Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Abrupt, sudden thuds impact the otherwise impeccable land outside of an equally pristine dojo, far away from the hustle and bustle of the big cities of the Ninja World. A heavily armoured, optimistic youth beginning to regret his choice of equipment, for if he knew this training session was to be undertaken so far away, he would have packed light... But as his destination came into view, he braced himself, ready to meet one of his first "students" since going "pro". As he carefully, yet forcefully all the same, threw the ancient-looking doors ajar, he announced his presence with a hearty, joyous roar.

"Everything's okay now. Why? Because I am here!!"

As Izuku made his presence known, he caught the first glimpse of his student, clad in a very light, more appropriate jump-suit, the kind those "youth fanatics" wear, immediately reinforcing the thought he had just moments ago. He should have dressed light... Potential fashion faux pas aside, he introduced himself, and, to save potential awkward silences, made sure that this young woman was indeed his student, ensuring to maintain eye contact for as long as possible, to avoid the other kind of awkwardness that could come from this situation. He was nothing like his class-mate, Mineta...

"I-I, uh, hey th-I mean, um, greetings. M-my name is Deku-I mean Izuku Midoriya. You're 'Rukia', y-yes? I was s-sent here in regards to your t-t-training request."

Giving the young woman plenty of time to respond before continuing, Deku took a quick look around the room. To his surprise, it was sturdier than it looked from the outside, so perhaps he didn't need to be as "restrained" as he initially thought. But he was getting ahead of himself. Before they could get to the "fun", the pair had some logistics to go over. Taking a second to once more compose himself, he then met Rukia's gaze, this time with a fervent drive, starting them off.

"Okay, first off, I'll need you to tell me everything you know about three specific subjects. The first is the basic field of Taijutsu. Since you're applying for a tool from that field, it's only natural that you'd be quizzed on the field itself. The second is the advanced technique, or 'Mode' used by high-level hand to hand users, the Eight Inner Gates. This is because of it's indirect link to the tool you applied for. And speaking of, finally I need you to tell me what you know about the tool itself, Leg Weights."

As he finished, and awaited the inevitable info dump, he rubbed the back of his neck, and showed a happy, if slightly shy smile.

Bloo

Symbol of Peace
Immortal
Kin
2,033💸
Kumi
1,454💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rukia had been waiting what seemed like days before anyone showed up, she had begun to think no one was coming and that this was a waste of time. She was just about to leave when someone appeared in the dojo. His attire was odd even by rukias standards. he approached her never losing eye control, making rukia fell some what self conscious. Without missing a beat he launched into an introduction, it was painful to say the least as he stuttered though every single word. When he finished stammering though his intro all rukia could manage was a nod as she was speechless. This was gonna be her teacher, but that doubt disappeared as he launched into a the best imitation of a teacher. The faces that rukia was making, as she went though a spectrum of emotion, probably looked like she was making fun of the boy before her. Once he finished she would take out a flask full of konohas finest drink and took a swig. She knew this wouldn't be easy but this, this was gonna be a real ball buster of a training session.

Clearing her throat rukia began to answer the questions. "Well first taijutsu, or body technique, is the use of using one's body to attack, whether that be a punch, a kick or whatever. Basically taijutsu is the mastering of ones body. Now if taijutsu is the mastering of the body then the eight inner gates is to Go Beyond even that. The eight inner gates allow the user to push their body past their physical limitations. And lastly, leg weights are in simple terms a way to train and increase the muscles in the legs allowing the user, once they are accustomed to the extra weight and removing them to increase the power in their legs." Rukia never was wordy so she hoped that would be at least sufficient.​

Last edited:

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Apologies for the delay. Life, and shit. :/

As Rukia gave her description of the requested subjects, Deku started performing basic warm-up motions, never breaking attention from her as he did so. Once she was done, Deku gave one final, sustained, strained stretch, before snapping back to Rukia with blatant enthusiasm.

"Okay, since you clearly have a grasp on the fundamentals, we can SMASH right through to the next part with feelings, Plus Ultra!!"

As he finished his sentence, the green-suited young man vanished as a wisp of dust could be seen, and subtle vibrations rippled throughout the floor of the dojo. Before she knew it, Rukia could hear the faintest sound of contact on the ceiling, when suddenly she would catch the faintest glimpse of Deku, in the air above her, glowing a faint greenish hue, shrouded in arcs of lightning, as he attempted to deliver a simple downward punch. As he did, he kept a warm, gentle smile on his face, as he encouragingly taunted the young woman.

