[Suggestion] Like/Dislike System and Rep System..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akаsh

Supreme
Kin
10💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yes exactly..
instead of i approve and i disapprove let it be lik and dislike instead of a whole new system of like and dislike which does nothing...
its a minor change but if you want social look which all the admins are looking for, then why not?
Why? People are that lazy to click on the star and then choose ''Approve or Disapprove''?
then they make it so that you can only rep daily and when you try to abuse it, it says "you've already given like to this user, blah, blah, blah"

that's how rep abuse was prevented
yes exactly..
instead of i approve and i disapprove let it be lik and dislike instead of a whole new system of like and dislike which does nothing...
its a minor change but if you want social look which all the admins are looking for, then why not?

Last edited:

The Legendary Noob

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yes exactly..
it's not even a social look, it just looks the same but every post has thumbs that are rip offs of facebook's thumbs, rofl
what they need to do is add a IM chatbox

Akаsh

Supreme
Kin
10💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yes exactly..
it's not even a social look, it just looks the same but every post has thumbs that are rip offs of facebook's thumbs, rofl
what they need to do is add a IM chatbox
I disagree with im chat box ... we already have vm's

Aoihime

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All I'm saying is that it should just replace rep.

What i mean is let rep be called as likes and dislikes instead of approve and disapprove when you click on the star...
You are forgetting that different people have different rep powers. Just leave it how it is. Giving likes the power of rep will lead to the system being abused. If people really think you deserve rep they will give it to you

Akаsh

Supreme
Kin
10💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are forgetting that different people have different rep powers. Just leave it how it is. Giving likes the power of rep will lead to the system being abused. If people really think you deserve rep they will give it to you
Well
since not many are in favor i guess i agree with you...

well so much for that XD

Josh

Legendary
Kin
883💸
Kumi
75💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
First off, the main difference between the rep system and the like/dislike system is the fact you can see what posts are liked/disliked where individual reps are hidden. Why is this important? Reputation would show how much a specific member is liked/known within the community, and that system achieves it. However, it is an older system which was also abused heavily so its use has been in decline, but that is also why a person's reputation is more significant now: harder to achieve.

The like/dislike system is different on the other hand because it is designed to show how members like/dislike certain posts or threads publicly. Every site nowadays has a feature similar to this. They are two different systems for achieving two separate results. By not having this system affect the reputation system, it can't really be abused and therefore a person's ability to like or dislike freely (though dislike has apparently been restricted) is protected and it also achieves the 'social' aspect that the admins are looking for. If the like system did affect reputation, its use would be restricted in the same way the current reputation system is limited, and thus would fail to achieve the social look, because members would only be able to like/dislike 1 post of each member until they like/dislike enough of other members posts. For someone like me, I tend to only rep certain posts by a limited group of people, and it may be months or even a year before the same person gets another rep from me.

What that means is, if we combined the two, chances are anyone visiting the site would see few, if any, likes since you wouldn't be able to like/dislike at will.

Are both systems a bit pointless? In a way, but several members including myself, enjoy them both and value how each allows us to express ourselves. It also cuts down on the generic "i agree (but will not add any other input)" posts since simply clicking like or dislike expresses that agreement or disagreement.

-J

Reactions: Icelerate and Rohan

Akаsh

Supreme
Kin
10💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First off, the main difference between the rep system and the like/dislike system is the fact you can see what posts are liked/disliked where individual reps are hidden. Why is this important? Reputation would show how much a specific member is liked/known within the community, and that system achieves it. However, it is an older system which was also abused heavily so its use has been in decline, but that is also why a person's reputation is more significant now: harder to achieve.

The like/dislike system is different on the other hand because it is designed to show how members like/dislike certain posts or threads publicly. Every site nowadays has a feature similar to this. They are two different systems for achieving two separate results. By not having this system affect the reputation system, it can't really be abused and therefore a person's ability to like or dislike freely (though dislike has apparently been restricted) is protected and it also achieves the 'social' aspect that the admins are looking for. If the like system did affect reputation, its use would be restricted in the same way the current reputation system is limited, and thus would fail to achieve the social look, because members would only be able to like/dislike 1 post of each member until they like/dislike enough of other members posts. For someone like me, I tend to only rep certain posts by a limited group of people, and it may be months or even a year before the same person gets another rep from me.

What that means is, if we combined the two, chances are anyone visiting the site would see few, if any, likes since you wouldn't be able to like/dislike at will.

Are both systems a bit pointless? In a way, but several members including myself, enjoy them both and value how each allows us to express ourselves. It also cuts down on the generic "i agree (but will not add any other input)" posts since simply clicking like or dislike expresses that agreement or disagreement.

-J
thanks for pointing out why these systems were introduced :D
i see.. i didnt know like/dislike serves that purpose too..
i guess i didnt notice it..

Reactions: Josh
Status
Not open for further replies.