1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

''Beginnings: Part 1 & 2''​
Legend of Korra Book 2 Episode 7 & 8 Discussion

Discuss Legend of Korra book 2 episode 7 & 8 here and rate these episodes.

Please remember to rate this week's episodes!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited by a moderator:

-Sky-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Legend of Korra - Book 2 Episode 7 and 8: Beginnings

Best episode(s) this season IMO. :cool: 5/5

Can't wait to see how they'll do the final battle for Korra

Pekoms

Elite
Kin
53💸
Kumi
27,056💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Two truly great episodes; practically the entire hour-long duration was highly interesting.

I figured that the other Lion Turtles could grant other elements but still, the air nomads... they've been around a long time.
The entire bit leading up to the battle was great and of course, the battle itself was fantastic. The end was... moving.​

3 Tomoe Rinnegan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The best episodes of the season, it really showed much needed backstory on the history of bending and the first avatar. 5/5 by far. Now Korra can stop being so angsty.

Killer B

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The best 2 episodes I have seen from the Legend of Korra...amazing artwork, and above all storytelling in just two short chapters im blown away

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

This just confirms my belief that Koh will be the last villain that Korra faces.
It is clear Vaato became Koh (Well he is locked up in the same tree and an ancient spirit).

Since he can turn good spirits into bad spirits then it is the chief of the northern tribe is probably making deals with him which is why he entered the spirit world.
It makes sense now when he was talking to Aang about having quarrels with the avatar.

Loved these two episodes.

CDT23

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

dang, very good episode. Very touching, i'm a big fan of the music. Not going to lie, I almost cried at the end of part two. This episode was so great. It reminded me of the Last Air Bender Season 1 ending when Aang merged with the water spirit.

Fuzzy Panda

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
EP.7 and EP.8 = Best Legend of Korra episodes?

Just finished watching episode 7 and 8 of Legend of Korra Book 2.

Just have to say that the episodes were fricking awesome!
Animation=New style and very cool
Music=Great as always
Wan= Definitely one of the best avatars!
Story= Very interesting and we understand the origin and reason behind the avatars.

Overall the episodes was really good :)

How did you guys find the episodes? How did you like Wan and the light spirits?

Gatsuuga

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: EP.7 and EP.8 = Best Legend of Korra episodes?

I just finish watching it as well. I can't wait to download it in HD, because streaming never gives very good quality. Still it was a awesome episode and I really love the direction the series is taking now.

I really liked Wan and to be honest I think he is way cooler then Korra. Korra's attitude gets on my nerves some times, especially when she is *****ing about her dad or mako or tenzin. Its hard not to compare her to Aang, considering Aang>>>>Korra, but hopefully this is just the push she needs to mature.

Like you said the art was amazing this episode and the music for avatar as a series is pretty unparalleled. The lion turltes were excellent and I'd love to see more of them in upcoming episodes. The ep really threw up some serious intrigue like for example is Koh the face stealer actually Vaatu - they have lots of links.

Reactions: Fuzzy Panda

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Oh YES! I loved them, they were by far the best Legend of Korra episodes and possibly even in the whole avatar series imo.

I loved Wan and the origin of his power; he's officially my favorite avatar.

Just everything about it was awesome, the art, the animation, music, characters, story, action......it was just perfect

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Vaatu has to be Koh!
Koh will be the last villain for Korra!

Best korra episode thus far and it ddnt even involve her ironically.

I love the last quote though "We will be together for all your lives. We will never give up."

So when he avatar goes into the avatar state he/she is essentially merging with light spirit Raka. So if he/she dies in avatar state, then Raka dies so then the avatar will seize to exist. Amazing. Makes sense.

Lightbringer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Vaatu has to be Koh!

I love the last quote though "We will be together for all your lives. We will never give up."

So when he avatar goes into the avatar state he/she is essentially merging with light spirit Raka. So if he/she dies in avatar state, then Raka dies so then the avatar will seize to exist. Amazing. Makes sense.
what if the final enemy would be the Dark Avatar? Vatu could merge with a bender similar to how Raka did with Wan.....that would be an epic battle

Fuzzy Panda

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just finish watching it as well. I can't wait to download it in HD, because streaming never gives very good quality. Still it was a awesome episode and I really love the direction the series is taking now.

