Lesson in the correct way to type numbers!

KillerMongoose

Leaf Village Regular 🍃
Regular
687 posts 46 reactions
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
687
Reaction score
46
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I have noticed on numerous occasions that members have been Incorrectly typing in numbers, and it's pissing me off!

I have seen people use 100.000 for One Hundred Thousand, and 35,5 for Thirty Five and a half. These are WRONG! "100.000" means One Hundred, and "35,5" means Thirty Five and Five.

The correct way to type the number One Hundred Thousand is 100,000! A few more examples perhaps?
10
100
1000
10,000 means Ten Thousand
100,000 means One Hundred Thousand
1,000,000 means One Million
...

The correct way to type Thirty Five and a half is 35.5, the . in math is called a decimal! Again I will give some more examples.
1.5 is One and a half
10.7 is Ten and Seven Tenths
27.1 is Twenty Seven and One Tenth
...

For those who say that in other countries they type it 35,5 it's still ridicules. Just like driving on the left hand side of the road.
 
Last edited:

Corgi

Banned
Elite
8,522 posts 1,094 reactions
Joined
May 15, 2012
Messages
8,522
Reaction score
1,094
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
For numbers less than 10, you're supposed to right it out

ex. 1.5 would be one and a half.
 

Asu Be

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,141 posts 102 reactions
Joined
May 29, 2013
Messages
1,141
Reaction score
102
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
You must be registered for see images

this is the internet , get f****** over it
 

Calpal

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
4,225 posts 358 reactions
Joined
Mar 19, 2013
Messages
4,225
Reaction score
358
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Lol
(Someone has OCD..^^^)
 

Sasuke Uchiha Susanoo

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
2,712 posts 220 reactions
Joined
Nov 12, 2012
Messages
2,712
Reaction score
220
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Thanks for teaching me, Sensei Troll.
 

Yo pappy

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
6,157 posts 1,014 reactions
Joined
Oct 19, 2011
Messages
6,157
Reaction score
1,014
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
For numbers less than 10, you're supposed to right it out

ex. 1.5 would be one and a half.
I wish more people knew that, it's 1 of my biggest pet peeves. (¬‿¬)
 
158 posts 20 reactions
Joined
Oct 30, 2012
Messages
158
Reaction score
20
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Um... thanks for the lesson... I think. But I hardly see anyone typing numbers incorrectly, though it could be that I only open certain threads.
 

Frankenstein

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
4,579 posts 525 reactions
Joined
Jun 16, 2012
Messages
4,579
Reaction score
525
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I have noticed on numerous occasions that members have been Incorrectly typing in numbers, and it's pissing me off!

I have scene people use 100.000 for One Hundred Thousand, and 35,5 for Thirty Five and a half. These are WRONG! "100.000" means One Hundred, and "35,5" means Thirty Five and Five.

The correct way to type the number One Hundred Thousand is 100,000! A few more examples perhaps?
10
100
1000
10,000 means Ten Thousand
100,000 means One Hundred Thousand
1,000,000 means One Million
...

The correct way to type Thirty Five and a half is 35.5, the . in math is called a decimal! Again I will give some more examples.
1.5 is One and a half
10.7 is Ten and Seven Tenths
27.1 is Twenty Seven and One Tenth
...

That has been my little rant.

Yeah...well...it's a little embarrassing to make such a mistake when you are ranting about something silly.
 

KillerMongoose

Leaf Village Regular 🍃
Regular
687 posts 46 reactions
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
687
Reaction score
46
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Here is a recent example
 

Alice in Noodleland

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
4,914 posts 2,160 reactions
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
4,914
Reaction score
2,160
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
As long as they give me the right and exact amount of change everytime I buy something- I'm done .
 

Khallil

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
14,783 posts 653 reactions
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
14,783
Reaction score
653
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
This is very pointless. You obviously live in america. Many countries have different meanings with . Or ,


Like in the netherlands, 100.000 means officially hundred thousand and 100,000 mean hundred
But in america it is the other way round
 

Fapulous

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,189 posts 107 reactions
Joined
Jun 11, 2011
Messages
1,189
Reaction score
107
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
The way you split numbers differs with countries.

In some countries they use periods, while in America and most other countries we use commas.
 

KGB Kakuzu

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
12,448 posts 1,621 reactions
Joined
Jul 20, 2012
Messages
12,448
Reaction score
1,621
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Yeah...well...it's a little embarrassing to make such a mistake when you are ranting about something silly.

I see what you pointed out with your post! One and a half points for Frankenstein :hint:!



OT: I honestly have not seen an individual on here use commas for decimal points. That is interesting. Well then again that is how it is done in Germany... I forgot about that for a second there!


EDIT: Ooops... I messed that up, they use periods for commas U_U!
 

~Puppet Master~

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
5,504 posts 786 reactions
Joined
Jul 16, 2012
Messages
5,504
Reaction score
786
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Or... We could just type it like this

100 000

...
 
Top