You must be registered for see images

"Can your fists can keep up with your mouth?"

Bloo

Symbol of Peace
Immortal
Kin
2,033💸
Kumi
1,454💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As rukia finished speaking she had noticed her teacher begin to stretch. Ah this must be the boring do random exercises part, rukia thought. Before the thought had even left her mind he disappeared before her eyes, hasn't even started and hes already left, but that wasn't the case as he then reappeared above her. What he wouldn't know was rukia was a master swords woman and her reflexes were just as good as his speed. As the punch is thrown rukia would extend her right hand up so that it would catch your fist, making sure not to lock her elbow as to absorb the force of the blow with her whole body and not just her hand and wrist. Are you even trying? Rukia said mockingly as she meet his smile with a smile of her own. Rukia assumed this was his way of training, and she couldn't deny that this was definitely way more fun than the alternative.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
All according to keikaku, the woman before him was no mere slouch, and could clearly handle defend herself when the need arose. Lightly pushing off of her arm, Deku then landed a short distance away, smiling away as normal, before suddenly snapping into a more analytical state, muttering away to himself. Comments on whether he could increase his speed, or strength, or make his attack pattern more random, before remarking on Rukia's form, and stance, making mental notes about the young woman as he did so. As he finished up, while it was encouraging to see that Rukia could see through his attack, that didn't mean young Midoriya had a true grasp of Rukia's capabilities, or potential. Yes, indeed, it was time for... The dreaded tedious training phase!! A simple test of her creativity, and strength. Looking around the Dojo, Deku soon found a small storage closet full of supplies, which included bamboo swords, full sparring gear, and most importantly a dummy. Pulling the weighted training doll out, and placing it before Rukia, he invited her to show her strength, grace, and creativity.

"So, it's clear you have the knowledge of the Physical Arts, and the skills to back it up. Now I'd like to see what you can do when you combine the two. Use this dummy, and show me what you're made of!! Go beyond your limitations, and then some!! Plus Ultra!!"

Bloo

Symbol of Peace
Immortal
Kin
2,033💸
Kumi
1,454💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
With the punch blocked Deku would go back to a neutral position. That just must of been a test rukia thought to herself as he began mumbling to himself. All rukia could do was scratch the side of her face in anticipation. Once he had finished his episode, rukia watched as he headed towards what she assumed was a small supply closet. He would then promptly return with a training dummy, much to rukias chagrin. After his explanation of what he wanted her to do rukia would position herself in front of the dummy.

At her position in front of the dummy, rukia would take a deep breathe to clear her mind and ready her body. To start rukia would push off of her left foot into a spinning motion to her right. With this motion she would deliver a kick to the right upper thigh area of the dummy, but instead of ending it there rukia would bend her knee and push off to gain some height as well as spin in the opposite direction to deliver a left kick to the chest area of the dummy. Once again she would push off but this time into a super tight back flip, then to land into a crouched position. From the crouch she would use all her leg power to explode forth. Using all her might she would throw the strongest right hook ever. The power of this punch would send the now mangled dummy sailing across the room and destroy the wall of the dojo. Admiring her work rukia would wipe the sweat from her brow as well as mutter the word smash under her breath.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
**Stock apology, and request for forgiveness.**

Watching intently as the young woman displayed her skills beyond what could be shown from a glancing blow, Deku subtly pulled a small scroll out from one of the numerous pouches located along his belt. Unraveling it, and activating the formulae on it's face, causing a pair of weights to appeared with a muted "poof". Deku then followed a series of instructions located on the scroll, partially activating the seals on the summoned weights. As Rukia finished her busy work valuable exercise, Deku then handed her her very own set of Leg Weights. Incredibly heavy, bulky, and totally not stylish at all. The perfect tool for an attractive, healthy young woman in a trendy unitard... As he did, he explained the process that she would now have to go through.

"That was great, but I'm afraid that was the easy part... It only gets tougher from here on out, and the reason why is in your hands. See, those weights aren't currently exerting their maximum force, yet. See, if they were, you'd definitely be unable to move, and may even severely hurt yourself if you tried, so we start small, and work our way up. Build a tolerance to it, so to speak. So, try them on, and lets see how well you can move in them."