I really liked Wan and to be honest I think he is way cooler then Korra. Korra's attitude gets on my nerves some times, especially when she is b!tching about her dad or mako or tenzin. Its hard not to compare her to Aang, considering Aang>>>>Korra, but hopefully this is just the push she needs to mature.

Like you said the art was amazing this episode and the music for avatar as a series is pretty unparalleled. The lion turltes were excellent and I'd love to see more of them in upcoming episodes. The ep really threw up some serious intrigue like for example is Koh the face stealer actually Vaatu - they have lots of links.
Absolutely! Definitely agree with your points. Yeah before watching, I downloaded it in HD..and it was worth it. Go do it too! :D

Oh YES! I loved them, they were by far the best Legend of Korra episodes and possibly even in the whole avatar series imo.

I loved Wan and the origin of his power; he's officially my favorite avatar.

Just everything about it was awesome, the art, the animation, music, characters, story, action......it was just perfect
Yeah Wan is awesome! He's funny, kind and EPIC. Agree with all your other points too :)

Vaatu has to be Koh!

Yeah I agree..epic quote! THe information we learnt in this episode links up all the loose ends about the avatar, why the cycle stops when the avatar dies in avatar state..etc.

Hmm interesting theory about Koh, but his arch enemy avatar was Kuruk not Wan, so he could just be a really powerful dark spirit. Still plausible though :)

what if the final enemy would be the Dark Avatar? Vatu could merge with a bender similar to how Raka did with Wan.....that would be an epic battle
Haha for all we know, Korra's uncle could merge with Vatu. But he just has water bending. When Wan merged with Rava at the time, the Lion-turtle gave him the power to bend all 4 elements.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

That was just plain awesomeness :dafq: especially the last fight, just splendid!

The animation was just orgasmic and I love the historical explanation of the Avatar.

But no I don't really believe Vaatu is Koh. There might be a connection, but Vaatu was supposed to have been sealed away while Koh was even able to steal the face of Avatars Kuruk wife. He might be related somehow to Vaatu, but for someone who was supposed to be sealed by the first Avatar, he had more than one encounter with other Avatars that didn't interact with him because of Vaatu.

Loved the nonofyabusiness-joke reference of the humanoid lemur spirit xd

Osagyefo

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

These are simply the best LoK episodes this season, and Wan is just about the coolest Avatar there was and is......... :T_T:

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That depends on how Vaatu is now. But a dark avatar would be pretty badass. This series just suddenly got way better!!
That was just plain awesomeness :dafq: especially the last fight, just splendid!

The animation was just orgasmic and I love the historical explanation of the Avatar.

But no I don't really believe Vaatu is Koh. There might be a connection, but Vaatu was supposed to have been sealed away while Koh was even able to steal the face of Avatars Kuruk wife. He might be related somehow to Vaatu, but for someone who was supposed to be sealed by the first Avatar, he had more than one encounter with other Avatars that didn't interact with him because of Vaatu.

Loved the nonofyabusiness-joke reference of the humanoid lemur spirit xd
Well Koh never leaves that tree. Just because someone is sealed doesnt mean that they cant interact with others. He might be sealed in the sense that he cannot leave from his prison.
I still think he might related to Koh or something like that. Roku mentioned that Koh was an ancient spirit, as old as the moon and ocean spirits.

Absolutely! Definitely agree with your points. Yeah before watching, I downloaded it in HD..and it was worth it. Go do it too! :D

Yeah Wan is awesome! He's funny, kind and EPIC. Agree with all your other points too :)

Yeah I agree..epic quote! THe information we learnt in this episode links up all the loose ends about the avatar, why the cycle stops when the avatar dies in avatar state..etc.

Hmm interesting theory about Koh, but his arch enemy avatar was Kuruk not Wan, so he could just be a really powerful dark spirit. Still plausible though :)

Haha for all we know, Korra's uncle could merge with Vatu. But he just has water bending. When Wan merged with Rava at the time, the Lion-turtle gave him the power to bend all 4 elements.
I just know that Koh will be involved in this series. Before Vaatu, he was the only evil spirit we knew!