[Discussion] Life vs Anime

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I always had this weird feeling that i was wasting my life by watching Anime. It's because i realised that most animes tell a story (hopefully) and that the story often relates to the lives of fictional characters. So when we watch animes, we spend time out of our own lives to watch fictional entities living their lives. I know it sounds bare-metal, but, thats what i have reduced it to.

Do you think that watching anime wastes the time that we have in our own lives?

Or Do you think that watching anime helps us learn things about our own lives?

I know it sounds like a silly question, but it has always bugged me.

Flakez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's because i realised that most animes tell a story (hopefully) and that the story often relates to the lives of fictional characters. So when we watch animes, we spend time out of our own lives to watch fictional entities living their lives
Same goes for movies and tv shows.

It's not a wasted time if you're enjoying it.

A01

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That depends a lot on what someone's own personal values are.
For me, the purpose of life is to live happily and enjoy as many moments out of my entire life as possible. So if watching a lot of anime was what made me happy without being a detriment, then I don't think it would be a waste of time.
Although I don't watch much anime at all.
Everything in moderation :)

A01

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That depends a lot on what someone's own personal values are.
For me, the purpose of life is to live happily and enjoy as many moments out of my entire life as possible. So if watching a lot of anime was what made me happy without being a detriment, then I don't think it would be a waste of time.
Although I don't watch much anime at all.
Everything in moderation :)

CloyEscapade

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I feel like there isn't enough really great anime to watch in this world... A lot of it is mediocre so if you're watching everything than yes you're wasting you're life

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It depends on how much you watch.

I only follow onepiece and naruto. So in the whole week, i just watch both episodes and read the onepiece manga which doesnt take more than 50min of my week. I dont mind.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Watching anime is categorized into my free time, so no I don't see it as wasting my life. Heck if you do anything and it makes you happy/ease/comfort, then it can't be a waste of time-at least at that moment Lol

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Have you heard about a boy who died from imitating Gaara. Look that up boy.
He was like 6 or 7 years old though, playing Naruto with his friends in a sand pit. They were playing at Sand Coffin and when the boy started to struggle, they didn't realize he was in trouble; they thought he was just playing.

His death was an accident...