Elmage G Ace

Elite
Kin
2,624💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey guys! been a while, I'm done with college, so hopefully I'll be more active:p anyways I started this two months ago, but couldn't finish (still didn't finish duh!) but well I don't see myself going back to it.

There's a meaning to this artwork, it depicts what I was feeling at the time, but I'm out of time, so I'll edit with something poetic later, when I'm feeling a bit more Shakespearean!

You must be registered for see images

model
You must be registered for see images

Rest Resources can be seen here:

Note: For those wondering, it's a photo-mannipulation, and yes I'm ElmagexD

edit: At the finish line, the tunnel doorway, oh the celebration! But... shouldn't one be happier? Is this how I imagined it would be? Maybe not, but this is what I wanted, and this is real... I guess I should be grateful, and live in the moment, rather than dwell in some alternate reality. I'm finally living the dream.

Yeah yeah, it's not nearly poetic enough, my head is pre-occupied with codes, and circuit diagrams now:p

Last edited:

Hei

Supreme
Kin
263💸
Kumi
250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Those fancy titles lol xD
I would darken the edges more,the atmosphere is nice the only thing that feels unfinished are clouds,i thing you should have merged them more into bg so they wouldn't be so bright at night.

You make me want to make a photo-manilpulation myself man,kiu

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
what fancy photoshop skills you have

i get its surrealism but i dont like how theres a rainbow during the night. i also get this is photoshop and you took the picture of the girl from somewhere else to blend it but she looks dead, the moon light against her skin, idk if you can blend colors on photoshop but its not blended correctly. i dont think its noticeable to the untrained eye though but its very unnatural looking. you can also see too much little details of the castle from that perspective and distance during that time of day, it should be a lot darker in areas like the building furthest from the moon light and the trees look like theyre lighted by the sun, especially the orange one, the color should be different with that type of lighting. same goes with the ferry floating towards the subject, you could emphasize how the lighting effects it, especially when theres a lamp right there next too it, i should see more of that on the ship. the bottom half of the cloudy mist around the ship also doesnt look correct imo, there should be more of it surrounding the back half and bottom. also the reflection of the swans head closest to the subject in the water isnt right, there should be more ripple effect from the water and less mirror type reflecting

but overall not bad. i like seeing digital art like this from time to time, nice job. wouldve been nice to read your feelings behind the concept

Elmage G Ace

Elite
Kin
2,624💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Those fancy titles lol xD
I would darken the edges more,the atmosphere is nice the only thing that feels unfinished are clouds,i thing you should have merged them more into bg so they wouldn't be so bright at night.

You make me want to make a photo-manilpulation myself man,kiu
Well, like I said, it's unfinished, and there's a lot I didn't add too hehehe!!! It was actually meant to be a lil brighter;)

Wowwww you made her blend right in with them shading skills awesome work!!! KIU
Thanks xd
what fancy photoshop skills you have

i get its surrealism but i dont like how theres a rainbow during the night. i also get this is photoshop and you took the picture of the girl from somewhere else to blend it but she looks dead, the moon light against her skin, idk if you can blend colors on photoshop but its not blended correctly. i dont think its noticeable to the untrained eye though but its very unnatural looking. you can also see too much little details of the castle from that perspective and distance during that time of day, it should be a lot darker in areas like the building furthest from the moon light and the trees look like theyre lighted by the sun, especially the orange one, the color should be different with that type of lighting. same goes with the ferry floating towards the subject, you could emphasize how the lighting effects it, especially when theres a lamp right there next too it, i should see more of that on the ship. the bottom half of the cloudy mist around the ship also doesnt look correct imo, there should be more of it surrounding the back half and bottom. also the reflection of the swans head closest to the subject in the water isnt right, there should be more ripple effect from the water and less mirror type reflecting

but overall not bad. i like seeing digital art like this from time to time, nice job. wouldve been nice to read your feelings behind the concept
Well.... It is a photomanipulation, it's not meant to be overly realistic, especially when you consider the concept I had in mind, but like I said, it's unfinished, and I probably won't have time to come back to it lol! But I'll just explain the concept, so you'll get where I'm coming from with this.

There are two different worlds, the one above, and the one the girl resides, however it both are meant to have a dreamy look, hence why the blue and yellow/orange highlights are a little pronounce. The image of the girl doesn't show her face and the general atmosphere make the picture seem... "dead" as you say, and that's what I was going for... well somewhat.

