Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hi I haven't posted in like forever! But anyway I hope you guys enjoy the story and feel free to tell me if I should continue it. THAnks and BIE

Light Hope

“Shhhh,” said loudly, “They're gonna find us.” She and I were hiding in the red rose bushes.They were big and bushy and close to a bunch of other big red bushes. It was an easy hiding spot but that's what made it good, everyone didn't expect us to be hiding in the easiest spot, best plan ever, but it was gonna be ruined if Yanes didn't stop giggling so much, why was she giggling I never knew. She always giggled for no apparent reason, but I knew that if kept on shushing her that we will never be found. “Shhhh, we will be found, stop GIGGLING.” She giggled then said, “Sorry it's just that it's funny.”
“What,” I replied falling for her trap.
“Your face,” then she giggled more.
“You're a douche,” I said angrily.
I thought in a time like this she thinks about making fun of me. It's not that I had a funny looking face it's just that she liked making jokes about people any time of the day, 24/7 no matter the condition she's in or you're in. So I thought of a really smart plan to shut her up. I mimicked her giggling: Hew, hew, ha, ha,” and of course it didn't make her stop she just laughed louder than before. This made us noticeable from behind the bush and the next thing I know is Oharu standing right over the bush saying “I found you!!” I got mad and ran, ran away from the play site and ran up the tree, our tree the tree that everyone liked. The place I ran off to every time I was mad really mad.
“Hori, get down from there you don't have to take everything seriously,” Comes called.
“Yes I do, I was gonna win, if Yanes wasn't laughing her butt off,” I replied.
I was looking down at the group of 10 from the tree. The group could’ve easily climbed up the tree but because Comes told them not to, they didn't. He was the leader of our group of ten because he was the oldest member. He was older than us by one year and it was because of this that we followed his laws or direction.
“Come down Hori we can't play if you're up in the tree, just forget about it,” Comes said in the cool older person tone which made me feel like he was trying to be in charge, and that always pissed me off. So I responded like any ordinary spoiled brat and said, “NO.”That was the end of the conversation with me. Comes and everyone knew that once I said no, I meant it. So Comes and everyone turned and left, including the laughing witch; Yanes. After they all left, I stayed in the tree as a teardrop fell from one of my eyes. I was mad for losing, I was mad at leaving my best friends, at Yanes, at crying for this and at, at everything. So I looked at the sky then the leaves in the tree, it was my favorite thing in the world, the only thing that made me calm down. Until I heard a crack in the leaves behind me, when I looked back Nico was there.
“Get down Nico I don’t want anyone here,” I said as I looked away from him and wiped my cheek. Nico was one of the quietest and caring kids in the whole world. He was the youngest of the group, born in late December. His hair was white and droopy, it covered his left eye, and his face was always kept closed and quiet. His eye color today gleamed sorta silver like. How I noticed this quickly when I was looking away was weird. I tend to notice things like this: the smallest of details yet missing out the biggest ones.
“I didn’t come here to convince you to play, I came to watch the sky,” Nico barely said in a whisper. Nico looked through the leaves and watched like he said he would. As much as I didn’t want him here I felt comfort and happy.
“Nico.”
“Hmm.”
“Thank You.”
He looked back at me confused, “Why.”
“You don’t care if I am a sole loser or a sole winner, so I thank you.” There was a moment of silence as the wind blew through the leaves. Nico smiled at me, and that's when I noticed, I’ve never seen his teeth before. They were so white it made me jealous.
“You're not a sole loser Hori you just don't wanna lose, nor do I or does anyone,” He said. He turned back to the to the sky and stared. There was a long silence as we stared, I couldn't help but smile as we stared. My favorite spot was better with a few friends even if it was one. Not too long later I could hear the crunch of leaves and when I turned back I could see Yanes, Comes, Nari, Tobes, Enes, Labe, Kira, and Oharu all climbing up the tree. Yanes wasn’t laughing or giggling instead she looked kinda sad, her dreadful look didn't match her playful type of attitude, and that thought made me feel a little bit sad. She said to me, “Sorry,” in such a sincere voice that I felt mad at myself, but she continued, “For making you mad and lose the game…. Could you forgive me,” I looked away embarrassed then said, “No prob, I also am sorry too for making fun or your laugh.”She laughed at the remembrance of my horrible version of her laugh and I laughed at it too. After that, I looked at Comes for apologizing but he just sat on a branch as Yanes and her buddy Nari leaned on the trunk of the tree.
