Kin
3,688💸
Kumi
31,205💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey and welcome Michelle,

Are you ready to get started in the rp?

I'll wait until you reply and then work on that post i promised with all those links to help you get started, and when you're ready we can dive straight into the role play, first by making your bio ^_^

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Some very admirable goals!

As you may be aware, this is a text based roleplaying system, where we act out and battle on a forum. I will go into more detail about battles and how that all works later but for now lets introduce you to the RP!

Now, as you may already know there are a few different area's of the Naruto Role Playing section, and we are gonna go over each one of them in more detail so you can get an understanding of just how fun and exciting this is!

Now! Which area would you like to start with?

Konoha Town:

The non RP section of our area, where we have mostly discussions, non-RP related evens such as trivia games, lotteries, drafts etc.

Biographies:

One of the most common area's to start with, as everything you'll need to do in the RP will involve a Biography, (or Bio for short) and this is that section. You may have questions like what are the differences, how do I get one, how do i get stronger etc.Training will also be covered in this area.

▸Canon vs Custom Bios
▸Ranks
▸Specialties
▸Special Abilities (and their combinations HA/AE/KG/Mode)

Battling:

This is one of the key, core components of our RP, being able to fight each other! In this section youll learn all about how to start a battle, what rules we use, technical terms and their meanings such as Time Frame, Elemental interactions, how to resolve arguements etc.

▸Time-frame
▸Blocking, avoiding, dodging
▸Disagreements, quoting, and quoting etiquette
▸Official vs Unofficial battles

The Ninja World or Warring States Era (WSE):

Our Ninja World is the area where you can explore and create your very own story! Do you want to create your own village, do you want to be a rogue and start an Akatsuki all on your own? What ever you want to do, its possible in our Ninja World!

▸Missions (Very important)
▸Clans
▸Story Arcs

Customs:

This is the section that allows you to personalize your arsenal, what you can make, how to make them, and what the rules are for each section.

▸CJ (Custom Jutsu)
▸CFS (Custom Fighting Style)
▸CE/CEJ (Custom Elements and Custom Element Jutsus)
▸CC/CCJ (Custom Clans and Custom Clan Jutsu)
▸CW (Custom Weapons)
▸CT (Custom Technology)

Is there any section youd particularly like to learn first?

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
I will be taking over your training orientation now as we spoke about!

Ranks!
So lets start with the absolute basics, right now your rank is Academy Student. Taking a look at the academy student rank:

Academy Student:
  • The default bio rank

• Base health = 35 / Base chakra = 300
  • 2 basic elements + 1 basic ninja skill up to C-ranks
  • Able to submit up to C-rank customs of any learned fields
This is where you start, when you are new to the RP. The next rank that you will go up to is a Genin. In order to rank up, you will need completion of 4 D/C-rank missions and/or battles We will go into these in more depth a little later on, the Battles in the Battle Arena Section and Missions in the Ninja World Section.

As you rank up, you unlock more elements and abilities with your bios, for example, a Genin can use
  • 3 basic elements + 2 basic ninja skills up to B-rank.
A Chuunin can use
  • 4 basic elements + 4 basic ninja skills up to A-ranks (1 basic element up to S-ranks)
While a Jounin can use
  • 5 basic elements + 4 basic ninja skills up to F-ranks
while finally the last rank, Sage has a few more substantial bonuses to its rank.
Each of these ranks require different specifics to be completed.

As I said above, I will go into more details about battle and missions and ranking up later but for now lets just focus on Bios and ranks.

The Academy student can have 2 Basic Elements, which means you can choose from

-Fire
-Water
-Earth
-Lightning, and
-Wind

as well as 1 basic ninja skill which are

-Kenjutsu
-Taijutsu
-Genjutsu, and
-Basic ninjutsu.

Lets go back to elements for a moment.
Each of these have a strength and weakness to one other element, while some combine to form Advanced Elements such as water and wind to create Ice Release.
The following picture demonstrates the relationship between the elements.
You must be registered for see images

ire is strong to Wind but weak to Water
Water is strong to Fire but weak to Earth
Earth is strong to Water but weak to Lightning
Lightning is strong to Earth but weak to Wind, and
Wind is strong to Lightning but weak to Fire.

