Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Stands on Lili's head at the beach wearing swimming trunks and a snorkel [O-O]J

My first time with a sensei <_< hope I don't screw it up :rolleyes:

Reactions: Smirk

Josh

Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, water is a life-sustaining substance. We need it in order to survive. One can go almost a month with out food, but you cannot survive more than a few days without water; water makes up the majority of the human body. Water is a liquid at normal temperatures thus it can be manipulated quite easily. At high temperatures, water will change states and become steam and at lower temperatures water will become solid and turn to ice.

However, we are mainly dealing with normal temperatures so liquid form it is.^^ Though water is highly mobile and can be easily displaced, it is actually very difficult to compress. This gives water the ability to cut through solid objects when expelled at high velocities and also allows water to effectively stop solid objects moving at high speeds. For this reason, water is often used in combination with explosives to greatly enhance the explosive power.

Basically there is something called "surface tension" with water. In order to effectively pierce that surface tension, you need to use a sharpened object; otherwise, the more blunt the object is, the more resistance it face when coming into contact with water.

Water is strong against most fires, but an oil-based fire is the exception. Water is weak against earth, though there are ways to compensate for this.^^ (Maybe not in our RP though ._.)

Water can be used both offensively and defensively and can also be an extremely versatile element, though I personally would say that water has more strength when used defensively. Water can be combined with other elements to produce additional jutsu (Example: add a little bit of salt to water and it will conduct electricity quite well, though the salt isn't completely necessary.)

Did I miss anything? I would assume that water is still made up of 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom in the Narutoverse, but I can't be 100% sure :p

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, water is a life-sustaining substance. We need it in order to survive. One can go almost a month with out food, but you cannot survive more than a few days without water; water makes up the majority of the human body. Water is a liquid at normal temperatures thus it can be manipulated quite easily. At high temperatures, water will change states and become steam and at lower temperatures water will become solid and turn to ice.

However, we are mainly dealing with normal temperatures so liquid form it is.^^ Though water is highly mobile and can be easily displaced, it is actually very difficult to compress. This gives water the ability to cut through solid objects when expelled at high velocities and also allows water to effectively stop solid objects moving at high speeds. For this reason, water is often used in combination with explosives to greatly enhance the explosive power.

Basically there is something called "surface tension" with water. In order to effectively pierce that surface tension, you need to use a sharpened object; otherwise, the more blunt the object is, the more resistance it face when coming into contact with water.

Water is strong against most fires, but an oil-based fire is the exception. Water is weak against earth, though there are ways to compensate for this.^^ (Maybe not in our RP though ._.)

Water can be used both offensively and defensively and can also be an extremely versatile element, though I personally would say that water has more strength when used defensively. Water can be combined with other elements to produce additional jutsu (Example: add a little bit of salt to water and it will conduct electricity quite well, though the salt isn't completely necessary.)

Did I miss anything? I would assume that water is still made up of 2 hydrogen atoms and one oxygen atom in the Narutoverse, but I can't be 100% sure :p
Well, actually your answer was probably the most complete and well-written answer I've ever gotten. I believe we can start right away. So, me and Scorps are developing a new method of teaching Elemental Jutsus, based on my Gentle Fist method. Since it's an experimental method, if, at any point, you'd like to revert back to the typical boring one, please do say so. Any pointers would be much appreciated likewise.

Basically all Water Jutsus can fall in 5 categories, which is what I'm going to teach you. They will vary in power as the ranks go up, but their techniques are pretty much the same:

Method 1: Basic Projectiles
Method 2: Streams/Water Sources
Method 3: Water Manipulation
Method 4: Alternative Releases (Water/Oil/Syrup)
Method 5: Specifics (Body Liquid)

The first method is about focusing water chakra from within your body and then materialize it as a quick and concentrated projectile of water. They all follow the same method, concentrate water chakra on your gut, mold it by using handseals and then spit it out. You can try it now, spit out a ball of water towards that tree over there *points*

Explain the effects it would have on the tree, on an opponent or in battle. How you could use this method creatively.

Josh

Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Begins to focus my chakra, paying specific attention to developing it deep within my gut. Being new to this sort of thing, I can tell already that my chakra control is still kind of rough.

After a few moments I complete the necessary handseals and expel a very disappointing droplet. ._.

Well, it was supposed to be about the size of a beach ball and I was aiming to send it off at a moderate power level. It would have crushed/left a round impression on the tree before splashing to the ground, but I must try again. o^o

*Focuses a little harder and hurls a volleyball sized water ball straight towards the trunk of the tree, leaving a small dent in the bark and effectively soaking the area of impact.

Was that somewhat ok >_o

Lili-Chwan

Legendary
Kin
3,929💸
Kumi
2,318💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
*Begins to focus my chakra, paying specific attention to developing it deep within my gut. Being new to this sort of thing, I can tell already that my chakra control is still kind of rough.