We all sat there on the tree as the sky turned red. Nari and Yanes went to sleep, Tobes had climbed higher up the tree wanting to get a better look at the sky. Nico stayed in his position not moving and Enes had to go home being the fact that his parents were worried sick if he didn't come home. Labe started to hum a soothing tone. He was always the one that hummed when the group was quiet. We all know that if he grew up he would be a famous singer but for now, he was our famous singer. Oharu, was trying to keep himself up but was constantly about to fall off his branch was still awake, and the only reason he didn't fall was because of Comes, who kept him up. I was sitting on my very own branch just looking at the red sky as the sun sunk over the hills in the distance. Comes knew what I was thinking and patted my head and shook his head no. I didn't want to listen to him but I knew he was right what was behind those hills, wasn't for me, our group, or for anybody. As the sun set Oharu slept, Labe still humming sleepy, Comes laid back Oharu on the trunk of the tree and watched him sleep. I watched him sleep too, Oharu was like the child in our group that everyone wanted to take care of, he may not have been the youngest but he certainly seemed like it. I could hear a laugh up a top of the tree a laugh I wasn't very familiar with; Kira’s. She was always the one I forgot that was there, being the fact that she doesn't really hang around with us always. She usually has a lot of studying to do and almost never has time to hang out with us. So when she’s around I don't usually pay attention to her, hearing her laugh was just odd and a little strange to me. Just then Nico said excitedly, “Look, Look.” I looked thru the cracks and saw thousands of little lights dashing across the sky, the night sky turned a dangerous color of red. I smiled and laughed at the view, Nico too, even Tobes and Kira. Labe stopped humming and also stared in awe. The only person who wasn't awed was Comes, his eyes were wide with fear, horror like he knew something we didn't. I looked at him, my happy expression washed away, “What’s wrong.”
Nico, Labe, Kira, and Tobes who climbed down turned to Comes. “The Village,” was all he said and he climbed down the tree and ran toward the direction of the village I climbed down and followed him, behind me Tobes followed and behind him, Labe was there leaving Kira at the end of the line and Nico stayed to wake up the others. So we all followed Comes up to the village and found what was the saddest sight I ever saw, so I cried. The village was burned, destroyed, gone. There was burned humans all over the village. Comes ran threw the destroyed land yelling “MOM, DAD, ENES, MOM, DAD, ENES!!!” I yelled and yelled, “ENES, ENES” When Nico and the others finally arrived. Yanes and Nari screamed and cried, Nico was speechless, he didn't cry or yell he just stared. Oharu wasn't crying he was yelling, “Mom come back, Dad where are you, Enes your alive show yourself. Kira was crying so much her eyes reddened. Labe was on the ground banging the floor with his fists. Tobes was crying while yelling Enes’s name.
The night was lighted up by the flames that still burned and Comes, Oharu, and Nari still searched while the rest of us cried. I had knelled down and threw my head up to face the shining diamonds in the sky. I saw Orion and the constellation my friends made for this season. It was abstract, very abstract. The creature was made by everyone's imagination, it was a four-headed dog of the dead that had vampire wings and vampire fangs, that also had red lipstick which you can't really notice if you were looking at the constellation. The idea of the whole constellation was Enes idea and the thought of that made me cry even more. I could even hear him calling me now, the noise was faint and under me: “Hori, Hori” the voice said. I stopped crying so I could listen more carefully, then heard it again: “Hori, Hori.” The voice was coming from under the rubble I was over. I started to dig, my body going on automatic, guided by the voice, I dug and dug. The wood scraped my knees, the cement bruised my fingers as I pulled the ruble apart.