Effectively what this means is that if X element is strong to Y element, then it will gain one (1) rank against it when calculating interactions.
For example:

Person 1 releases an A-Rank Fireball Technique. Person 2 counters by releasing a A-Rank Waterball Technique.

1) First you determine the naturally stronger element, in this case the Water Technique
2) Now that you determined the stronger element, you merely consider the Water Ball to be S-Rank ONLY against the Fireball Technique. It has NOT actually gone through any change to be considered S-Rank.
3) Now that you know the level of each, you determine the Rank setup and outcome.

The water would continue towards the opponent.

For more information when it comes to advanced element interactions, such as Ice, Scorch, Wood etc, you can check the Elemental Interactions Guide Here:
https://animebase.me/threads/±±-elements-weaknesses-correct-usage-and-guidelines-±±.718942/

Do you have any questions so far?
Is there any particular element(s) that stand out to you or that you like most?

Reactions: Michelle

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So atm I am an Academy Student.

I wish to make a Hyuuga bio, Hynata :hinata: if possible, with an awakened byakugan to see the chakra flow and I want to study battle jutsus after I've learned medjutsu. I know that some things costs a lot of kumi so I would spend all my 40 kumi I have now...
You must be registered to see images

umm.. holly molly ...it's not enough, isn't it?
But i will not give up!
updated now 2043 kumi

About elements lightning and water and as basic skill taijutsu - it's anyway a Hyuuga's forte. As academy student can I have the Hynata's level at the Chuunin exams?
You must be registered for see medias

Last edited:

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*sits down on the soft green grass of the training ground and studies the scrolls*

Sensei, in battle or training how and when I recover the chakra I'm spending?
1- For eg if a training implies using a jutsu and I run out of chakra after how much time or posts I can train again?
2- Do I need external aid? Food or medjudsu..
3- If I spend all my chakra my RP character dies and I have to restart?
4- My first battles can only be with other academy students?
5- if I receive a deadly attack my RP character dies and I have to restart?

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Ok so lets go over the questions you asked:

1:
As academy student can I have the Hynata's level at the Chuunin exams

Yes, Academy students can learn up to C rank jutsu, and the technique itself is a C rank!

(Dōjutsu: Byakugan) Eye Technique: The All Seeing White Eye

Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15 (+5 per turn to keep active)
Damage: N/A
Description: The kekkei genkai intrinsic to both the Hyūga and Ōtsutsuki clans—descendants of Kaguya Ōtsutsuki. Those who possess this dōjutsu have it manifested as eyes with featureless white irides and no visible pupils. And when activated, the pupils become more distinct and the veins near their temples bulge. To activate the dōjutsu, Hyuga but not Ōtsutsuki clan members are initially obliged to use a rather long and specific sequence of handseals: Horse → Tiger → Boar → Hare → Rat → Dog → Horse → Dog → Hare → Rat → Boar → Snake. But once activated, the dōjutsu user is endowed with a range of skills.

To start, an activated Byakugan gives the user a near 360º diameter field of vision bar one blind spot at the back of the neck, above the first thoracic vertebra. Its vision can penetrate through any solid objects or obstructions, and likewise remains unaffected by blinding interferences. But that being said, certain barriers and the like may distort its perception. In addition, it is able to follow high-speed movements, which enables those with this dōjutsu to analyze their foes' actions and better react to them. The Byakugan is also able to see chakra to a higher degree than the Sharingan and ergo, identify where a person's chakra signature originates from. Beyond that, it can discern certain types of clones from the real person. And its ability to see chakra is in fact so acute that those who possess this dōjutsu are even able to see the chakra pathway system and the 361 tenketsu that comprise it. The Hyūga clan has gone so far as to develop their unique Gentle Fist style in order to capitalize on this particular ability.

Note: Hyuga clan bios of at least Jounin rank become able to passively activate their dōjutsu upon one month having passed since Gentle Fist training concluded. Ōtsutsuki bios never need to expend a move in order to activate it.
Note: While traversing the NW, bios with activated Byakugan are able to see up to two 2 adjacent landmarks away while those of sage rank can see as far as three away, but this doesn't extend beyond an ocean landmark.

