Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Remember that our normal methods of doing things are simply attempts at completing/fulfilling goals/needs. They are not those needs by themselves.

This means that there can be other ways to attempt those needs. So just because you cannot use normal methods does not mean a situation is hopeless. It just means you have to try and find other ways.

In that regard, evolution theory teaches that something does not come up without there being a way to take care of it. One does not work towards an impossible end. So the very fact that you seek to connect with others in these circumstances is some proof that it is possible to achieve this goal.

Keep on keeping on

Kin
200💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My Mom asked me to do facetime with them this Christmas day, I hope my boss will let me take off early so I can catch up with them. I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with this anxiety and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have. Merry Christmas.
Glad you were able to find some alternatives for you to make your Christmas a happy one. I developed anxiety in June of this year and it sucked. bad. I think it was from working from home and being in my own head for so many months. It took me months to get it under control, and I don't wish that on anyone.

For me, anxiety equaled adrenaline building up inside my body, and actually, that will alter how my brain works. You have to address the adrenaline or no matter how hard you try, your brain will win and anxiety will win. I found something on the internet that really helped me at the moment. And that was watching or listening to Dr. Claire Weeks on youtube. Every day for months to get me thru. I also saw a doctor, and a psychiatrist about it when it got to the point where I was just too exhausted mentally to do it on my own any longer. The psychiatrist prescribed Lexapro which I took and that seemed to help too. But learning about second fear and pass-thru anxiety from the claire weeks videos is what I truly think got me thru it the most. There are multiple pieces to getting thru it but it's possible even though when I was in it I thought I would never get past it. Anxiety sucks.

Reactions: Morphorous

Tantriskert

Kin
135💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Anxiety comes from thoughts, whether conscious or subconscious.

Best way to start dealing with it is by learning about Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.

Getting out in nature helps the brain a lot, especially when dealing with depression and anxiety. Cutting down on screentime, helps the brain move away from certain states that put it always on alert and that can lead to anxiety. More kids than ever before suffer from anxiety thanks to screentime.

It's always best to take at least half an hour a day to just totally relax. And I mean that in a way to switch off. No books, nothing. Just a state of mindfulness.

Kin
200💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're welcome! How are you doing now? I hope you were able to communicate with your family while you celebrate the New Year! You can do facetime, skype w/e options you have there anyway, there are lots! :)

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah for me there is no choice i need to feed myself , you need to step out of zone and work out stuff . Covid has created biggest crisis in a century and many people personally lost lives . Need to move with time and i recommend to do Onlince courses or work on your hobby that is only advise i can give if you work on your daily goal maybe whatever fear of anxiety you are facing will disappear .

Tantriskert

Kin
135💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My Mom asked me to do facetime with them this Christmas day, I hope my boss will let me take off early so I can catch up with them. I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with this anxiety and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have. Merry Christmas.
The CDC does pack some advice from their articles. The link you shared had it all. Thanks for sharing.

Ninjackda

Kin
130💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As far as loneliness goes I would suggest to call friends and family regularly and have some nice conversations in order to satisfy a bit of social need. Also, multiplayer games you can play with a friend can do something about that feeling.

To deal with anxiety, I found exercising works by far the best. Like someone said, "If they could put exercise in a pill, it would be the best bestseller ever." Furthermore, avoid junk information from the internet and read a quality book or watch a good movie/series instead. If you self isolate for 7+ days and don't develop covid symptoms you are free to visit your parents. Some people can develop symptoms up to 12 days from infection, but by far most get sick by the 7-8th day from infection. ...source is 2 doctors I have in my family.

But looking at the brighter side, we have the vaccines on rollout as we speak. I'm sure this year will do better for us and for our family.

Morphorous

Kin
809💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks for the sound advice, man. I've realized that sometimes, one of the benefits of thinking of others is that it stops us from thinking too much about ourselves.

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,461💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In this shit*y time in which anxiety, loneliness, depression, etc. are just on the corner, how are you guys dealing with it? Does watching kawaii anime enough to cope up with this feeling? Do you play games with your online friends to keep you sane instead? Please help, I need someone to talk to, I feel stressed with everything that's been going on with my work and family. :cry:
I play video games. Now that the gym is back open I try to go to the gym as much as possible. I try to call my mother, grandmother, and best friend as much as I can. I drive around at night to clear my head. Don’t worry, you’re not the only one who feels the way you do. But either make something of it or kill yourself. You have to pick one eventually.