Morphorous

Kin
809💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
In this shit*y time in which anxiety, loneliness, depression, etc. are just on the corner, how are you guys dealing with it? Does watching kawaii anime enough to cope up with this feeling? Do you play games with your online friends to keep you sane instead? Please help, I need someone to talk to, I feel stressed with everything that's been going on with my work and family. :cry:

• Haha
Reactions: Troi and minamoto

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In this shit*y time in which anxiety, loneliness, depression, etc. are just on the corner, how are you guys dealing with it? Does watching kawaii anime enough to cope up with this feeling? Do you play games with your online friends to keep you sane instead? Please help, I need someone to talk to, I feel stressed with everything that's been going on with my work and family. :cry:
I was never in to anime, but book reading has been my hobby since childhood so I went back to it. It's always been my go to place when seeking some comfort. I also find myself watching classical dances and singing more..

Reactions: Morphorous

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I played forum mafia, it's a good mental gymnastics.
Learn a foreign language.
Books and music are helpful things. Listen to music you never had time to search for.
Find soemthing to do with your family, like take a sponge ball and play inside with it, is silly but makes everyone laugh.
Board games, cards, are nice as well.
You can make fitness at home with a routine inspired from youtube.
Find a new hobby in drawing or painting. If a normal canvas is boring, your face can become a make up experiment place.
Write your thoughts, create with words.
Grow some plants indoor.
Construct a maquette of something you like with what you have in your home or can order from Internet. Take clay and make a pot, remake ancient techniques of pottery.
Cook meals for you family or youself, play with ingredients.
Try to have fun in everything.

Morphorous

Kin
809💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank you for all the suggestions, though Michelle it's a lot and I find some really doable from my current situation. I'm living alone and won't be coming home back to the province to attend Christmas because of work reasons, that's why I'm stressed enough to think this way.

Reactions: Michelle

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I find comfort in discomfort and just trying to allow things to be as they are. That helps to diminish chronic anxiety.

And trust me, I wake up with my jaw on-lock due to family issues, work+finances, and personal unresolved traumas.

I take daily icecold showers, workout, grow my own food garden (major mental relief) and try to be as present as possible.

Video games aren't my thing anymore but it's a great anxiety reliever.

@OP: what do you think would bring you long-lasting peace of mind? Excluding suicidal ideas..

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Find a new hobby in drawing or painting. If a normal canvas is boring, your face can become a make up experiment place.
It's been such a long time that I think about it and then get too lazy to try it again... Talking about things to do: we are short on hands these days but I have come up with some forum events , members should participate in.

Uchiha seeker

Legendary
Kin
2,218💸
Kumi
237💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I told myself I'd study hard and try to become a web developer but then this reoccurring issue showed up and I stopped after 2 months and am now too lazy to pick it up again.

My suggestion would be joining forums I guess. I personally have gone back to the ps4 to plat out some games. Fok I need some motivation..

Morphorous

Kin
809💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I find comfort in discomfort and just trying to allow things to be as they are. That helps to diminish chronic anxiety.

And trust me, I wake up with my jaw on-lock due to family issues, work+finances, and personal unresolved traumas.

I take daily icecold showers, workout, grow my own food garden (major mental relief) and try to be as present as possible.

Video games aren't my thing anymore but it's a great anxiety reliever.

@OP: what do you think would bring you long-lasting peace of mind? Excluding suicidal ideas..
I'm still not sure for long-lasting peace of mind, maybe if this Covid-19 will one day be gone (which is impossible), even the the vaccines available now is not a surefire way to counter this situation. But I find listening to delta waves music in youtube my friend has recommended to me very helpful atm, I listen to it while just sitting in our backyard staring from afar or looking at the sky. (It sounds cheesy but I'm serious)
Post automatically merged:

I told myself I'd study hard and try to become a web developer but then this reoccurring issue showed up and I stopped after 2 months and am now too lazy to pick it up again.

My suggestion would be joining forums I guess. I personally have gone back to the ps4 to plat out some games. Fok I need some motivation..
Is it allowed here if you share some forums you've joined? I'm interested on peeking in and see how it goes.

Last edited:

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm still not sure for long-lasting peace of mind, maybe if this Covid-19 will one day be gone (which is impossible), even the the vaccines available now is not a surefire way to counter this situation. But I find listening to delta waves music in youtube my friend has recommended to me very helpful atm, I listen to it while just sitting in our backyard staring from afar or looking at the sky. (It sounds cheesy but I'm serious)
That's not cheesy. It's much healthier to spend time in silence and nature instead of hypnotized by a screen 24/7

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, theres the entertainment options already covered

But for dealing with any such crisis, its good to know yourself. Know yourself,know what it important to you, what you stand for. When you hit it, it'll be the sort of thing that lockdowns can't truly restrict. When you really need to get going, apply yourself towards that end.

Also a good opportunity to start an online business or something.

Morphorous

Kin
809💸
Kumi
21💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My Mom asked me to do facetime with them this Christmas day, I hope my boss will let me take off early so I can catch up with them. I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with this anxiety and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have. Merry Christmas.

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
My Mom asked me to do facetime with them this Christmas day, I hope my boss will let me take off early so I can catch up with them. I've stumbled upon looking for some ways to cope with this anxiety and I hope that anyone who reads this will find some good advice too as I have. Merry Christmas.
Do you kind of forget to breathe deeply when anxiety kicks in?