Then lets go over these other questions!

1- For eg if a training implies using a jutsu and I run out of chakra after how much time or posts I can train again?
In training, usually we do not keep count of chakra, however, if you wish to RP your chakra count, note that the rules in the Ninja World state that you regains 10% of your chakra everyday, so lets say as a student you have 300 chakra, every day you would get 30 points back.

2- Do I need external aid? Food or medjudsu..
You do not need food whiule training or in the ninja world, however you can also roleplay stopping at a bar to eat or do what ever you like!
Certain medical pills can be bought in the ninja world, as well as given to you when you learn medical jutsu that can help you.

3- If I spend all my chakra my RP character dies and I have to restart?
No, in our ninja world, there is no "permanent death". I will explain more when we go into it but for now just know that if your health or chakra reaches 0, you have to wait 7 days, before you can revive.

4- My first battles can only be with other academy students?
That is not true, you can fight others that are higher ranks than you. It might be harder, bnut you can also have rules such as only up to C rank ninjutsu placed on your battle. For ever rank above your own, you get an additional 0.5 points towards the battle.
As you saw above, you need 4 battles of equal rank against other academy student to rank up to Genin. However lets say for example you fight against a Chuunin, who is 2 ranks above, this means that the battle will count for 2 points. And then youd need only 2 more point to rank up to Genin.

5- if I receive a deadly attack my RP character dies and I have to restart?
No, as I said above, there is no death in the ninja world, you can revive after 7 days. If you wish to RP that your character died and pick another character or start again, that is completely up to you, however it is completely your choice.
Battles in the Battle Arena have no impact on your characters life or health. They are just treated as skirmishes.

Do you have any other questions, or should I move on to the different kinds of bios that you can make and how to get them?

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
So now that youre familiar with ranks, we can move onto bios and the difference between Canon and Custom bios.

Canon bios are one that were shown in the show, characters such as Sasuke, Naruto, 4th Raikage, Tsunade, etc. These bios have set abilities that cannot be modified, or changed.
Custom bios on the other hand are bios that you can make that combine different abilities, such as Uzumaki Clan and Sharingan. Or perhaps Steel Release and Aburame Bugs.

Canon bio usually have abilities that you cannot get or put onto a custom character (unless you win special prizes in tournaments or events) such as Minato's teleportation, or Tsunade/Sakura's White Seal of Strength. These abilities are unique to the characters and cannot be put onto custom characters you make, so that canon characters are still viable and used in our RP.

Custom bios follow some rules but allow you to be a lot more customisation with your abilities.
For a full list of abilities and characters you can check out the list here:
https://animebase.me/threads/bio-rules-quick-access.718945/post-20849129

But some examples we have are things like Blast release, Steel Release, Uzumaki Clan, Sand Manipulation, Paper, Sage mode, Ink ninjutsu, Madara Uchiha, Sasori, etc etc.

Important notes to consider when making your bio is that you can put more than one ability on your bio, but as I said before there are some rules to this.
Each type of ability falls into a specific catagory. So for example, Steel Release is called an Advanced Element. Same with most other Elemental type abilities.
Something like Nara or Inuzuka is under HA or Hidden abilities.
Sharingan, sand manipulation are Kekkei Genkai, Sage mode, Eight Inner Gates are mode
And Ink ninjutsu and bubblegum ninjutsu are under Advanced ninjutsu.

For more rules about what you can and cannot combine, its best to check this post to see if you can add some of them together:
https://animebase.me/threads/bio-rules-quick-access.718945/post-20849122

But the rule of thumb is generally you can have One Mode and One Advanced ninjutsu if you have One Ability (AE, HA or KG)
But if you have two AE/KG/HA then you cannot have a mode or Adv Ninjutsu.