The idea behind the artwork goes like this: It all starts with the will to dream, dream here signifies our desires, we sometimes fantasize about that moment that we are working towards over an over, and sometimes use it as a motivation to move forward, despite the difficulty, and sometimes we almost lose hope (which is meant to be identified by the cold feel around her) but the miracle happens(floating boat yay!), and we find ourselves in the position we always wanted (achieving our dream) but we also realize it is nothing like we imagined "Where did my dream go?", "Why do I feel the same?" the artwork does not show that unfortunately, since it's unfinished.

The artwork is also meant to in a way answer this questions, the most important aspect of achieving a goal/dream is the journey, that's why it taste sweeter if the journey was originally demanding, so by working towards a dream, we are already living the dream, or something like that.
The rainbow is added to signify the end of the journey, and perhaps the beginning of a new one, the floating castle is meant to have more trees, more effects, and a light source of it's own, conjured by a wizard, who was supposed to control the flying boat, another thing not added. The light that falls on her was supposed to come from from the ship, yeah it was meant to glow, that's why the highlight on her is also a lil too bright.
You also have to realize this is just so many unrelated pictures brought together, I have a lesser control than when I'm painting, but thanks for the input, I focused more on the big picture than the little details on this, because I wanted it to emulate an actual dream world, but that wasn't finished eitherT_T

I'll edit the main post later in a bit, telling how I felt at the time, but I recon you already get the idea;)

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well.... It is a photomanipulation, it's not meant to be overly realistic, especially when you consider the concept I had in mind, but like I said, it's unfinished, and I probably won't have time to come back to it lol! But I'll just explain the concept, so you'll get where I'm coming from with this.

There are two different worlds, the one above, and the one the girl resides, however it both are meant to have a dreamy look, hence why the blue and yellow/orange highlights are a little pronounce. The image of the girl doesn't show her face and the general atmosphere make the picture seem... "dead" as you say, and that's what I was going for... well somewhat.

The idea behind the artwork goes like this: It all starts with the will to dream, dream here signifies our desires, we sometimes fantasize about that moment that we are working towards over an over, and sometimes use it as a motivation to move forward, despite the difficulty, and sometimes we almost lose hope (which is meant to be identified by the cold feel around her) but the miracle happens(floating boat yay!), and we find ourselves in the position we always wanted (achieving our dream) but we also realize it is nothing like we imagined "Where did my dream go?", "Why do I feel the same?" the artwork does not show that unfortunately, since it's unfinished.

The artwork is also meant to in a way answer this questions, the most important aspect of achieving a goal/dream is the journey, that's why it taste sweeter if the journey was originally demanding, so by working towards a dream, we are already living the dream, or something like that.
The rainbow is added to signify the end of the journey, and perhaps the beginning of a new one, the floating castle is meant to have more trees, more effects, and a light source of it's own, conjured by a wizard, who was supposed to control the flying boat, another thing not added. The light that falls on her was supposed to come from from the ship, yeah it was meant to glow, that's why the highlight on her is also a lil too bright.
You also have to realize this is just so many unrelated pictures brought together, I have a lesser control than when I'm painting, but thanks for the input, I focused more on the big picture than the little details on this, because I wanted it to emulate an actual dream world, but that wasn't finished eitherT_T

I'll edit the main post later in a bit, telling how I felt at the time, but I recon you already get the idea;)
well its definitely more than manipulating a photo. its surrealism based on what youre manipulating them towards, though i understand what youre saying, its not a painting. but my eyes still look to those things immediately, cant help it. but its just critic and are valid things to consider. especially from an outside point of view of an unfinished piece without any explanation as to why said occurrences are happening, just makes it seem like you didnt think about it to someone like me

but i like the concept. you might as well finish it if youre this deep in. i never got how people are okay sharing unfinished projects

Elmage G Ace

Elite
Kin
2,624💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well its definitely more than manipulating a photo. its surrealism based on what youre manipulating them towards, though i understand what youre saying, its not a painting. but my eyes still look to those things immediately, cant help it. but its just critic and are valid things to consider. especially from an outside point of view of an unfinished piece without any explanation as to why said occurrences are happening, just makes it seem like you didnt think about it to someone like me

but i like the concept. you might as well finish it if youre this deep in. i never got how people are okay sharing unfinished projects
Work. I'm an engineer/programmer irl, and from December till the coming year it's a lot of work for me, so while it's possible I might go back to it, it's highly unlikely, as I have a lot of unfinished work not yet sharedxd

Still, thanks for the input, it's well appreciated^_^