(Katai Omori) Leg Weights
Type: Weapon/Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: 30
Damage: N/A
Description: The Leg Weights used for Special Taijutsu Training with Added Weights are made through the application of a sealing formula to ordinary leg weights. The sealing formula is used to, through the use of Chakra, increase the weight of the leg weights to the desired level. The seal can't be applied to anything other than the leg weights and its use is restricted to its original purpose. One can remove the leg weights but the sealing technique in them stays active indefinitely and can't be released. Additionally, the Leg Weights and their unique seal calibration makes them only usable by the ninja to whom they belong. They can't be sealed or stolen.

Bloo

Symbol of Peace
Immortal
Kin
2,033💸
Kumi
1,454💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Finally rukia thought this training felt like it had been going on for two months. The moment Deku let go of the weights they jerked her arms toward the ground and this was suppose to be the lightest. OOF! She knew the weights were gonna be heavy but this was ridiculous. Sitting down Rukia would strap the weights around her ankles, standing up she would try to take a step but it was like she was trying to walk though mud with each step only being centimeters off the ground before it was sucked by down to the floor by gravity. Minutes passed sweat starting to bead up on her brow but she had made some progress, but it was still rather slow, this was a daunting task indeed. More time passed and now she had made significant progress now being able to walk at least some what normal. Cracking a big smile she would give a thumbs up to Deku signifying she was ready to continue.​

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Man, I am on a roll when it comes to real life interfering with NB, aren't I? Real talk though, health irl has gone downhill the last month or so. If you want more of an explanation, hit me up on Discord, but my guess is you're more interested in what lies beneath the horizontal line, so let's finish, yeah?

Interesting side note: Cause I've been really late in my replies, L gave me permission to skip the month waiting period between the first and second stage of Leg Weight training. Would be a kick in the teeth to have to wait a month for a reply, only to have to wait another cause it's mandatory, you know? So with that said, I'm going to fly through whatw e have left, cause you've been waiting long enough. ;)

Deku watched as Rukia slipped on the Weights, and seemed to struggle to move around, at least at first, despite only being about as heavy as a bag of dog food. Perhaps she was in need of more training? While thinking of a new way to approach the whole situation, Deku soon noticed that Rukia quickly acclimatized to the training instruments. Perhaps the slow start was simply a result of never having a similar training? Anyway, Deku abandoned his previous line of thought, and refocused on Rukia, seemingly adjusted to the additional, if relatively insignificant compared to what she was about to go through, amount of weight. As he pulled out another scroll, this time with a different formula on it's face, Deku then activated the Seal on Rukia's Leg Weights, increasing their weight twofold. This would definitely give Rukia something to feel sluggish over... As he already explained the process, Deku felt no reason to speak further. The next few hours were going to be just the two of them going back and forth between increasing the weight, and getting used to said increase. And that is exactly what the pair did, over and over, until Deku activated the scroll for the last time, placing Rukia's weights at their maximum capacity. Once this was achieved, the pair's business was, for the moment, concluded. So Deku, as un-awkwardly as possible, said his farewells, for the moment.

"Okay, so those weights of yours are at their limit. Any more and I'm pretty sure you'd be breaking through the floor... N-not that y-you're fat or a-anything!! *Sigh* Anyway, there isn't anything I can do for you, at least for now. You should probably go home, get used to wearing those in your day to day life, and so on. It's one thing to just get used to the extra weight, but it's another thing taking them into consideration when you're in different environments, and so on. In about a months time, I'll meet you back here, okay?"

And with a polite bow, and an affirming wave, Deku ran out the doors, was suddenly wreathed in an aura of green electricity, and disappeared in a flash of similarly colored energy, and an explosion of physical force.

*Imagine one month passing*

After a month of, among other various things, heroic acts and training, Deku arrived back at the Dojo he and Rukia met at. As he entered, he looked around, wondering if his student had arrived before him, and announced his presence once more.

"Here's hoping you're more nimble on your feet these days, Rukia-chan. Why...?"

As he built up to the end of his statement, Deku's body was surrounded with a familiar arc of electricity, releasing a steady stream of physical force merely by existing. With this intimidating aura, Deku gave out a mighty roar;

"Because I am here to finish this!!"

Bloo

Symbol of Peace
Immortal
Kin
2,033💸
Kumi
1,454💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rukia had finished the first part of her training and only needed to wait one more month. In this months time she would grow accustomed to wearing them, until she hardly ever noticed them. Rukia wouldn't say the month past by fast, in fact it felt more like three months worth of time had been super condensed into one. It was like she was a kid again and she couldn't sleep because the next day was Christmas and she couldn't wait to she what santa had brought.