Ill note here really quickly as well that, if you choose to make a canon character such as Madara or Minato etc, you can still change the appearance of the character to who ever you wish. This is called a bio skin. This allwos you to change the appearance or personality of someone but still have the abilities. For example you could change Tsunade to All Might from My Hero Academia etc.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My favourite female character it's Hynata Hyuuga and I will go with her appareance. But a canon bio of her it's not so good because she was never a medical kunoichi. So i have to make a custom bio taking from the canon part the Hyuuga taijutsu style and the byakugan adding that I'm studying medjutsu?
The bio it's updating after each achievement? I mean after I become a chuunin I make the same bio with the changes for the rank to B of the existent jutsu and adding one element and one jutsu? Or I have to make a completely new bio?
I will start to work at the bio asap. Can I post the work in progress or I have to finish it and post it all?
Post automatically merged:

Actually I won the gennin rank in yesterday's Advent calendar challenge https://animebase.me/threads/advent-calendar-day-10.765333/post-21872635
so I have to start from this rank.

Last edited:

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
This is a good time to jump in and explain about kumi and how to make your bio stronger!

Now if you follow those links above youll see that there is a section called "universal skills". These skills are able to be used by any bio regardless of whether its canon or custom. Youll find that Medjutsu is listed under there. So even if you wanted to make Hinata, you can still give her Medjutsu as well!

But now we move onto how to get these abilities! The Naruto Role play uses a unique system called Kumi. You get kumi from posting in the roleplay and naruto discussion section, starting threads, winning battles and completing missions.

Next, if you look up the top of the forum, youll see a button labeled shop. Clicking this will take yoi to the shops, and then you want to click the official Kumi shop.

Here is where you will find every ability and character you cam purchase. Remember, some have requirements youll need before being able to buy.

Its handy to note that as a beginner to the RP you will be given 2000 kumi to start and then an additional 3000 once you finish this orientation!

And congratulations on winning Genin rank! Thats fantastic! One rank down!

Homework!
Can you find and see how much medjutsu costs?

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Yes that is correct!
Note as well the rank requirement needed to learn medjutsu!
Now lets move on to making your bio, as you asked for help.
Why dont you post what you have done so far here and we can take a look?

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okey Sensei :hinata: without bolding and colouring text which will come last

Motto: "it doesn't matter if you die in youth or old-geezer man age, but it's not the same to die a lion or a chained dog" (romanian bad translated poetry, please tell me if it has an english good meaning)

Basic informations:

Name: Hynata Hyuuga
Nickname: Michelle (if allowed)
Clan: Hyuuga, main branch family
Looks: Hynata Hyuuga is a tall and strong kunoichi with brown hair and green eyes who turns white when she activates byakugan.
Her charm it's never observed because of her armor of shyness, but at a second look you can see it. She has the hair braided usually, on missions and daily life.
She dreses without fancy clothes but with maximum of utility, usually with her lilac coloured hood, black pants and ninja sandals. Her body is stronger than looks and her mind is sharp.
Personality: Even with a warm and soft voice, petfectly marching with her shyness, she can make herself feared by her quick temper and strong fast reaction at any threat.

*please Sensei, if my english have flaws correct me :)

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Village info: ?
Village of birth: ?
Chakra: 600
Health: 75
Kekkei Genkai: Byakugan
Basic elements: 水 water 地 earth 雷 lightning
Basic ninja skills: Taijutsu - Gentle fists B rank
Here I can put medjutsu?

useful link

useful link 2

Last edited:

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
updating:
Motto: "it doesn't matter if you die young or old-geezer man, but it's not the same like a lion to die, or like a chained dog"(romanian poetry)

Basic informations:

Name: Hynata Hyuuga
Nickname: Michelle (if allowed)
Clan: Hyuuga, the main branch family
Looks: Hynata Hyuuga is a tall and strong kunoichi with brown hair and green eyes who turns white when she activates byakugan.
Her charm it's never observed because of her armor of shyness, but at a second look you can see it. She has the hair braided usually, on missions and daily life.
She dreses without fancy clothes but with maximum of utility, usually with her lilac coloured hood, black pants and ninja sandals. Her body is stronger than looks and her mind is sharp.

Personality:
Even with a warm and soft voice, petfectly marching with her shyness, she can make herself feared by her quick temper and strong fast reaction at any threat.

Village info
Village of birth:
?
Chakra: 600
Health: 75
Kekkei Genkai: Byakugan
Basic elements:
水 water - B rank jutstus
地 earth - B rank jutstus
雷 lightning -B rank jutstus
Basic ninja skills:
Taijutsu - Gentle fists B rank
Ninjutsu / medjutsu ?