I dug and dug and dug through the cement, through the wood, through the dirt, through the pain until I saw his face. The always messy brown hair and fun looking face are what I saw. The brown eyes which I always noticed he tried to hide by avoiding eye contact were staring right into my eyes. The now burn on the side of his cheek was new but his face was all I was happy to see.
“COMES,” I called out to Comes, “I found HIM!!!”
Comes turned and ran to where I was and saw the still alive Enes. He dug the rest of Enes body with the help from me and Tobes who was now helping out. What we dug out was horror. The wood rubble, from the fire, had squashed the entire lower half of his arm and waist. Below Enes was a bloody, bruised and red legs. Everyone else rushed to see Enes and were relieved yet horrified. Nari was the first to cry then Yanes after came to Oharu. Labes teared up and was holding back tears, Tobes simply looked away, he couldn't bare the sight.I was bowling on his stomach. Kira keeled and touched his face while she was crying. Comes kneeled down to hold Enes' head. Nico was motionless, not moving or blinking, I think not even breathing. Everyone still watched, even Tobes who looked away as Comes held his head and Kira who touched his face. Enes was spitting out blood threw his mouth because the wood had jarred him threw the lunges. He moved his head across from Tobes, Nari, Yanes, Oharu, Labes, Nico, Kira and finally stopped at Comes. Enes grimaced in pain then faced toward the sky. The night was filled with many stars as they faded away. He then said….
“I’m sorry, I didn't follow the rules. I - am - leaving the group, everyone.”
“That's not true, it wasn't your fault,” Nari shouted
“Don't say that,” Yanes yelled
“Don't leave us,” Oharu cried
“Come back to us,” Tobes commanded
“You're my best friend, please don’t go,” Labes stated.
“I’m not going to let you go,” Nico promised as he went to Enes and started digging and pushing the dirt around Enes.
“Your joking, Enes, your joking,” I questioned.
“It won't be the same without you,” Kira said in a whisper. Enes looked up like he was about to cry.
“You were a good member Enes,” Comes said as Enes body became lifeless, “Sleep Enes, sleep, You are no longer a ranger.” Enes' eyes became blank as we all cried, except Comes. He closed Enes' eyes, Nico had just managed to clear the dirt around Enes. Comes lifted Enes and walked, he walked, and walked, and walked all the way to the tree. Our Tree. He laid the sleeping Enes down and sat next to him. I couldn’t see his eyes, I couldn't see if he was crying or not and it made me mad that he didn't cry a single tear for Enes like he didn't care for Enes like he would sit down next to our dead bodies anytime. I was made more and more mad as I watched him sit there and watch the sky.
“It is beautiful,” Comes said. That's when I realized what was happening. Kira sat down next to Comes. Oharu did the same then Nari followed. Tobes sat down, then Nico, after he came to Labes. Yanes sat down, then waited for me. I got what was happening but I was mad.
“How can you do THIS, he is dead, DEAD! How can you all sit down like he is only sleeping! Comes how can you not cry a tear, not a drop. Yanes,” she was starting to smiling and sorta giggling, “how do you giggle at a time like this? Labes,” he was starting to hum a peaceful tone, “how do, do do you hum when this is happening.” I yelled at all of them. Comes got up and walked to me. He pushed me down to the ground. I looked up to him trying to see his eyes. He looked down at me mad.
“How can you stay sad when he left the Rangers? He is no longer part of us. He is a boy who is sleeping in peace. Your stupid Hori, your stupid. What do you think Enes would want us to do? Crying and moaning when someone is sleeping is stupid. Hori, Yanes laughs cause she’s crying. Labes sings cause he can't, we all sit cause we can't stand. I don't cry cause…. I AM.”
I looked up at his eyes. He was crying a silent cry. He went back and sat down, looking back at the sky. I sat down next to Yanes as she smiled. We all sat down looking up at the stars, crying yet not. The hills looked more daunting now they seemed to be the only path now there was nothing on this side but the burned village. But I chose not to think about that now, all I had to do was stare at the fading away stars and see the sunrise.