coincidence of having him as a dorm mate. As he got up he noticed a pile of luggage, his eyes instantly lit up in anticipation.

“Ugh Sylva, where are we?” with a grumble Tylo woke up clearly due to Sylva’s rummaging, still rubbing his eyes as he too just noticed what was around him.

“Seems like we have been teleported to the actual location of the Military school, looks like this will be our home for quite a while. I assume classes will start sometime later this week you can go check the schedule.” Said, Sylva, while he looked around incessantly for something.

Tylo got up eventually, inwardly grumbling to himself that his slumber was disturbed by someone looting through his own luggage.

“Let’s see, according to the screen we have one day of preparation before the introductory classes start. There is a note stating that our timetables will be the same for the first couple months.” Stated Tylo relived that there was still some time to get used to the environment before starting school.

“Ah I have found it they didn’t confiscate it, Tylo come have a look!” cried Sylva in excitement.

While Tylo approached Sylva a metallic object appeared, black in color, exuding an image of intricate human craftsmanship. A complete firearm without wear, a weapon dating back six hundred years, a streamlined body. Scope, nozzle fully assembled displaying humanities great technological achievements before the great war.

“Sylva this is a gun from the pre-war era how did you get a hold of this. Is this the hobby you always mentioned back on New Moon? I’m in awe, at most parts do sell on the market don’t tell me you assembled this yourself?” Clamored Tylo in reverence to such an object and Sylva’s skill in assembling it.

“Yup, this one was quite tricky but once you know how it is pieced together the process becomes quite easy. Guns are not that commonplace now, as you mentioned in the shuttle the army has been producing monsters, firearms like these have no value. Plus, the countries New Moon originated from had strict policies regarding guns, it isn’t surprising that they are scarce. America back on earth should be riddled with firearms, I’m lucky to even have some in my possession.” Said Sylva with a tinge of pride.

With that Sylva put away the weapons, aiming to tidy the place up and getting everything sorted before starting their education. Tylo helped with the process all the while grumbling about how they were forced into such a predicament out of the blue. Keep in mind migrating from New Moon to Mars was quite tedious as the environments were very much different.

After an hour of tedious cleaning the pair soon realized that their stomachs were rumbling, they haven’t eaten since yesterday. Sylva held up a display screen which was issued to everyone, it contained the map needed to navigate the large school building. After some time, Sylva spotted the cafeteria, on the device the cafeteria had a brief description. “All normal dishes are free of charge however, any dishes with spiritual energy will be charged via contribution points. Enjoy!”

“Sylva, I am famished quick let’s hurry to the cafeteria, I am literally going to die of hunger.” Said Tylo with an excited expression.

“Hopefully the food isn’t shit, the stuff back in New Moon schools was terrible it was like eating garbage.” Said Sylva with a pessimistic tone.

“Don’t jinx it, you do realize that we can’t bring any food from home. Speaking of home, I doubt they got our parents’ consent easily. My mother would be against sending me off to a boarding school, much less one in the wilderness.” Spat out Tylo, still peeved at the whole boarding school idea.

“Speaking of your mom, I wonder how my mom is, at least Z-03 district doesent look too bad hopefully she will enjoy it there while I am gone. I don’t want her to be worrying about me, I should ask to see if I can contact her.” Replied Sylva

With that the pair dawdled over to the cafeteria, which happened to be on the other side of the school building. With the already famished conditions of the pair the walk there was quite depressing, considering it took them a full thirty minutes to get there causing their attitudes to sour.

“What sort of lousy architect made this academy the cafeteria is so far from the dorms, they must have done this intentionally, those assholes.” Lamented Tylo in protest causing Sylva to chuckle.

After arriving at the cafeteria there was a myriad of students, the whole place was massive to cater for the thousands of people in the academy. Clearly there was many more pupils from other districts and seniors who numbered in the tens of thousands creating a rowdy environment. Seeing such a scene the pair was dumbfounded standing on the spot, with two exaggerated expressions causing many to giggle at the freshman pair. Obviously, this was expected, soon after the pair got out of their stupor and shuffled over to the counter to get some grub.

“Hey boss, you see that pair of dimwits? We can surly get some pocket money if we rough them up a bit. That silver haired kid looks quite loaded.” whispered a senior, with a hint of disdain in his eye.

“I see them, but do you see those badges, one is a Dual Student while the other is a Martial Master Student. We can’t touch them, we are merely Mortal Students, look before you suggest anything.” Replied the boss like figure with a frown.

The other student focused on the pair realizing his mistake with beads of sweat on his forehead, inwardly glad that he didn’t attempt anything, otherwise his fate would be a painful one.

…..

Tylo and Sylva sat down at an empty table after walking around aimlessly with a tray of food in their hands. Tylo was obviously quite tired and miserable due to how tedious the whole process of getting the food was. Sylva on the other hand was actively looking around to spot anything related to cultivation. At this point Sylva hasn’t seen anything related to it frustrating him.

“Oh, crap Jane and Kayli are at it again, when did that maleficent beast come back. She is already causing a mess, lets hurry we can’t miss this!” shouted a student causing everyone in the vicinity to open their eyes with excitement, knowing that an event that can’t be missed was about to happen.

“Sylva lets go, this seems to be interesting, we can truly see the freaks in action hurry before we miss it.” Urged Tylo with an enthusiastic expression dragging Sylva along abandoning the food they just acquired.

----------------------------
If you have the time please leave some criticism and a bit of love :hooray:

Reactions: Michael92