Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I’d like to see more artists making threads like this because I think this could help us all improve on our art. But anyway, here’s the subject that we’re going to recreate:

You must be registered for see images

And here’s my recreation of it:

It took 7 minutes because I had the image pulled up on my phone, which has a tiny screen, and I had to keep changing the facial structure lol. I’m not entirely happy with it but I am glad I attempted it. Also, I’d like to see your recreations of the subject, so post them.

Edit: Additional references:

Last edited:

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But redrawing existing images isn't really a good idea if you want to improve :sweat:
It can help hone your style. Even if it’s imitation, I know I certainly wasn’t good at drawing DBZ nor anything else at the beginning of the year. Eventually, you find ways to simplify visually complex art styles and it becomes second nature. And don’t get me wrong, anime isn’t as complex as drawing real people but I’m used to stick figures at the most lol. Also, some people can’t draw good from memory alone but if they have a subject in front of them, they can “recreate” it better than if it hadn’t been there.

awesomeseimei

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It can help hone your style. Even if it’s imitation, I know I certainly wasn’t good at drawing DBZ nor anything else at the beginning of the year. Eventually, you find ways to simplify visually complex art styles and it becomes second nature. And don’t get me wrong, anime isn’t as complex as drawing real people but I’m used to stick figures at the most lol. Also, some people can’t draw good from memory alone but if they have a subject in front of them, they can “recreate” it better than if it hadn’t been there.
That's true, I used to redraw pics too but it was a long time ago. But it's better to use multiple reference pics to understand how the thing you're drawing "works" from different angles etc.