Finally, the day came and she returned to the dojo to finally finish this training. She didn't have to wait long until Deku showed up. Rukia could feel her heart skip a beat as he roared. She could barely hold her excitement as she started to squirm in anticipation of finally finishing this training.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Deku could sense the overwhelming, palpable excitement as Rukia entered the Dojo once more. It was written across her face in permanent ink, and no amount of scrubbing could ever get rid of that. Deku welcomed Rukia back to the Dojo with a polite nod and smile, before deciding it was best to get down to business. He tossed her the second scroll containing the unfathomable art of removing a couple of clasps on the weights themselves, as he gestured for her to come at him once more, and a green lightning enveloped his form.

(Katai Omori: Doroppu) Leg Weights: Drop
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra: N/A
Damage: N/A (+20 to Kicks, 2x Running Speed)
Description:
The user stops, bends over to reach his legs and unstraps his leg weights, dropping them to the ground. As a result the user gains a drastic boost to his running speed (doubles) and +20 to all his Strong Fist Kick-related moves. However, this boost in strength and speed is completely nullified when releasing the EIG or when using any kind of movement speed enhancement technique or weight manipulation technique; they don't add up on each other.

"I hope you're well Rukia. The strain from those must be unbearable by now. Why don't you slip them off, and show me what you're capable of?"

Bloo

Symbol of Peace
Immortal
Kin
2,033💸
Kumi
1,454💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rukia caught the scroll; fingers shaking in anticipation as she unraveled it. Eagerly she looked over the scroll; after a few seconds Rukia knelt down and carefully followed the incredibly complicated process of removing the leg weights. Once that dauntless task was completed the weights would promptly fall from around her ankles and onto the dojo floor. Now free of the extra weight she would rub her ankles before standing up. The almost complete weightlessness that Rukia felt was intoxicating. She would test her new state by doing a few short hops; on the descent of each hop Rukia couldn't help but giggle as it felt as if she was floating on air.

Finally warmed up and accustomed to the feeling Rukia turned her attention to Deku as he was once again enveloped in a green lightning aura and beckoning her. Rukia was all too happy to indulge the man; with the weights removed Rukia would immediately put her new speed to practical use. Rukia would quickly dart to her right -you're left- leaving behind an afterimage, she would then proceed to run a circle around Deku stopping just breifly to create more after images; one would appear to his left, behind him and to his right, all of them being 3 meters away. Once completing the circle Rukia would appear crouched and in front of Deku and deliver a kick to send him flying ito the air. Rukia would then procced to follow Deku into the air to deliver a heel drop sending him crashing back down to the dojo floor.

Imperfect

Elite
Kin
2,726💸
Kumi
36,426💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Apologies for the delay, but thankfully, you won't have to put up with me any more after this post. Yay. (y)

As Rukia showed her progress, Deku didn't even react, allowing her to both run around him in her flashy, enthusiastic display, taking the time to show off further with the creation of after-images with her increased speed, before delivering an unexpected kick to his chin, sending him into the air, where she swiftly joined him, before finishing the second, and final blow. Even amidst her showmanship, and eccentric display, she would have noticed that no defense was put up, nor any attempt to react to her attack was made. As Deku was swiftly returned to ground level, Rukia following suit soon after, albeit at a more natural pace, as the dust settled, Deku's silhouette could be made out first, before his dirtied, yet still proudly postured body came into view. While covered in marks, and bleeding slightly from his mouth, his face sported a blatant, even proud, smile. It wasn't long before he addressed the young woman for the final time, but first, he simply let the moment soak in...

"I have to admit it, despite your lithe figure, you sure do pack a wallop. And now, thanks to those weights of yours, you'll hit just as hard as ever, while being able to dance around your opponents. Needless to say, I regret I was your first, ow."

Cradling his jaw, Deku closed his eyes, and gave a heavy sigh.

"Well, from here on out, you're on your own. There's nothing left for me to say but... Congratulations, and thank you.
Now get out there, and kick some butt!!"

As his face relaxed into his nervous optimism that he was known for, once more he was surrounded by arcs of green lightning, before abruptly vanishing from sight. Yet, while Rukia may have expected a sly hit on the way out, that was not the kind of person Deku was. He took his injury with grace and respect in equal measure, leaving Rukia to her own devices henceforth.

Reactions: Bloo