History and background
As a heir of a powerful clan since birth, Hynata had the privilege to be trained from the beggining by the head of the family, her father. At first her tiny body and fragile constitution made her to not keep up with the training and she was a dissapointment for her father, who almost rejected her. She grew in the shadow of her genius gifted cousin, Neji Hyuuga, who hated her for her social rank. As gennin she fell in love with his school comrade who became her husband after the Big Ninja War. Her constant love, unrequested apparently, steeled her character and made her the support of the man who saved the Ninja World. And ultimately she succeed to change her cousins feelings for her into brotherhood love.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
So when making a bio, there is a certain template that you have to follow, that you have somewhat found! Well done!

Lets now take a look at whats actually required in a bio!

Basic Information
Name:
Nickname:
Clan:

Looks:

Personality:

Village Info

Land of Birth:
WSE Clan:

Rank//Chakra Info

Ninja Rank:
Specialty:
Elements:
Your ninjutsu:

Background Info

History:

Other
Scientific Tools:
Artifacts:

Picture:

Theme Song and Background Music:

Battles

Won:
Lost:

Thats a lot, so lets break it down section by section!

Basic Information
Name:
Nickname:
Clan:

These are mostly self explanatory, their name, nickname, gender and age go without saying. Some abilities or characters such as Ay dont specifically say what clans they are from, or might not actually come from a clan. This section can be filled out with an N/A if its non-applicable.

Looks:

Personality:

These again go without saying, what does your character look like, and whats their personality like? If you dont wish to type out what your character looks like, you can simply place a picture here as well of what they look like.

Village Info

Land of Birth:
WSE Clan:

These two are about your Ninja World origins. Where does your character come from? As stated above with Ice Release for example, some abilities require specific Areas. WSE clan however if who you personally are affiliated with in the Ninja World. Are you in a village? Are you on your own or in your own clan? This is where you fill out that info.

Rank//Chakra Info

Ninja Rank:
Specialty:
Elements:
Your ninjutsu:

Now more fun! Ninja rank is what rank you are currently, which would be academy student.
Specialties are what skills you specialize in, and what defines what youre good at.We have several to choose from that all give you benefits. Specialties can be found here:

https://animebase.me/threads/bio-rules-quick-access.718945/post-21814300

Specialties can be defines as primary, secondary or apex.
Examples include:
Spoiler
Spoiler
So as you can see, there is some real benefits to having specialties!

Elements again explained prior are Earth, Lightning, Wind, Fire and Water. At your rank only up to C rank. But here is also where you would put any Advanced, or Custom elements you have.

Ninjutsu is the skills that you would have learned, such as kenjutsu, taijutsu, summoning contracts or any special skills related to the character such as rinnegan techniques or biijutsu techniques etc.

Background Info

History:

Background info and history is the story of your character. You may choose to use a fictional history to start with or even use the real history and story of your ninja world! Its completely up to you. The only rule for this is that everything has to take place in our ninja world though!

Other
Scientific Tools:
Artifacts:

So next we have Scientific tools and Artifacts! Scientific tools are Custom Technologies you may have made in the Custom Technology thread, or purchased in the Ninja World. Artifacts are similar, and can only be purchased or won in the Ninja world. They can be accumulated and so far have no limit to how many you can have on your person at one time. Ninja can have up to 5 Tools in their bio while Cyborgs can have up to 10 on their body.

Picture:

Theme Song and Background Music:

Battles

Won:
Lost:

Finally the last sections! Pictures, are where you can post more cool pictures of your character! Themesong is where you can post a link or name of your characters theme song!
As for Battles, its where you can keep track of the battles that you've won or lost.

Lets revist medjutsu really quick. Right now you hsvent purchased it from the shop, so you will be unable to out it into your bio. However once you have then you can include it!

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
You can still make a bio, following thag template ive provided above, and as long as you dont include medjutsu, it can be approved! Otherwise if a mod checks it and you do not have medjutsu in your inventory, they could decline the bio.

So its up to you whether you want to make the bio now without medjutsu to start RPing, or to waiy and then buy med and make it