After a few moments I complete the necessary handseals and expel a very disappointing droplet. ._.

Well, it was supposed to be about the size of a beach ball and I was aiming to send it off at a moderate power level. It would have crushed/left a round impression on the tree before splashing to the ground, but I must try again. o^o

*Focuses a little harder and hurls a volleyball sized water ball straight towards the trunk of the tree, leaving a small dent in the bark and effectively soaking the area of impact.

Was that somewhat ok >_o
Yes, pressure, blunt impact. Good.

Here is the list of techniques that employ this method (Handseal > Charge Water in Gut > Spit a Water Projectile). Like the method says, none of them require a water source.

(Suiton No Jutsu) - Water technique
Type: Supplementary/Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Damage Points:20
Description: Creates small waves of water,small blasts, and small shields of water.

This has other methods of preforming, but one of them is the ability to spit out small projectiles shaped like bullets. Should have the same speed as a throwing ball.

(Suiton: Teppoudama) - Water Style: Water Bullet
Type: Attack
Chakra cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Descripton: A large sphere of rotating water that is spit out of the users mouth that can blast a huge area leaving it soaked.

Bigger bullet, slightly faster given the rotation of the water and the increase of power.

(Suiton: Suikoundan) - Water Style: Water shark bomb
Description: A water projectile shaped like a shark that comes crashing down on the opponent.
(No water source required)

Similar to the ones above, but has the shape of a shark thus is more hydrodynamic and aerodynamic. It is still essentially a water projectile, so it won't change speed mid-air/underwater.

Type: Offense
Range: Short/Long
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user gathers water in their mouth and then spits out a large sphere of rotating water that can blast a huge area leaving it soaked.

Much bigger water shot, faster than previous ones.

(Suiton: Daikōdan no Jutsu) – Water Release: Great Shark Missile Technique
Range: Short – Long
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: 80
Description: The user performs Tiger – Serpent hand seals to create a stronger version of the Water Release: Water shark Bomb technique, which creates a gigantic shark, far larger than the user, to attack the opponent. This technique differs from its parent jutsu in being able to absorb the chakra from an opponent's technique, and in turn use that chakra to grow larger and more powerful.
Note: Technique can only absorb up to B rank level techniques.

The strongest water projectile technique. Is basically the same as the Shark projectile I mentioned previously, at a much bigger scale and with the power to absorb weaker techniques without loosing power or speed, which translates in the jutsus being incorporated into the shark (Earth adds debris which increases the tangibility/mass f the shark, Fire heats it up, Water adds more substance/mass, Lightning electrifies it, Wind lowers the temperature and sharpens the edges, increasing speed).

Josh

Legendary
Kin
855💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yes, pressure, blunt impact. Good.

Here is the list of techniques that employ this method (Handseal > Charge Water in Gut > Spit a Water Projectile). Like the method says, none of them require a water source.

(Suiton No Jutsu) - Water technique
Type: Supplementary/Attack/Defence
Damage Points:20
Description: Creates small waves of water,small blasts, and small shields of water.

This has other methods of preforming, but one of them is the ability to spit out small projectiles shaped like bullets. Should have the same speed as a throwing ball.

Descripton: A large sphere of rotating water that is spit out of the users mouth that can blast a huge area leaving it soaked.

Bigger bullet, slightly faster given the rotation of the water and the increase of power.

(Suiton: Suikoundan) - Water Style: Water shark bomb
Description: A water projectile shaped like a shark that comes crashing down on the opponent.
(No water source required)

Similar to the ones above, but has the shape of a shark thus is more hydrodynamic and aerodynamic. It is still essentially a water projectile, so it won't change speed mid-air/underwater.

Type: Offense
Range: Short/Long
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: The user gathers water in their mouth and then spits out a large sphere of rotating water that can blast a huge area leaving it soaked.

Much bigger water shot, faster than previous ones.

(Suiton: Daikōdan no Jutsu) – Water Release: Great Shark Missile Technique
Range: Short – Long
Chakra cost: 40
Damage points: 80
Description: The user performs Tiger – Serpent hand seals to create a stronger version of the Water Release: Water shark Bomb technique, which creates a gigantic shark, far larger than the user, to attack the opponent. This technique differs from its parent jutsu in being able to absorb the chakra from an opponent's technique, and in turn use that chakra to grow larger and more powerful.
Note: Technique can only absorb up to B rank level techniques.

The strongest water projectile technique. Is basically the same as the Shark projectile I mentioned previously, at a much bigger scale and with the power to absorb weaker techniques without loosing power or speed, which translates in the jutsus being incorporated into the shark (Earth adds debris which increases the tangibility/mass f the shark, Fire heats it up, Water adds more substance/mass, Lightning electrifies it, Wind lowers the temperature and sharpens the edges, increasing speed).
*Begins practicing...

What would you like for me to do next?