Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"Kuvira's Gambit"​

Legend of Korra Book 4 Episode 11 Discussion

Discuss Legend of Korra book 4 episode 11 here and rate this episode.

Please remember to rate this week's episode!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

You must be registered for see images

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This episode can only be described as crazy.

I seriously didn't see the giant death-mecha coming, though Kuvira's betraying Baatar Jr. was anticipated.​

Fex

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This episode can only be described as crazy.

I seriously didn't see the giant death-mecha coming, though Kuvira's betraying Baatar Jr. was anticipated.​
I full agree with you but the thing that just irritates me were just Korra choices were just stupid throughout this episode and even throughout the season. I love Korra but she is just not that smart.
Still 5/5 episode.

Hazo

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was expected, i mean how can you use a super weapon if you're unable to move it freely (if it's static only in the ground)...

But what's with surrendering so easily, i wanted to see some guns blazing...

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lawd......
Oh god....

I can't breathe. . .

This episode was just. Ugh...

Everyone shit themselves(me included) when they saw the Gundam.

Last edited:

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
5/5. Figured Korvira was just using batar, but wow to try to kill him. It would not surprise me if Korvira is part of the red lotus and has bigger ambitions.

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
5/5. Figured Korvira was just using batar, but wow to try to kill him. It would not surprise me if Korvira is part of the red lotus and has bigger ambitions.
Why would Kuvira be part of the Red Lotus when her ambition is to be an absolute ruler? Zaheer, leader of Red Lotus, claimed he is against Kuvira so she can't have ambitions inline with the Red Lotus.
Platinum is a metal, last I checked.
He's asking whether the metal benders will be able to bend it or not. If it is platinum, the metal benders can't do anything against it which is probably the case as Kuvira wouldn't overlook that fact when she herself is a metal bender and the fact she is from a metal bending city.

OT: I'd give this a 4/5. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see a war happen. The Fire Nation and Water Tribe absences were also disappointing. Regardless, the character development and plot pacing was great. It seems like Bataar Jr. will become a good guy and reveal the secret to beating Kuvira's ultimate weapon. Zhu Li has become very independent and is willing to speak up for herself.

BenjerminGaye

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Why would Kuvira be part of the Red Lotus when her ambition is to be an absolute ruler? Zaheer, leader of Red Lotus, claimed he is against Kuvira so she can't have ambitions inline with the Red Lotus.

He's asking whether the metal benders will be able to bend it or not. If it is platinum, the metal benders can't do anything against it which is probably the case as Kuvira wouldn't overlook that fact when she herself is a metal bender and the fact she is from a metal bending city.

OT: I'd give this a 4/5. I was a bit disappointed that we didn't get to see a war happen.
I'm aware of what he's asking.

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I wasn't aware Zaheer was the leader of the red lotus @.@

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We all saw Kuvira betraying Botar.

Yeah the Mechabot is crazy.

Raiko standing down was stupid, they should have fought.

I was waiting for some awesome fighting scenes but I guess that is next weeks episode. Cant wait!

I also think we are getting a character death next episode. I mean you cant fire that weapon and not kill anyone, seems unrealistic to me. Maybe one of the beifong twins.

Last edited:

Icelerate

Elite
Kin
37💸
Kumi
30💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We all saw Kuvira betraying Botar.

Yeah the Mechabot is crazy.

Raiko standing down was stupid, they should have fought.

I was waiting for some awesome fighting scenes but I guess that is next weeks episode. Cant wait!

I also think we are getting a character death next episode. I mean you cant fire that weapon and not kill anyone, seems unrealistic to me. Maybe one of the beifong twins.
Raiko may have done the right thing. If he hadn't stood down, all the citizens, the entire city and the entire army would get obliterated. Remember when King Bumi surrendered Omashu to the Fire Nation? It was all a wise choice even though at first it made no sense to give the city without putting up any resistance.

I agree with the lack of fight scenes, this season needs more of them. I was expecting a ton of fight scenes but they surrendered.:devil:
Too bad we won't be seeing many traditional fight scenes anymore, just the final battle between Avatar state Korra VS Mecha Kuvira and some stealth scenes. This season has been all about stealth which is quite intriguing in its own right. Too bad a conventional war like TLA doesn't seem like it will happen anymore.

I don't recall any good guy dying the LoK or TLA. It is even worse off at killing characters than Naruto because it is an animated series on a kid's channel. It would be pretty funny if Kuvira ended up only killing Bataar Jr.
I really don't like the fact that the laser is only as powerful as a missile...
By Avatarverse standards, its power level is unreal. This level of power is only rivalled by Fire Lord Ozai during the Sozin's comet or an Avatar in the avatar state.

Status
Not open for further replies.